20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Gundamu
Miyuki013
Gundamu
How come they never call the police?
ikr XD lol i always wonder that..i guess they wouldn't have any more plots for the show though..but seriously.. the misfits almost killed them and other people a bunch of times XD

Like that one time where they caused that avalunch and were actually photographed in the act. Instead of taking those pictures to the police the sent them to Pizzazzs father. Dafuq?! If they were worried about plot they could have just went with the whole using money to get out of prison time angle. I would have been able to tolerate that.
thats true--but they wouldn't have been the same Misfits if they actually got in trouble for their messes XD ..I can't see how this show would actually be good for little girls to watch though. Most of the characters were really stupid and made bad choices all the time XD

Assimilated Wolf

Miyuki013
Gundamu
Miyuki013
Gundamu
ikr XD lol i always wonder that..i guess they wouldn't have any more plots for the show though..but seriously.. the misfits almost killed them and other people a bunch of times XD

Like that one time where they caused that avalunch and were actually photographed in the act. Instead of taking those pictures to the police the sent them to Pizzazzs father. Dafuq?! If they were worried about plot they could have just went with the whole using money to get out of prison time angle. I would have been able to tolerate that.
thats true--but they wouldn't have been the same Misfits if they actually got in trouble for their messes XD ..I can't see how this show would actually be good for little girls to watch though. Most of the characters were really stupid and made bad choices all the time XD

Bad role models indeed.
Also, wtf was with Rio? What was his problem? Was he bipolar or something? Sheesh.

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Gundamu
Miyuki013
Gundamu
Miyuki013
Gundamu

Bad role models indeed.
Also, wtf was with Rio? What was his problem? Was he bipolar or something? Sheesh.
ha! totally bipolar! one of his best scenes was where he kicks over Jerrica's house plants in anger and then storms away and she is just like..."aww"... Oh i found it--here: User Image

as for bad role models, there's one scene when Aja is stranded in Vegas and about to miss the concert. A random guy pulls up on a motorcycle and says "hey gorgeous, want a ride" and she's like okay, sure, and gets on x.x fail. What a great thing to show little girls.

Assimilated Wolf

Miyuki013
Gundamu
Miyuki013
Gundamu
Miyuki013
Gundamu

Bad role models indeed.
ha! totally bipolar! one of his best scenes was where he kicks over Jerrica's house plants in anger and then storms away and she is just like..."aww"... Oh i found it--here: User Image

as for bad role models, there's one scene when Aja is stranded in Vegas and about to miss the concert. A random guy pulls up on a motorcycle and says "hey gorgeous, want a ride" and she's like okay, sure, and gets on x.x fail. What a great thing to show little girls.

Wow I totally forgot about that Vegas part. That is really bad. xD

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Not being a child of the 80's I had no idea Jem and the Holograms existed until it aired on the Hub. A friend of mine told me I should check it out and after one random episode that I watched on their site I was hooked. The show is pretty crazy, actually. Not as in how random it is but maybe because it represents what most of us think the 80's was like. I haven't really memorized any of the songs or episodes but I've seen enough of the show to know what it's like. As for favorite character, uh, I can't quite say. I like them all about the same and don't really find myself hating any of them. Not even the Misfits despite how horrible they really are. XD What I wanna know is how the Misfits get away with stuff like attempted murder and other serious crimes. The show just takes them so lightly. I guess everything is peachy so long as Jem and her crew get to sing at the end.

I'm really hoping Hasbro does something new with the series. If they made Jem dolls again I'd probably buy one or two.

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Murasaki Alien
Not being a child of the 80's I had no idea Jem and the Holograms existed until it aired on the Hub. A friend of mine told me I should check it out and after one random episode that I watched on their site I was hooked. The show is pretty crazy, actually. Not as in how random it is but maybe because it represents what most of us think the 80's was like. I haven't really memorized any of the songs or episodes but I've seen enough of the show to know what it's like. As for favorite character, uh, I can't quite say. I like them all about the same and don't really find myself hating any of them. Not even the Misfits despite how horrible they really are. XD What I wanna know is how the Misfits get away with stuff like attempted murder and other serious crimes. The show just takes them so lightly. I guess everything is peachy so long as Jem and her crew get to sing at the end.

I'm really hoping Hasbro does something new with the series. If they made Jem dolls again I'd probably buy one or two.
yeah i also jumped on board during this most recent hub airing--before then i had heard of it on gaia so when i saw it on the tv guide, i decided to check it out and i was glad--

Lol ths misfits..no one will ever know why they were able to get away with all that..but i guess if they went to jail maybe their dolls wouldn't sell..

i also wish Hasbro would do something new-- i heard they just renewed the copyright or something like that, which made people think they were about to do something...but then i hadn't heard anything.. they did make a mini comic for NY Comic con that had Synergy in it. It was a cross over...so it almost looked like they were getting ready to do something..but then maybe not?

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Miyuki013
Murasaki Alien

yeah i also jumped on board during this most recent hub airing--before then i had heard of it on gaia so when i saw it on the tv guide, i decided to check it out and i was glad--

Lol ths misfits..no one will ever know why they were able to get away with all that..but i guess if they went to jail maybe their dolls wouldn't sell..

i also wish Hasbro would do something new-- i heard they just renewed the copyright or something like that, which made people think they were about to do something...but then i hadn't heard anything.. they did make a mini comic for NY Comic con that had Synergy in it. It was a cross over...so it almost looked like they were getting ready to do something..but then maybe not?

I know there's a Jem fansite that stated that a year or two ago they had ordered some domain names or something relating to Jem. And, if I recall, I think they were or are planning a movie. Wouldn't surprise me, really, since Hasbro is trying its hand at making a Battleship film... Maybe a movie is what that series needs to give it the boost it needs, though. It worked wonders for Transformers. XD

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Murasaki Alien
Miyuki013
Murasaki Alien

I know there's a Jem fansite that stated that a year or two ago they had ordered some domain names or something relating to Jem. And, if I recall, I think they were or are planning a movie. Wouldn't surprise me, really, since Hasbro is trying its hand at making a Battleship film... Maybe a movie is what that series needs to give it the boost it needs, though. It worked wonders for Transformers. XD
oh! i wish! as bad as it will probably be..lol --that would be really cool..i don't know.. i think its already off the hub and there hasn't been much word---there are enough fans though so if they do make a move i think it would be well received.

Shy Pup

13,775 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Yes, I loved this show.
It brings back memories and its good to see its airing.
I'm not sure if I had a favorite character but I believe my
favorite song from the show was either the theme song
or "Music is Magic."

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Sakura Amethyst26
Yes, I loved this show.
It brings back memories and its good to see its airing.
I'm not sure if I had a favorite character but I believe my
favorite song from the show was either the theme song
or "Music is Magic."
oh i remember that song! its so catchy! --and of course i love the theme song too

Popular Fatcat

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I've been a Jem fan since 1994. 3nodding
I've got the entire series on wonderful bootleg dvds. heart
My favorite character is Stormer but I prefer the Hologram's music. When I was little, the best thing about the show was the pretty girls in cool outfits singing awesome songs. Now it's all the possibilities for lesbo fanfiction and fan art. mrgreen
I gotta say, I disagree with all the comments about it being a bad influence on little girls. I'm a junior in college right now and when I was a freshman I wrote an award winning essay on how Jem taught little girls good values and important life lessons.

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
BleuxBlancxRouge
My favorite character is Stormer but I prefer the Hologram's music. When I was little, the best thing about the show was the pretty girls in cool outfits singing awesome songs. Now it's all the possibilities for lesbo fanfiction and fan art. mrgreen
I gotta say, I disagree with all the comments about it being a bad influence on little girls. I'm a junior in college right now and when I was a freshman I wrote an award winning essay on how Jem taught little girls good values and important life lessons.
Well its true it does teach values--and they have the "doing the right thing makes you a super star" at the end of some episodes but they also do a lot of ridiculously stupid things. I mentioned before the scene where some guy is like "hey gorgeous, need a ride" to Aja in Vegas and she says "sure" and gets on the strange man's motorcycle with no hesitation. It was funny to watch for me but I think it could give a little girl the wrong ideas about being complimented and then trusting people. They do make a lot of terrible choices and get through a lot of realistically dangerous stuff without being hurt magically, so just that aspect of it seems bad for children to see.

Popular Fatcat

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Miyuki013
BleuxBlancxRouge
Well its true it does teach values--and they have the "doing the right thing makes you a super star" at the end of some episodes but they also do a lot of ridiculously stupid things. I mentioned before the scene where some guy is like "hey gorgeous, need a ride" to Aja in Vegas and she says "sure" and gets on the strange man's motorcycle with no hesitation. It was funny to watch for me but I think it could give a little girl the wrong ideas about being complimented and then trusting people. They do make a lot of terrible choices and get through a lot of realistically dangerous stuff without being hurt magically, so just that aspect of it seems bad for children to see.

Yeah, but they also magically transform with the power of a super computer....
And there's a "doing the right thing makes you a superstar" segment where Jem tells two girls not to get in a car with a stranger. Plus, I mean, Aja's an adult; one who's gotten out of plenty of sticky situations in the past, so she can defintely take care of herself. And I doubt anyone could, like, kidnap someone on a motorcycle, yknow? Like, it's not like he could have held a gun to her head or anything...plus she could have just jumped off at the next red light.
I get your point, though. I just don't think anything they do on the show is too terribly ill advised, considering the given circumstances. And any of the really bad choices anyone on the show makes are always followed by consequences.
Whatever the case may be, the utterly pointless, stupid things you see in a lot of today's kids shows completely overshadow any seemingly poor decisions made on Jem. XD

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
BleuxBlancxRouge
Miyuki013
BleuxBlancxRouge

Yeah, but they also magically transform with the power of a super computer....
And there's a "doing the right thing makes you a superstar" segment where Jem tells two girls not to get in a car with a stranger. Plus, I mean, Aja's an adult; one who's gotten out of plenty of sticky situations in the past, so she can defintely take care of herself. And I doubt anyone could, like, kidnap someone on a motorcycle, yknow? Like, it's not like he could have held a gun to her head or anything...plus she could have just jumped off at the next red light.
I get your point, though. I just don't think anything they do on the show is too terribly ill advised, considering the given circumstances. And any of the really bad choices anyone on the show makes are always followed by consequences.
Whatever the case may be, the utterly pointless, stupid things you see in a lot of today's kids shows completely overshadow any seemingly poor decisions made on Jem. XD
i guess XD there are still a few parts that really bother me, well if i look at them from an imaginary parenting perspective -- but the stupid parts are the most entertaining in the end
I love jem i use to watch that all the time when i was a kid i actually wanted pink hair because of that show.
i think my favorite song is glitter and gold.
i wish gaia had jem items.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces