Welcome to Gaia! ::

I found myself watching Disney's Hercules and forgot how much I loved this guy! I mean, really? How great is Hades? He's just about the perfect Disney villain, hands down. He's a god, so hey- he's immortal. And I just dig his hot-headed (pun intended) personality and how he's such a smooth-talker.
feel free to discuss, but Hades makes all your other villains wimpypants

Eloquent Streaker

Chernabog is not amused by the antics of this clown who claims to be the ruler of the underworld.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dapper Dabbler

Requiem in Mortis
Chernabog is not amused by the antics of this clown who claims to be the ruler of the underworld.

heart
Mmmm Hades is a funny character. Yet, I still find it odd that Disney decided to make him the bad guy out of all the myth characters... He isn't a bad man (well, not any worse than any other gods, at least) in the original stories. Oh well, maybe that's because he is the god of DEATH. How surprising...
Requiem in Mortis

Can somebody explain why they decided to name him "Dark God" and not simply "The Devil" as was originally intended and stated in the narration?

Angelic Warrior

Allegorical Sculpture
Requiem in Mortis

Can somebody explain why they decided to name him "Dark God" and not simply "The Devil" as was originally intended and stated in the narration?

The same reason they always have: legions of angry parents.

Re: Hades. I love the guy. I really do. But I don't think he's the best Disney villain. He's in the top five, but he's not the best. I'd say Frollo is the best, for sheer complexity of character and for being absolutely terrifying in hindsight.
Jaaku-san
Allegorical Sculpture
Requiem in Mortis

The same reason they always have: legions of angry parents.

Re: Hades. I love the guy. I really do. But I don't think he's the best Disney villain. He's in the top five, but he's not the best. I'd say Frollo is the best, for sheer complexity of character and for being absolutely terrifying in hindsight.

I can understand that, but on my Fantasia special-edition DVD from 2000 he is not called Chernabog. He is out-right called Satan and the Devil. Maybe the name change came after that, then...?

Also, Frollo is indeed a good villain and has one of the best song numbers.

Eloquent Streaker

Allegorical Sculpture
Requiem in Mortis

Chernabog is basically Slavic (i.e. Russian) mythology's version of the Devil. "Night On Bald Mountain" was composed by a Russian.
Ratigan was fairly evil.
Judge Claude Frollo. He has no annoying sidekick just a bad a** horse that looks like it came out of hell. He is a racist, genocidal maniac who honestly believes he's a good guy even at his worst he justifies what he is doing in the name of god. even his villain song is far darker and far more non Disney. He has non of the silly quarks or traits of a Disney villain (Unless lust counts) he is pure serous evil on a level that only maybe Maleficent came close to reaching. Only he does it while being completely mortal and human.
Creativerealms
Judge Claude Frollo. He has no annoying sidekick just a bad a** horse that looks like it came out of hell. He is a racist, genocidal maniac who honestly believes he's a good guy even at his worst he justifies what he is doing in the name of god. even his villain song is far darker and far more non Disney. He has non of the silly quarks or traits of a Disney villain (Unless lust counts) he is pure serous evil on a level that only maybe Maleficent came close to reaching. Only he does it while being completely mortal and human.

Yea and in the real world he would probably be the most evil since he wants to rape Esmerelda,and he's like a sociopath.

Eloquent Streaker

Creativerealms
Eh, I still think Chernabog is probably the most evil, on account of he's the friggin Devil. But Frollo definitely is the best Disney villain.
Requiem in Mortis
Creativerealms
Eh, I still think Chernabog is probably the most evil, on account of he's the friggin Devil. But Frollo definitely is the best Disney villain.

Ok yes Chernabog is defiantly up there,

Valiant Jackling

Madam Mim and the Queen of Hearts freaked me out as a kid. Frollo never really hit that same cord, for whatever reason, and Night on Bald Mountain was always my favorite part of Fantasia <.<

Madam Mim doesn't bother me any more but I still have a disliking for Alice in Wonderland <.< Still don't like the Queen, but I mostly hate it because of that damn cat >.< Oh how I hate that Cheshire cat! Of all Disney movies and Disney characters the Cheshire cat scared me the most growing up, enough that I still won't watch the film. And I'm in my 20's! Lol. It scared me that much... not that I cringe when I see the damn thing. I just have no desire to go out of my way and watch the films (new and old)

6,050 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I always thought Maleficent was the best of em. She can like, turn into a frikkin dragon...
And she IS really evil.... Not that her plan worked out as she wanted to... crying
edit: cant get this image thing working, so dont bother bothering the policeman

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces