Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Requiem in Mortis
And I remember why Invader ZIM is one of those shows who's fan base I hate despite liking the show itself. The way most "fans" of the show act, you'd think GIR was the main character.

Seriously, I like GIR, but nearly every other major character in the show is both funnier and more likeable.

This ^ x1000

5,000 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
Parisu-Kun
Why was there Bacon in the Soap!!!!

I Made it Myself!User Image

5,000 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
Bloorigard2
Yes! I love Gir! Oh crud, Ms. Bitters is coming! O_O

I Hate Ms.Bitters Too I see How You Feel. heart GIR heart AND heart ZIM heart Are just the Best.

Thieving Scrounger

36,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
"Oh, I can’t take it. You’re too smart for me. Keef is planning a surprise party for you after school. He’s gonna bring all the kids, because he loves you. That boy loves you so much… I’m making the cake! "

Yes. I love GIR.

5,000 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
I Love Zim More Cause He Is My Boyfriend heart But Gir is Like My Little Pet or Something
(Gaz Lee In RP Mode)
Gaz Lee Tsunami
I Love Zim More Cause He Is My Boyfriend heart But Gir is Like My Little Pet or Something
(Gaz Lee In RP Mode)
Thanks Gaz. heart heart heart heart Of Course I Love Gir he is Like My Little Bro or My Dog.

Angelic Vampire

12,425 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Survivor 150
Parisu-Kun
Why was there Bacon in the Soap!!!!

I made it myself razz
Gir is pretty overrated in my opinion. I don't see why so many people love him. sweatdrop
Gir and religion - 2 of the stupidest things created by the human race.

But I figured out why I'm one of the only people who can't stand Gir. People aren't watching the show for the dark humor aspect - they want cute, random, funny. And that's exactly what Gir gives them. Others aren't finding humor in the same places as I. For example - the doom song. One of the Gir lover's favorite things. But it seemed like the funny part was that poor ole' Zim had to drift through space hearing doom, doom, doom, for 6 months. (or however long, not quite how long it was) I thought it was funny, at least. A good analogy to Invader Zim is Eminem. Gir is like Not Afraid. (sure you heard of it, that song was pretty overplayed on the radio) Most people praise music if it has a good message, or it's relatable. This song fell right into that category, so a lot of people liked it. But I prefer to listen to listen to a song like Insane. This, most likely you haven't heard of, but it's a fun, catchy, and clever (fictional) song about how Eminem's step-dad would rape him. The majority aren't going to find humor in something like that. They'll want something like Not Afraid. It's like Invader Zim - of course people are going to like the random, cute character (Not Afraid - the song with a positive message), not the other parts of the show; for lack of better words - the 'dark' and 'gross' humor. (Insane - a song people would find sick or wrong)

Episodes like the one with Pustulio and Dark Harvest are perfect examples of what I find funny. Zim stuffing himself with a bunch of kid's organs. XD And the ending of the Pustulio episode (gah, can't think of the name gonk ) where Pustulio explodes and floods the school, and Zim is left to clean it up all the pimple juices with a lil' sponge.

This is what I've observed based on what Gir fans post. It all comes down to preferences.

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Requiem in Mortis
And I remember why Invader ZIM is one of those shows who's fan base I hate despite liking the show itself. The way most "fans" of the show act, you'd think GIR was the main character.

Seriously, I like GIR, but nearly every other major character in the show is both funnier and more likeable.

this. This. THis.THIs. THIS! Times infinity!

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Tiny Tower
Gir and religion - 2 of the stupidest things created by the human race.

But I figured out why I'm one of the only people who can't stand Gir. People aren't watching the show for the dark humor aspect - they want cute, random, funny. And that's exactly what Gir gives them. Others aren't finding humor in the same places as I. For example - the doom song. One of the Gir lover's favorite things. But it seemed like the funny part was that poor ole' Zim had to drift through space hearing doom, doom, doom, for 6 months. (or however long, not quite how long it was) I thought it was funny, at least. A good analogy to Invader Zim is Eminem. Gir is like Not Afraid. (sure you heard of it, that song was pretty overplayed on the radio) Most people praise music if it has a good message, or it's relatable. This song fell right into that category, so a lot of people liked it. But I prefer to listen to listen to a song like Insane. This, most likely you haven't heard of, but it's a fun, catchy, and clever (fictional) song about how Eminem's step-dad would rape him. The majority aren't going to find humor in something like that. They'll want something like Not Afraid. It's like Invader Zim - of course people are going to like the random, cute character (Not Afraid - the song with a positive message), not the other parts of the show; for lack of better words - the 'dark' and 'gross' humor. (Insane - a song people would find sick or wrong)

Episodes like the one with Pustulio and Dark Harvest are perfect examples of what I find funny. Zim stuffing himself with a bunch of kid's organs. XD And the ending of the Pustulio episode (gah, can't think of the name gonk ) where Pustulio explodes and floods the school, and Zim is left to clean it up all the pimple juices with a lil' sponge.

This is what I've observed based on what Gir fans post. It all comes down to preferences.

What part your rant makes it necessary to even mention religion let alone insult it? Even if it is your opinion, which I do respect, why even bother adding it at all in a topic about GIR on a cartoon forum?

Wheezing Informer

9,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Flatterer 200
Requiem in Mortis

A million times this. I liked him when it first came on but was annoyed with him by the time the show was cancelled. And the fandom was the worst.

Intellectual Millionaire

10,550 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
doom doom doom d-doom d-doom DOOOM!! DOOM DOOM DOOM!! DOOM DOOM DOOM!! XD biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff