Welcome to Gaia! ::

LordKingPumpkinHead
MooMooJuice
HTTYD2.
I didn't see Frozen until after I had read all the things people didn't like about it. I tried. I even watched it twice, but I really couldn't go into it with a clear head.
Although, even if I had seen it brand new I don't I'd like it nearly as much as httyd2. At best I'd just like it more than I do now.

LordKingPumpkinHead
two totally different genres.

Actually, no. They're both animation/adventure films. The only difference is Frozen is also labeled as a comedy, whilst httyd2 is part of the action genre.

animation is not a genre.

I agree, but that is what the two movies are listed under. (and now I'm finding more genres that the two movies are both listed under)
MooMooJuice
LordKingPumpkinHead
MooMooJuice
HTTYD2.
I didn't see Frozen until after I had read all the things people didn't like about it. I tried. I even watched it twice, but I really couldn't go into it with a clear head.
Although, even if I had seen it brand new I don't I'd like it nearly as much as httyd2. At best I'd just like it more than I do now.

LordKingPumpkinHead

Actually, no. They're both animation/adventure films. The only difference is Frozen is also labeled as a comedy, whilst httyd2 is part of the action genre.

I agree, but that is what the two movies are listed under. (and now I'm finding more genres that the two movies are both listed under)

it is a fantasy adventure. i would easily argue that dragon 2, is grounded in facts. even if the dragons are not real. it isn't really an action film. it contains action. but it isn't about action. it's about sibling love.

how to train your dragon 2, is far more grounded in reality. when you actually break down these two movies, there really isn't a lot in common.

it's like when people compare star wars and star trek. when in reality, the only thing they have in common is that they're both in space. and that's it. one tries to make everything as realistic as possible, even if they are making up science, while the other one ignores science all together. one is about a group of explorers, while the other is about a bunch of wizards of battle over the control over the lesser beings.

Frozen and How to Train Your Dragon 2, have about as much in common as both being animated. and that's it.

they are both good movies. but this thread seems to be less about debating which one is better, and more about, bashing Frozen, just because it is more popular.
LordKingPumpkinHead
MooMooJuice
LordKingPumpkinHead
MooMooJuice
HTTYD2.

LordKingPumpkinHead

it is a fantasy adventure. i would easily argue that dragon 2, is grounded in facts. even if the dragons are not real. it isn't really an action film. it contains action. but it isn't about action. it's about sibling love.

how to train your dragon 2, is far more grounded in reality. when you actually break down these two movies, there really isn't a lot in common.

it's like when people compare star wars and star trek. when in reality, the only thing they have in common is that they're both in space. and that's it. one tries to make everything as realistic as possible, even if they are making up science, while the other one ignores science all together. one is about a group of explorers, while the other is about a bunch of wizards of battle over the control over the lesser beings.

Frozen and How to Train Your Dragon 2, have about as much in common as both being animated. and that's it.

they are both good movies. but this thread seems to be less about debating which one is better, and more about, bashing Frozen, just because it is more popular.

I'm not following what you are trying to say in the first two paragraphs. I feel like you switched Frozen and HTTYD2 somewhere along the way.

But I digress, I'm not arguing whether the two movies are the same. You said the genres were completely different. I corrected you. That was it.

Sure, there's no debate. But I'm not seeing much bashing, either. Maybe one or two people actually said Frozen sucked. OP wasn't even one of them.

Lunatic

How about neither? lol
If you ask me, I would say neither. I am more of a rom-com type of person who has no inclination (now or in future) to spend my time watching kids' movies of any sort. However, my kids hold different opinions altogether. Ask my son, and he'll vehemently swear by HTTYD2, sort of addicted as he is to all things dragon-related, dragon games, dragon quizzes and what not. On the other hand, give my daughter the choice and she'll start humming the 'Let it Go' song from Frozen...!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff