Welcome to Gaia! ::

How many TMNT fans are out there?

ME! 0.55357142857143 55.4% [ 124 ]
Meh 0.22321428571429 22.3% [ 50 ]
naaaaah 0.22321428571429 22.3% [ 50 ]
Total Votes:[ 224 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

I was basically raised on the 90's films. Then was given the 80/90's series VHS tapes and watched the 2003 cartoon (which is my favorite of the cartoon series). I now read the IDW comics and watch the 2012 series. I also saw the new film, and for those who haven't, you are not missing anything.

My favorite character overall is Casey Jones. Like I said before, I was raised on the movies and Elias Koteas nailed the part and I have liked the character ever since. As for the turtles, it always changes. When I was a kid, it was Michaelangelo. Then, it became Donnie. Now, it's Raph.
Huge TMNT fan here! Favorite character? Splinter. Favorite turtle? Donnie.

I enjoy all the cartoons, for different reasons. The first Live action movie, however dated, is my favorite of the films. The Bay one is my second fave xp Turtles forever is awesome too!

the comics are really the best though if you ask me. IDW takes it to the next level.

Turtle fan since birth and till death!

Divine Demigod

........ TMNT the show is funny plus i love when they use there ninja skills

Kawaii Nymph

21,875 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Super Jumper 500
Im a big fan of TMNT, being born at the end of the 80s I remember it being on tv saturday mornings in early early 90s. (around 92-3ish)

I still own an original 90s VHS of the first movie and have seen the original three, the 2007 and 2014 ones. I'd also had the first VHS with the first 2 or 3 eps on it.

Didnt care much for the 2003 cartoon but I love the 2012+ one. I prefer the 2012 as it's a pretty similar flavor to the 90s with the villains and what not.

My fav turtle is Donatello, followed closely b y Mikey. Mostly as I have a lot in common with the two.

Robotic Exhibitionist

I was always kind of a casual fan until the 2012 series. Now I'm in love. I also started reading the IDW comics, but I need to catch up a lot.

Feral Wolf

12,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I got introduced to the TMNT series through the live action ones when I was really young. After that I didn't really follow it until the 2003 series, when my interest in the series resurfaced. I now have read the actual comics, and have started the IDW series where it now has its own take on the series. I am also getting into the 2012 series. I've seen the 2007 3D movie, and Turtles Forever as well, I haven't seen the 2014 movie yet.
My favorites are Raphael and Donnie, even though I like all of them. The two of them are just the two that pop up the most, I think part of it has to do with the 2003 series when they interacted together quite a bit. I like Raphael, because despite all his toughness, he looks out for his brothers and friends, and won't let anyone hurt them. I like Donnie, because he can be extremely sarcastic at times, which is pretty funny.

Blessed GO

I love the series but it makes me sad that usagi yojimbo will probably never make it into the movies. scream

Dangerous Player

I have been watching TMNT 2012. I am not a Huge TMNT fan as i have grown up and while I still love them, its not a "I HAVE TO WATCH THEM" kind of thing (I blame 4kids Saturday morning cartoons. TMNT Fast forward and all that s**t. Along with Micheal Bay ruining them even more)

Still teh 2012 is fun. April is cute as all hell (Don't judge me) And Mikey has always been my favorite. love his weapon upgrade. nun-chucks + The long a** chain.

So my favorite is mikey.

High-functioning Consumer

8,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
Mikey a.k.a. michealangelo, because who doesn't love the reckless turtle that's barely serious and eats to much pizza?
(Been watching TMNT since I was like 6)

The people who like raphiel, you da real mvp

IM PRETTY SURE I ACCIDENTALLY SPELT THESE NAMES WRONG, SORRY! XD

Magic Kitten

7,425 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I have watched everything TMNT other than the live action tv show.

Dedicated Squatter

ive only seen some of the 2012 series
it was cute
i really like raphael
I recently started rewatching a lot of the old '80s cartoon episodes with my older brother. I would watch episodes of it off and on as a child, but I was never hardcore into it like he was. Fast forward like fifteen years and omg I can't believe I didn't give it more of a chance. Everything is ridiculous, thus everything is hilarious. I regret not watching it sooner. Where else do you get gems like serious villains in raincoats?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I also love that April doesn't have an unrealistic body type. Especially compared to what's in today's media, it's kind of a breath of fresh air.

The original movies were also gold. They really nailed the turtles' personalities, and translated a bunch of other things about the old series into a real life version, which was super cool. :]

Over the course of a few snow days, my brother, his wife/my best friend and I watched all the TMNT movies (the three old ones and the new...whatever year it was, the one with Megan Fox) and uh. I don't want to talk about that one. It didn't make a lot of sense to me, and I think the producers fell into the pitfall every superhero movie director has fallen into recently in thinking everything! must! be! gritty! and! dark! Just..no. o__o

My bestie has also been watching the newer series, the 2013 one, so I've sat in on a few episodes of that but I just can't get into it. :[ The art style doesn't resonate with me, and while I love a lot of the voices (did they get a lot of the same voice actors from the old cartoon? If not, they sound the same o: ) I hate Mikey's. o__o I know the VA as Beast Boy from Teen Titans, so that is all I see/hear. They changed his personality somewhat, too, I noticed so that he's less a chill surfer dude and more just the...well, idiot of the group. I'm probably biased because...

Michelangelo is my favorite turtle. :/ I seem to be in the minority group there, and I'm not really sure how that happened, but there you have it. The chill surfer dude is my bb. Somehow. I guess because he is still a child at heart, and so am I. He may not be the smartest of the group, but his heart shines through and you can tell it's made of gold (see that old episode where he gets a pet). He's also super thoughtful and caring (see that third movie where they went back to Japan and he wore clothes so the guy who was transported back in his place wouldn't be naked). I admire his ability to socialize because I'm not very good at that and, I dunno, man, I like how he was the comic relief in the old series rather than the big joke he's grown to be in the newer versions.

tl;dr: I'm a newly renewed fan with the hipster outlook of "old cartoon is best cartoon" and Michelangelo is my bb.

Majikina's Wife

Green Darling

-hand raise- I've been a fan since the classic cartoon. Then I got into reading the comics for the most part and my love for the lore blossomed from there. Heck, I do fanart at times which is always fun.
i haven't watched the mmichael bay tmnt movie yet. is it good?

Majikina's Wife

Green Darling

hokage04
i haven't watched the mmichael bay tmnt movie yet. is it good?
It's not for everyone, but I personally enjoyed it. Mainly because each of the turtles are very distinct not only in design, but personality as well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff