Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Browser

In this thread you can post your favorite/least favorite cartoon titles! You can even tell us a little bit about why it's your favorite as well. Don't forget to name your favorite series as well as your favorite movie. You can also write about what used to be your favorite as you were growing up, etc. as well. You can also write about cartoons that you think are worth mentioning but isn't technically a favorite- like what you think is the funniest/sadest/pointless cartoon series, etc.

Any repeat topics along these lines will be moved to the Recycle Bin.
I am teh Queen of teh first post!
And I say Batman: The Animated Series.
Celaeno
A fine choice indeed.

Myself, I'm rather fond of Heavy Metal, and the old Transformers series.
I'm actually a fan of Teen Titans at the moment...
Grendelrose
Celaeno
A fine choice indeed.

I've never seen the original. I've seen the FAKK 2 bit, and I thought it was some of the worst stuff I've ever laid eyes on. If I had to go with something a little more out of the way, I think I'd pick Aeon Flux. I rather liked the first few sets of episodes, where she just kept dying. It had a very raw style. Oooo, or "Le Moin et le Poisson." Technically it's a just a ten minute short, but it's hilarious.
Celaeno
Grendelrose
Celaeno
A fine choice indeed.

I've never seen the original. I've seen the FAKK 2 bit, and I thought it was some of the worst stuff I've ever laid eyes on. If I had to go with something a little more out of the way, I think I'd pick Aeon Flux. I rather liked the first few sets of episodes, where she just kept dying. It had a very raw style. Oooo, or "Le Moin et le Poisson." Technically it's a just a ten minute short, but it's hilarious.
Dude. Some of the best cartoons are shorts. The first Beavis and Butthead cartoons, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Matt and Trey's Spirit of Christmas . . .
Grendelrose
Celaeno
Grendelrose
Celaeno
A fine choice indeed.

Dude. Some of the best cartoons are shorts. The first Beavis and Butthead cartoons, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Matt and Trey's Spirit of Christmas . . .
True enough. And with that in mind, I add Tim Burtin's "Vincent" to the list.
Celaeno
Grendelrose
Celaeno
Grendelrose
Celaeno
A fine choice indeed.

True enough. And with that in mind, I add Tim Burtin's "Vincent" to the list.
I haven't seen Vincent. I also need to see James and the Giant Peach.

I've heard a rumour that he's doing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Grendelrose

Vincent is on the Nightmare Before Christmas DVD that they've recently released. And while he technically only produced James (it's the product of his protege, Henry Selick, who's writing the screenplay for the upcoming Coraline movie yay Gaiman! ) it's a really fantastic movie. It's got the same visual style (only a tad more cheerful and a lot less black) that Nightmare had. You should go and see it.

And not only is the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory rumour true (Tim's going to make it much closer to the book, much darker and no singing), but Johnny Depp is playing the part of Willy Wonka.
Celaeno
Grendelrose

Vincent is on the Nightmare Before Christmas DVD that they've recently released. And while he technically only produced James (it's the product of his protege, Henry Selick, who's writing the screenplay for the upcoming Coraline movie yay Gaiman! ) it's a really fantastic movie. It's got the same visual style (only a tad more cheerful and a lot less black) that Nightmare had. You should go and see it.

And not only is the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory rumour true (Tim's going to make it much closer to the book, much darker and no singing), but Johnny Depp is playing the part of Willy Wonka.

I think Depp is a good choice..though, Wilder did a SUPERB job..

oh, and B:Tas is definitely on my top 5..
Trick Question
Celaeno
Grendelrose

I think Depp is a good choice..though, Wilder did a SUPERB job..

oh, and B:Tas is definitely on my top 5..
Wilder will always be Willy Wonka in my mind. sweatdrop which is kinda unfortunate for him... since that roll was SO well done, it's hard to see him playing anyone else.

As for Johnny Depp playing Willy Wonka... I think he's just strange enough to pull it off. Not that I like JD himself... but I can't really think of a movie where he had the lead roll that I didn't like. Tim Burton seems to have a crush on him though... lol, I think JD has a leading roll in almost all of Tim Burton's films. whee not that that's a bad thing.
biggrin Teen Titans is pretty good!! biggrin
yaten
Wilder will always be Willy Wonka in my mind. sweatdrop which is kinda unfortunate for him... since that roll was SO well done, it's hard to see him playing anyone else.

As for Johnny Depp playing Willy Wonka... I think he's just strange enough to pull it off. Not that I like JD himself... but I can't really think of a movie where he had the lead roll that I didn't like. Tim Burton seems to have a crush on him though... lol, I think JD has a leading roll in almost all of Tim Burton's films. whee not that that's a bad thing.
Wilder did a good job, but for the adaptation that Tim is planning, I think Depp is a perfect choice.
And he's only starred in a few of Tim's movies. Edward Scissorhands and Sleep Hollow. If he starred in all of them, we would have seen Johnny Depp as Bawtman.
The person Tim has the crush is Danny Elfman.

4,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
favorite ish naruto...one i dislike ish ed, edd, and eddy
my favorite cartoon ever has probably been the simpsons, it just keeps going, but in my early years i enjoyed techno man, ninja robots, centurions and the awesome SWAT KATZ

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff