Zutara 0.3 30.0% [ 15 ]
Tokka 0.04 4.0% [ 2 ]
Taang 0.02 2.0% [ 1 ]
Maiko 0.1 10.0% [ 5 ]
Longerbee 0.04 4.0% [ 2 ]
Sukka 0.04 4.0% [ 2 ]
Something pretty unusual. :3 (please, share! :D) 0.1 10.0% [ 5 ]
Ah... other... 0.12 12.0% [ 6 ]
What kind of idiotic question is THIS about PAIRINGS? Who effin CARES? 0.18 18.0% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 50 ]
< 1 2 3 4

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Avalon May
AketA
Avalon May
I'm not that big into shipping. I like Kataang more than Zutara, but I'm not going to argue with someone about it. I'm torn between who I like Zuko with. I didn't totally hate Maiko, but the only problem is that they both act pretty angsty, and I think Zuko needs someone to perk him up. But I also don't want Mai to just be pushed into the background.. Of course there's Jinko; though it was only seen in part of one episode, I thought they were adorable together. Jin has a this non-overpowering cheerfulness that Zuko needs. Toko I like too; Toph is the kind of person who can snap Zuko out of a funk. Besides, she trusts him, despite knowing some of his past.

There is one last Zuko pairing I don't think anyone mentioned; Zucest! Now, I don't usually support incest (I have a brother, it's weird) but there was this weird sexual tension that I sense from them sometimes. Plus, it's not totally crazy. Even Michael and Bryan are aware of it; at Comic Con, they had a shipping presentation, and one of them was Bluezula: The Blue Spirit and Azula.

And we can't forget: Loroli- Lo, Iroh, and Li. Hooray for old people threesomes!

Ohh. :3 I've heard Zucest mentioned before and I find it rather interesting myself. The thing with Bluezula though... I'm not sure whether to accept the Blue Spirit as Zuko or as someone else entirely because of School Time Shipping where the Blue Spirit was completely separate from Zuko through the whole thing. *shrugs*

But yeah, I saw that shipping presentation. XD Amusing as hell...

The best part during the Bluezula thing, besides a wave of Ooohhhhs! going through the audience, was probably when someone in the back yelled "What's wrong with you?!" XD

That is true, Blue Spirit could be someone else, but usually everyone's dirty minds go to Zuko. But that fact that Azula sort of seduced Zuko to.. well the dark side (yay, Star War reference) is a little creepy. My mind immediately goes to that scene in "The Awakening", the way Azula woke up, it was like she expected Zuko to come in. And she was a little too eager that he was there, unless I'm reading a little too much into this, and she was just taunting him.

I'm just saying that there was definitely something going on between them. To be honest, I just like pairing Zuko with almost everyone (oddly not Katara). Aanko anyone?

Blue Spirit aside ("What's wrong with you!?" was funny), its really not the only Zucest argument. XD And hell, Azula is ******** HOT. One of my asexual friends who is utterly disgusted/squicked by the thought of having sex admits if she were to go for a girl, it'd be Azula. I agreed with her. I dunno... 'Zula seems to be unconsciously trying to seduce people over to her side without being a whore about it. It must be that voice of hers though. >.> But yeah... it did kind of feel like there was some tension between her and Zuko... it happens quite a bit...

And I call it Zaang. XD I actually prefer it over Zutara. >.>

That actually came up with my El Dorado/Avatar crossover thing cause I made Zuko Tulio and Aang Miguel. Tulio and Miguel were well... they were obviously involved, despite Tulio and Chel's relationship that happened like... two days after they met? I made katara Chel and I actually would much rather pair up Aang and Zuko than Zuko and Katara and then it hit me that they were actually a rather interesting pair. >.>

Hilarious Friend

8,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hygienic 200
AketA
Rin Tori
The fact that none of my favorite pairings have shown up proves to me that I like really, really, really random pairings. In fact, manymost would probably call them crack.

First off, I like Toph with Zuko. Before anyone jumps on my back saying that's *****, let me explain. To begin with, their relationship would start off as friendship and then in the course of several years, turn into something romantic. So they wouldn't actually start going out until Toph's 16 or 17. Besides, a four year age difference isn't too bad once you get older. Although they've had limited interactions at this point (other than Zuko burning Toph), the little that there is generally strikes me as easy banter. Also, she doesn't have the same past with him that the rest of the Gaang has, making her more likely to trust him (shown in 3 12), ect.

And second, I like Sokka and Zuko. I know that this will never happen, especially with the way the show's going, but hey, a girl can dream (and scrap recent episodes xd ). This relationship probably wouldn't happen, for lack of a better word, naturally, but come about via a series of trying experiences that force them to trust each other, eventually to the point where them being together is entirely plausible. The fanfiction Under Wicked Sky on fanfiction.net is an amazing example of this and is exactly what turned me onto this pairing. It wouldn't be based on physical attraction, rather as stated earlier, complete and utter trust of the other.

And, if forced to pick a canon pairing, I would say Maiko. (I seem to like pairing Zuko up with people; well, he is my favorite character....) I think she'll accept him when he returns to Fire Nation. Eventually. He's going to have to jump through hoops, but he'll do it, since he cares about her so much.

So there is my speech (read: rant) about Avatar pairings. I spend waaaaaaay too much time thinking about this. According to my friends anyway. User Image

P.S. Does anybody know when the next episode is airing?

EDIT: I just noticed that you put down Jetko. I was wondering what about that pairing attracted you. I mean, it's probably bound to have a great deal of hate sex tension, but what beyond that? Also, could I see some of your fanfics and fan art? I've written one fanfic for Avatar, but it's not posted 'cause I need it back from my English teacher. I love writing fanfics for creative writing assignments. User Image

Aside from your text hurting my eyes, I can say i think everything you wrote was just aweosme...

And in terms of Toko being *****? Sokka and Zuko ARE the same age... so i suppose I'm in the same ***** boat. XD

And don't concern yourself with "it never happening." I really hate when people think :it'll never happen!" is a plausible argument against a pairing. XD A preference for pairings is not driven by canon, right? For me, its drive to make things logical... so i put a LOT of thought into pairings... I actually take the time to analyze pairings down to every last detail... one of my best i think was for Raven and Beast Boy in the Teen titans cartoons... but I digress. XD

Even as a rabid sl;ash fan girl, I have surprisingly stayed away from Zukka. : Dunno why it doesn't appeal to me, the general awkwardness between them at the end of Western Air Temple just had me cracking up. XD And I was like "DUDE! I TOTALLY SEE IT NOW!" I understand it better anyways...

Ahh... Jetko... how do I explain that one... I think its the tension that would come with that relationship that makes it interesting to me... I'd need to rewatch some episodes, but yeah... I dunno...

Ah... on dA and ff.net, I go by AketA. X3 BTW, are you on dA or ff.net?

Right now... I'm doing an Avatar/Road to El Dorado crossover. ^^; It came from a crack music video, really. XD

And I hope episode 3:14 comes soon. D:

Actually Sokka's 15 and Zuko's 16.
But yeah it's still about the same.
I'd like to see Toko when they're older.

redface I've always supported Zukka. Even before I knew it actually existed and had supporters. xD

Recently I've been more into Jetko though.
That's just for crack ships though. lol

My 'serious' ship is Zutara.

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
BTW: Anyone who was curious about my Avatar/Road to El Dorado thing, I made a music video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py7Vn5mMovk&eurl=http://lj-toys.com/?journalid=9276442&moduleid=4&auth_token=sessionless:1203120000:embedcontent:9276442&

JUST A WARNING THOUGH: I use a lot of clips from The Firebending Masters... mostly because it was the episode that brought on the whole crossover thing. >.>

EDIT: PS, another warning... I suck at making videos. XD
AketA
BTW: Anyone who was curious about my Avatar/Road to El Dorado thing, I made a music video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py7Vn5mMovk&eurl=http://lj-toys.com/?journalid=9276442&moduleid=4&auth_token=sessionless:1203120000:embedcontent:9276442&

JUST A WARNING THOUGH: I use a lot of clips from The Firebending Masters... mostly because it was the episode that brought on the whole crossover thing. >.>

KHGLJHFIGOFNHKAAAAAAH OH MY GOD. This is hilarious. <3

I think the world needs more Road to El Dorado/Avatar crossovers now. I don't really know what else could be done with that idea... but it's still a great one! XD

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Soylent Cola
AketA

KHGLJHFIGOFNHKAAAAAAH OH MY GOD. This is hilarious. <3

I think the world needs more Road to El Dorado/Avatar crossovers now. I don't really know what else could be done with that idea... but it's still a great one! XD

Actually, I was thinking of doing a comic version of the opening scene... where Tulio and Miguel are gambling? Up until the barrel part. I've actually been working on designs for the story taking place in the Avatar universe... but I want to give it a sort of Spanish/El Dorado feel in terms of the outfits while they'd still look somewhat plausible in the Avatar universe... I dunno... I mostly wanted to redesign characters. XD I'll post who I cast as what in a more general post after this... :3

EDIT: PS, and thank you for the compliment on my video. ^^

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
For anyone curious, I actually have a cast list of characters from Avatar as Road to El Dorado characters. This is what made me realize that Road to El Dorado has such a small cast of characters... anyways... it goes like this:

Aang: Miguel
Zuko: Tulio
Katara: Chel
Appa: Altivo
Iroh: Cheif Tanibok
Zhao: Tzekel Kahn
Azula: Cortez
Momo: Bibo the armadillo

And that's it. XD I actually have some other characters cleverly placed as background characters. For example: Right after the opening scene (El Dorado song and Cortez's speech), we meet Tulio and Miguel who are gambling. The guys they're gambling with I have made Sokka and Toph. XD Miguel is playing some stringed instrument whose name escapes me... but he and Tulio are off-handedly flirting with some ladies. The ladies that giggle in response to Miguel I have made On-Jii and Meng while the one that pretty much brushes off Tulio I have made Mai. X3 And then the soldiers? I suppose its ironic that I made Jet one of them... the one Tulio grabs the dagger and whatever the name of those swords are (the name escapes me yet again).

But yeah... I like to think I have this done well... in a rather clever way... for once. XD

If anyone has any better casting decisions though? Or would like to see other characters included elsewhere... let me know. :3 I'm thinking of doing a comic version of the first few scenes...

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
BTW, Soylent, I like your sig. :3

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Good afternoon everyone. :3 I've been sketching n stuff for the last week and I'm still not close to done. X3 The only think bopping around the inside of my head is Avatar/El Dorado. X3
AketA

That was really funny...even though I've never seen Road to El Dorado. sweatdrop From what I could figure out about the plot from the song, it works very well together.
AketA
Avalon May
AketA
Avalon May
I'm not that big into shipping. I like Kataang more than Zutara, but I'm not going to argue with someone about it. I'm torn between who I like Zuko with. I didn't totally hate Maiko, but the only problem is that they both act pretty angsty, and I think Zuko needs someone to perk him up. But I also don't want Mai to just be pushed into the background.. Of course there's Jinko; though it was only seen in part of one episode, I thought they were adorable together. Jin has a this non-overpowering cheerfulness that Zuko needs. Toko I like too; Toph is the kind of person who can snap Zuko out of a funk. Besides, she trusts him, despite knowing some of his past.

There is one last Zuko pairing I don't think anyone mentioned; Zucest! Now, I don't usually support incest (I have a brother, it's weird) but there was this weird sexual tension that I sense from them sometimes. Plus, it's not totally crazy. Even Michael and Bryan are aware of it; at Comic Con, they had a shipping presentation, and one of them was Bluezula: The Blue Spirit and Azula.

And we can't forget: Loroli- Lo, Iroh, and Li. Hooray for old people threesomes!

Ohh. :3 I've heard Zucest mentioned before and I find it rather interesting myself. The thing with Bluezula though... I'm not sure whether to accept the Blue Spirit as Zuko or as someone else entirely because of School Time Shipping where the Blue Spirit was completely separate from Zuko through the whole thing. *shrugs*

But yeah, I saw that shipping presentation. XD Amusing as hell...

The best part during the Bluezula thing, besides a wave of Ooohhhhs! going through the audience, was probably when someone in the back yelled "What's wrong with you?!" XD

That is true, Blue Spirit could be someone else, but usually everyone's dirty minds go to Zuko. But that fact that Azula sort of seduced Zuko to.. well the dark side (yay, Star War reference) is a little creepy. My mind immediately goes to that scene in "The Awakening", the way Azula woke up, it was like she expected Zuko to come in. And she was a little too eager that he was there, unless I'm reading a little too much into this, and she was just taunting him.

I'm just saying that there was definitely something going on between them. To be honest, I just like pairing Zuko with almost everyone (oddly not Katara). Aanko anyone?

Blue Spirit aside ("What's wrong with you!?" was funny), its really not the only Zucest argument. XD And hell, Azula is ******** HOT. One of my asexual friends who is utterly disgusted/squicked by the thought of having sex admits if she were to go for a girl, it'd be Azula. I agreed with her. I dunno... 'Zula seems to be unconsciously trying to seduce people over to her side without being a whore about it. It must be that voice of hers though. >.> But yeah... it did kind of feel like there was some tension between her and Zuko... it happens quite a bit...

And I call it Zaang. XD I actually prefer it over Zutara. >.>

That actually came up with my El Dorado/Avatar crossover thing cause I made Zuko Tulio and Aang Miguel. Tulio and Miguel were well... they were obviously involved, despite Tulio and Chel's relationship that happened like... two days after they met? I made katara Chel and I actually would much rather pair up Aang and Zuko than Zuko and Katara and then it hit me that they were actually a rather interesting pair. >.>

Funny thing is that I'm asexual too, and I also admit that Azula makes me want to be gay when she's at her meanest. XD She's just so awesome.

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
*pops in* Hey! :3

I'm doing one thing I never thought I'd do... I'm writing an AU fic which is like.. a prequel to Avatar following the Road to El Dorado story. XD If that makes any sense... but like... its about Sokka and stuff. >.> But its probably the best thing I've come up with since my Nightmare Before Christmas fan fiction. X3

Ahh... all I think is, at the very least, it doesn't take place in high school... like.. I can appreciate a well written AU High School fic but like... it just usually comes off as writers being too lazy to come up with something original and just talking about their day through anime/cartoon characters. :

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Speaking of which, has anyone read anything particualrly horrible lately? I haven't been able to handle actually reading much lately... just a ton of blocks. X.x Like art block and writing block but worse... I can't read fan fiction and I can't do mindless photoshop work either. XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games