Welcome to Gaia! ::

Coltergist's Problem

Fatcat

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show._Was anyone else highly disappointed with the first book or was it just me?

It just felt rushed. I kind of missed how the first Avatar series was long and they took time with the story line and the plot.
      Also, did anyone else find it kind of peculiar how Korra already knew three bending forms at a young age? (When they discovered she was the Avatar) She was living in the Southern Water Tribe. o.O This was prior to the White Lotus group finding her. And she could already earthbend, firebend and waterbend.

Another question, do you really think there should be more books since she already knows all four elements? I mean, what else could they add, the main villain was killed in the last episode and she already knows the elements. Comments?

Dangerous Lunatic

reIax bear
      User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show._Was anyone else highly disappointed with the first book or was it just me?

It just felt rushed. I kind of missed how the first Avatar series was long and they took time with the story line and the plot.
      Also, did anyone else find it kind of peculiar how Korra already knew three bending forms at a young age? (When they discovered she was the Avatar) She was living in the Southern Water Tribe. o.O This was prior to the White Lotus group finding her. And she could already earthbend, firebend and waterbend.

Another question, do you really think there should be more books since she already knows all four elements? I mean, what else could they add, the main villain was killed in the last episode and she already knows the elements. Comments?
Yeah now that ya mention it. It did feel a little rushed.

Coltergist's Problem

Fatcat

Miokou112
reIax bear

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show._YESS!! Someone else who agrees! Everyone is just like "omg Legend of Korra was so good" and here I am just thinking it wasn't that great. D:

They had so much events and only 12 episodes. I wish what they did was instead of adding another book, they added more episodes to the first season. And rather than killing off the main villain, they made it so that they somehow got away so Korra would have to face them again.

Enduring Gaian

Miokou112
reIax bear

It was originally a miniseries.

But I don't think "rushed" was the problem. They could have very well told a fantastic story in such a small number of episodes. The problem was that they lost sight of their plot and what was most important to the story, devoting their time to other things instead.

Coltergist's Problem

Fatcat

CelestialChild
It was originally a miniseries.

But I don't think "rushed" was the problem. They could have very well told a fantastic story in such a small number of episodes. The problem was that they lost sight of their plot and what was most important to the story, devoting their time to other things instead.
      User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show._I feel like they focused more on the romance than on the bending. I was kinda looking forward to the bending :c

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

Yeah, I still wondered as to how she can bend earth and fire without any trainers to guide her. sweatdrop Let alone to bend Air with only a few training tips from Tenzin.

I still liked the show, but I was "kind of" disappointed from the ending. I didn't expect Noatok to be Tarrlok's brother even WITH some hints about Yakone's bloodbending.

-~-â—†-~-

Invisible Regular

The main problem was the tacky romance that was force fed to us. How could we really care about the love lives of these characters when we hardly even knew them?

Coltergist's Problem

Fatcat

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show._Yeah I didn't like it either. xD Mako wasn't all that great imo.

BLEH xD
While Korra discovered Earth and Fire bending when she was six it took her ten years to master those skills. I really don't see why we needed to watch her learn those elements. If she had to master all the elements before defeating Amon that would have been too much like the first series. Having her already know three elements and unable to learn the fourth was interesting at set the series apart from the first one.

Anyway I loved the main plot of the anti bending revolutionaries, hated the Pro-Bending and romance sub plots. For characters yeah hated Mako, Bolin did not do enough, but I liked Korra and Asami, also liked Tenzin, Amon, Tarlok.

Yes the show was rushed but really Avatar's story dragged on too long so really ether way would have been a problem. If they dragged on the Amon story for three seasons that would have been just as bad. i like that we will get a different story line for each season. Though I really hope "Spirit" is not as rushed.

I would give Korra Book one a 8/10 I liked it and felt it was a good story. Not perfect for sure and yeah the ending sucked. Really it's nearly as bad as Avatar's ending.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff