A lot of people like Maleficent but when I re-watched the movie a few months ago I found her rather boring. All she did was complain about being left out of a party, tempt a girl to p***k her finger and fall asleep and then, the only cool part of the movie in my opinion, turned into a dragon. But she ended up being slain pretty easily so the "coolness" was really just the fact that she turned into a creature most fantasy buff's enjoy.
I like Maleficent for her designs, but character wise I found her rather dull. I find the Evil Queen to be of greater interest for me, as far as villain qualities are concerned.
I will admit that Hades was probably the best thing to come out of Hercules, but overall that movie was terrible. Here are 5 villains I feel are better, err. worse/more evil than Hades in no particular order.
1. Pete- Popeye has his Bluto, Mickey has Pete. Pete has been around since the beginning to bring trouble to Mickey, Donald and Goofy. His longevity alone lands him among the best.
2. Maleficent- She puts a curse on a baby Princess that will lead to her death all because she wasn't invited to a party. I don't care who you are that's just EVIL!
3. Frollo- Song Hellsfire, nuff said. Moving on.
4. Horned King- From the relatively unknown and mostly forgotten about Black Cauldron. So Evil he almost landed Disney their first PG 13 for an animated Cartoon with having his henchmen melt away on camera.
5. Evil Queen- Ordering a Huntsman to kill her step daughter, carve out her heart and return it to her, plotting to have the Dwarves bury her alive, all because one day Snow White became fairer than she. Hard core.
Judge Claude Frollo. He has no annoying sidekick just a bad a** horse that looks like it came out of hell. He is a racist, genocidal maniac who honestly believes he's a good guy even at his worst he justifies what he is doing in the name of god. even his villain song is far darker and far more non Disney. He has non of the silly quarks or traits of a Disney villain (Unless lust counts) he is pure serous evil on a level that only maybe Maleficent came close to reaching. Only he does it while being completely mortal and human.
Yea and in the real world he would probably be the most evil since he wants to rape Esmerelda,and he's like a sociopath.
Hades and Gaston are probably my favorites. Mostly because they're both absolutely freakin' hilarious.
Though I personally think that Gaston is slightly better than Hades at being a villain because he actually succeeded in making me really dislike him by the end of the movie. With Hades, I was rooting for him the whole time. XD
I also have a soft spot for Medusa from the Rescuers, but that's only because I think she's sorta cute.