Welcome to Gaia! ::

That's the new block on Disney XD for people who don't know Ultimate Spider-man and season two of Avengers EMH.

I don't have high hopes for Ult Spider-man it reminds me too much of teen Titans and my feelings for that show are pretty negitive. i feel it's only thing for Spider-man to make wisecracks and another for him to break into Family Guy style Cut aways. And his shield team really reminds me of the Titans, you even have Beast Boy's voice actor.

Anyway the block is also reairing tonight at 8 PM so you can still catch it.

Dangerous Visionary

User Image

Stayed up till 6am due to Toonami.
Passed the hell out right after the Avengers at noon.
I'm a boss. emotion_dealwithit

I actually like the humor, the style of animation, and the wise cracks. Sure for a premiere episode it wasn't spectacular but it was ulitmately funny. emotion_awesome I hope they show don't tell more though. I'm pretty sure most of us (kids included) can use wiki and such so you don't have to actual show the characters name and then read it to us. Plus it hasn't been that long since we seen a Spider-man cartoon. I'm sure we all know if we see a red headed hot chick then that's MJ. All in all I look forward to next week's swing around with Spidey.

And at the haters of these series:
User Image
Hey Miss-dark did you just see that ad for Motorcity? I think Mark Hammil is the main villain. He has a very distintive voice and I think I heard it.

I would give the first episode of Ultimate Spider-man a C+ it's not horrible but it could be more serous; There is one thing for Spider-man to make wise cracks and another for him to break into Family Guy style Cut Scenes every other minute.

Aunt May playing Wii? Did we need to see something like that?

I will say I cracked up laughing with the Kurt Conner's fake out. Where it looks like he's missing an arm. Of course changes are he will lose that arm eventually.
The show seems to be getting a bit of flack for its approach at humor. I think it's unique and can be funny at times though it understandably gets grating quite easily and takes away the mood especially during action sequences. I like the art and animation more so than in Spectacular Spider-Man too. Hopefully, there will be a better balance in future episodes.

I'm leaning towards 7 or 8 out of 10 so far.
Scrounder
The show seems to be getting a bit of flack for its approach at humor. I think it's unique and can be funny at times though it understandably gets grating quite easily and takes away the mood especially during action sequences. I like the art and animation more so than in Spectacular Spider-Man too. Hopefully, there will be a better balance in future episodes.

I'm leaning towards 7 or 8 out of 10 so far.

Spectacular Spider-man's animation was much more fluid then Ult Spider-man. Yes Ult Spider-man has more detailed designs but the animation was no where near as smooth as Spectacular's was. so I would say Spec Spider-man had much better animation.

I would give the show a 7/10 so far myself. I'm liking it more then the MTV Spider-man and on par with the first three seasons of the Fox Spider-man. But it's no where near as good as Spectacular Spider-man was. Yet anyway.

Season two of Avengers. It was great like season one was. 9/10.

Dangerous Visionary

Creativerealms
Hey Miss-dark did you just see that ad for Motorcity? I think Mark Hammil is the main villain. He has a very distintive voice and I think I heard it.

I would give the first episode of Ultimate Spider-man a C+ it's not horrible but it could be more serous; There is one thing for Spider-man to make wise cracks and another for him to break into Family Guy style Cut Scenes every other minute.

Aunt May playing Wii? Did we need to see something like that?

I will say I cracked up laughing with the Kurt Conner's fake out. Where it looks like he's missing an arm. Of course changes are he will lose that arm eventually.

(Edited my first post) emotion_awesome

Well come on. Joe, Stan, and everyone else involved on the project are older farts than we are and if you been keeping up with all the changes in comics in the last 15-10 years its not shocking to see a "youthful" Aunt May and Stan Lee working at Peter Parker school. *sniffs* Ah the stale smell of "we are so da the bomb kids". emotion_facepalm I agree with the cut scenes. It's cute in the comics and I like how they pretty much laid it out we have no fourth wall. Still too much telling and not enough showing. Plus, yes I know they are trying to get the kids to read the comics but you don't have to treat us all like total noobs. As I said in my above post it gets ******** annoying having to re-introduce every single character. Again we know Peter lives with Aunt May, we know if we see a red haired chick its probably MJ, and the bully is Flash. WE GET IT! Spider-man is an old a** character everyone knows who he is and the majority of his supporting cast. Stop teaching us things on Sunday MARVEL!

Dangerous Visionary

Creativerealms

Season two of Avengers. It was great like season one was. 9/10.

Now if Netflix can update and show the end of season one that would be great and also add the rest of Spectacular Spider-man. 3nodding I enjoyed it and actually looking forward to the Skrulls which is a sentence I never thought I would ever say. (As the whole Skrull BS is what started my separation from Marvel comics)
Doomed was a much better episode. There were less random cutaways and Doom was played completely serous like he should be (The doom bots had some good jokes though.) Still too much talking down to the viewer and I want less childish humor. I webbed my shorts really? Still this was better then the first two episodes by a long shot.

Dangerous Visionary

Creativerealms
Doomed was a much better episode. There were less random cutaways and Doom was played completely serous like he should be (The doom bots had some good jokes though.) Still too much talking down to the viewer and I want less childish humor. I webbed my shorts really? Still this was better then the first two episodes by a long shot.

Indeed. Though I wish they focus on the action when there's a serious fight going on. While I feel that things will continue to be hit and miss for the first season. Hopefully, they will get better next season. Kind of want to send some feedback so they don't keep talking down to us. Then again WE do know who's producing this. So I'm not really shocked they are treating us like noobs.

Yeah webbed my shorts and speaking of Shorts I didn't think the Marvel mash ups would be a continuous thing. As I wrote last week on my blog they best get some other shorts in between the shows. As yeah what's funny online isn't as funny on TV and memes don't have a long life span anyways. The Master class stuff is also kind of boring and I skip over it as well.

DC has the better block overall.

Super Genius

Sadly, I have no access to XD, so I'm screwed on that. But I remember the old Spider-friends cartoon heart
Miss-dark8607
Creativerealms

Indeed. Though I wish they focus on the action when there's a serious fight going on. While I feel that things will continue to be hit and miss for the first season. Hopefully, they will get better next season. Kind of want to send some feedback so they don't keep talking down to us. Then again WE do know who's producing this. So I'm not really shocked they are treating us like noobs.

Yeah webbed my shorts and speaking of Shorts I didn't think the Marvel mash ups would be a continuous thing. As I wrote last week on my blog they best get some other shorts in between the shows. As yeah what's funny online isn't as funny on TV and memes don't have a long life span anyways. The Master class stuff is also kind of boring and I skip over it as well.

DC has the better block overall.

While man of Action's cartoons have always been simplistic (Though I love Generator Rex when it does not try to be a comedy) they are comic writers and artists first and I believe three of them even worked on Spider-man comics. Also there's Paul Dini and Bendis who you would think would not talk down to the audience ether. Really I get that this show is using the comedy to set it apart from other Spider-man cartoons and that's fine but my problem has more to do with the type of humor they are going for.

My problem with the segments is they are too long. They could cut them in half and we would not lose much. I also wish the Fury files would give out comic book back story instead of just cartoon history for characters.

I do like the Marvel Mash ups though they too go on too long. Yes they need more verity.

Divine Sex Symbol

9,450 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
I see no point int watching it

Dangerous Visionary

Creativerealms

While man of Action's cartoons have always been simplistic (Though I love Generator Rex when it does not try to be a comedy) they are comic writers and artists first and I believe three of them even worked on Spider-man comics. Also there's Paul Dini and Bendis who you would think would not talk down to the audience ether. Really I get that this show is using the comedy to set it apart from other Spider-man cartoons and that's fine but my problem has more to do with the type of humor they are going for.

My problem with the segments is they are too long. They could cut them in half and we would not lose much. I also wish the Fury files would give out comic book back story instead of just cartoon history for characters.

I do like the Marvel Mash ups though they too go on too long. Yes they need more verity.

Yeah that's why I feel like Dini is still trolling and a little butt-hurt over something or it could be Joe being Joe. stare Basically, I think your suggestions would work maybe it's just the length these segments go on as well the humor.
I like the X-Men series that occasionally show and some of the Avengers episodes. I want more Marvel though lol
I am not looking forward to tomorrows episode of Ultimate Spider-man. I am not a fan of Venom. There are only two versions of Venom i have ever liked, Ultimate comics Venom and Spectacular Spider-man Venom. Now yes you would think that would mean I may like Venom in this show but here is the thing. I like the idea of Venom being created by Peter's Father and I like the idea of Eddie Brock being a friend of Peter's. From what I hear there will be no Eddie Brock in tomorrow's episode and Doc Ock created Venom.

So yeah I am not looking forward to it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces