Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I'm interested to find out what Disney movie really struck a nerve when y'all were young.
Like the one that stayed with you, taught you something worthwhile
or just plain touched your heart!

Mine's Beauty and the Beast because it taught me not to judge a book
by it's cover smile heart
Before i say what i have to say about diseny. i love disen and their millions of stuff they are into.

with that said i hate how diseny gives girls this false sense of a prince charming and everyone gets a happily ever after. not all stories end well.

the movie i loved was mulan and tarzan...... honestly i love em all

5,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
mad_chemist
Before i say what i have to say about diseny. i love disen and their millions of stuff they are into.

with that said i hate how diseny gives girls this false sense of a prince charming and everyone gets a happily ever after. not all stories end well.

Totally agree. Disney gave me false expectations of men and hairstyles haha.
But that aside I think they're wonderful for escaping reality at the same time.
I love nothing more than forgetting my troubles and getting lost in a Disney film!
mad_chemist

If girls (or boys) still believe that crap past the age of 13, they're too damned sheltered and/or have mental issues that it's not Disney's place to be fixin'.

I don't think any Disney films ever really influenced me at all...
I loved, and still love, Aladdin. The movie teaches you that no matter what, the best thing is to be yourself and not try to change to get others to like and accept you.

5,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
xAliceJae
mad_chemist

If girls (or boys) still believe that crap past the age of 13, they're too damned sheltered and/or have mental issues that it's not Disney's place to be fixin'.

I don't think any Disney films ever really influenced me at all...

Obviously people grasp reality at some point and realise the diluted fairy tale is all a lie, but as I said they're good for forgetting all the crap in your life and just immersing yourself in. Some people are too cynical for Disney and I'm cool with that, but I made this thread to just ask Disney lovers what film jumps out at them and sticks with them. I'm 21 now, but whenever I see something Disney it makes me smile and I'm happy that it had that effect on me.
mad_chemist

Yeah, that's true. Disney always has a happily ever after.. but, let's not forget that a lot of their films, especially the Princess movies, were based off of fairy tales about a Princess falling in love with a Prince, being rescued, and living happily ever after. So, it's not all Disney's fault. :3
And you know.. it's weird that many of those fairy tales are actually very gruesome and adult. ..I guess in that sense, they had to make the stories more suitable for children, and children always want a happy ending! ^^;;;

5,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Ellehk
mad_chemist

Yeah, that's true. Disney always has a happily ever after.. but, let's not forget that a lot of their films, especially the Princess movies, were based off of fairy tales about a Princess falling in love with a Prince, being rescued, and living happily ever after. So, it's not all Disney's fault. :3
And you know.. it's weird that many of those fairy tales are actually very gruesome and adult. ..I guess in that sense, they had to make the stories more suitable for children, and children always want a happy ending! ^^;;;

Absolutely. The original fairytales were sometimes horrific. For instance, in Snow White originally the queen was forced to wear hot iron shoes and dance until she died! But I love Disney's ability to make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. He was one of history's greats in my eyes.
I love basically ALL Disney films, but the ones closest to my heart are probably..

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs because it's a classic, it's Disney's FIRST movie, I've always been madly in love with it, ever since I was a child, and it really inspires me in the fact that when it was created, it was expected to be a failure and was called "Disney's Folly", but when it came out, people found it so beautiful that it brought them to tears. I will never forget that. <3

Pocahontas because I love all of the songs in it and it's a very strong, emotional, and powerful movie, especially the ending scene when John Smith is leaving on the ship. And before you go off at me about how "historically inaccurate" that movie is, I just want to say that YES, in some ways it IS inaccurate, but in a lot of other ways, it is VERY historically accurate. There are many small references from history throughout the movie and even if Pocahontas ended up marrying John Rolfe, who are we to say that she didn't have something with John Smith? Despite popular belief, she was actually around 14 at that time, so for that time, she was of an appropriate age. Not to mention that in John Smith's on writings, he mentions that Pocahontas was in love with him (though, I feel that this was just him bragging considering his big ego, but still).

And lastly, Cinderella because it too was one of my most beloved movies during my childhood. I think it's just a sweet and beautiful movie and it teaches you the importance of never giving up on your dreams. :3

..Sorry if a rambled on a bit too much, especially about Pocahontas, but I have very strong opinions about Disney's movies and since I grew up on them, I have a very passionate love for them. XD;
AnthraxBabyy
Ellehk
mad_chemist

Absolutely. The original fairytales were sometimes horrific. For instance, in Snow White originally the queen was forced to wear hot iron shoes and dance until she died! But I love Disney's ability to make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. He was one of history's greats in my eyes.

Yeah, I agree. And really? I didn't know that! It's been a while since I read that story. o.o;

But, even still, I think the way she died in Disney's version was pretty horrific in it's own way. I mean.. she fell off a cliff and was crushed by a boulder. >.<;;
And I've always found the part afterward where the vultures fly down to feast on her dead body pretty ominous..
But, I agree. Disney really was very great. There's really no compare to Disney's classics.

5,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Ellehk
I love basically ALL Disney films, but the ones closest to my heart are probably..

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs because it's a classic, it's Disney's FIRST movie, I've always been madly in love with it, ever since I was a child, and it really inspires me in the fact that when it was created, it was expected to be a failure and was called "Disney's Folly", but when it came out, people found it so beautiful that it brought them to tears. I will never forget that. <3

Pocahontas because I love all of the songs in it and it's a very strong, emotional, and powerful movie, especially the ending scene when John Smith is leaving on the ship. And before you go off at me about how "historically inaccurate" that movie is, I just want to say that YES, in some ways it IS inaccurate, but in a lot of other ways, it is VERY historically accurate. There are many small references from history throughout the movie and even if Pocahontas ended up marrying John Rolfe, who are we to say that she didn't have something with John Smith? Despite popular belief, she was actually around 14 at that time, so for that time, she was of an appropriate age. Not to mention that in John Smith's on writings, he mentions that Pocahontas was in love with him (though, I feel that this was just him bragging considering his big ego, but still).

And lastly, Cinderella because it too was one of my most beloved movies during my childhood. I think it's just a sweet and beautiful movie and it teaches you the importance of never giving up on your dreams. :3

..Sorry if a rambled on a bit too much, especially about Pocahontas, but I have very strong opinions about Disney's movies and since I grew up on them, I have a very passionate love for them. XD;

I would never reprimand anyone for going on about Disney. I could listen to
Disney chat all day for the rest of my life smile
AnthraxBabyy
Ellehk

I would never reprimand anyone for going on about Disney. I could listen to
Disney chat all day for the rest of my life smile

Yeah, me too. xD
This is a hard question kuz I grew up watching all Disney films all the time. I had every one that came out as a kid. I would have to say that 101 Dalmatians and Little Mermaid were the ones that stuck with me the most. Oh and the Winnie the Pooh old cartoons. The little Black rain crowd and Blustery Day, those Winnie the Poohs >w< I just love that silly old bear
The Lion King influenced me. Through all these years, I've always remembered the very beginning... very good message

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff