Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Vampire

Jaaku-san
Allegorical Sculpture
Requiem in Mortis
Chernabog is not amused by the antics of this clown who claims to be the ruler of the underworld.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Can somebody explain why they decided to name him "Dark God" and not simply "The Devil" as was originally intended and stated in the narration?

The same reason they always have: legions of angry parents.

Re: Hades. I love the guy. I really do. But I don't think he's the best Disney villain. He's in the top five, but he's not the best. I'd say Frollo is the best, for sheer complexity of character and for being absolutely terrifying in hindsight.

Exactly what this person said. Hades wasn't scary, but he was entertaining, and funny at some parts. I think he would be my number 1 choice for most entertaining villain, but no, he's not terrifying. Frollo's character was complex, and he scared me in the sense of Christian extremist, which no one likes being around those types of people. He didn't have otherworldy powers, but he had the scariest kind of power, political and religious influence over the mass population, which from history, we know can be a destructive thing.

Kawaii Shoujo

Hades is a pretty good villain but a couple of other good ones that I think are Jafar, Frollo, and Shan Yu.
Uhm, SCAR?!
Hades was awesome! Though I have to say the mother from Rapunzal was a close second. I mean that woman had her victim believe she was a loving mother, benefitting from her gift wihout any fight against for almost 18 years.

Shadowy Carnivore

Requiem in Mortis
Chernabog is not amused by the antics of this clown who claims to be the ruler of the underworld.

I do think that Hades is an awesome villain. He's not only evil, but he's hilarious!
I don't think he is absolute best villain, I mean come on the lion in which Scar is the villian and lion king 2 in which zira is avenging him. He is cool and everything but not the best, def a fav though

Eloquent Streaker

fairy-phoenix
Hades is a pretty good villain but a couple of other good ones that I think are Jafar, Frollo, and Shan Yu.
I dunno about Shan Yu. Once you get past his pretty damn cool appearance, he's rather dull.

Eloquent Streaker

I reject your animated Disney villains, and substitute my.........green-screen effect Disney villain.

Boy, I didn't think this one all the way through........

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Requiem in Mortis

Tipsy Noob

Allegorical Sculpture
Requiem in Mortis

Can somebody explain why they decided to name him "Dark God" and not simply "The Devil" as was originally intended and stated in the narration?

Chernbog was never really the ruler of the underworld. Its actually from a a serbian/russian myth. His opposite Belbog, the white god. Chernbog was the dark or black god. They are beings of duality. Just for the sake of fantasia, he was turned into a demonic sort of thing. Never really the devil, satan or evil.

But I agree, no matter how inaccurate the hercules movie is, I still love it and I loved the show. Really disappointed with the norse episode that they had. Never had Hela show up. >:

I think we need to actually decide best villain in what terms. As in most vile and despicable.. Frollo and mother gothel hands down.

Most likable? Hades.

Most swag? Dr Falicier.

Tipsy Codger

Top Five Most Evil [imo]
1. Frollo
2. Maleficent
3. Queen of Hearts
4. Evil Queen
5. Hades

Chernabog is kind of cheating when it comes to Disney villains, not just simply because he's the ******** devil, but also Fantasia wasn't meant as a primarily story-telling piece, but more a medium of putting animation to music, so I can't [in my eyes] count him as a Disney villain per se.

Tipsy Noob

Reye-chan
Top Five Most Evil [imo]
1. Frollo
2. Maleficent
3. Queen of Hearts
4. Evil Queen
5. Hades

Chernabog is kind of cheating when it comes to Disney villains, not just simply because he's the ******** devil, but also Fantasia wasn't meant as a primarily story-telling piece, but more a medium of putting animation to music, so I can't [in my eyes] count him as a Disney villain per se.

Yeah that's the way I feel about it..

But are we talking about most evil, most entertaining? really OP didn't specify so its pretty much opinions general here..

Like Queen of hearts was forgettable to me and same with maleficent but mostly because I was never interested in princess movies.. frollo I think is what really creeps a lot of people out, mainly adults.. As a child he just confused me because that stuff flew over my head. I was all like, "Why doesn't he just talk about his feelings?" I was.. So.. very.. sheltered.

Genius

I can't say he is the best disney villain, but he's the funniest one for sure. Never fails to make me laugh. <3

Shadowy Inquisitor

8,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
Chernabog, Hades, and Maleficent, were my favorites.
I'd say Hades was the most comical above the three.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff