Zutara 0.3 30.0% [ 15 ]
Tokka 0.04 4.0% [ 2 ]
Taang 0.02 2.0% [ 1 ]
Maiko 0.1 10.0% [ 5 ]
Longerbee 0.04 4.0% [ 2 ]
Sukka 0.04 4.0% [ 2 ]
Something pretty unusual. :3 (please, share! :D) 0.1 10.0% [ 5 ]
Ah... other... 0.12 12.0% [ 6 ]
What kind of idiotic question is THIS about PAIRINGS? Who effin CARES? 0.18 18.0% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 50 ]
1 2 3 4 >

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I was just thinking about how I have a tendency to eventually pick out an odd pairing or two when it comes to any show. So this is a pairing and/or peculiarity discussion. :3 Discuss anything you think may or may not happen, pairings you support, things you noticed about certain characters, etc.

I'll start off by saying "Hi," I'm a fan fiction writer more than a fan artist (mostly original work for me) and I often find myself starved for intelligent discussion in regards to pairings n such and yeah, yeah... I'm on the wrong topic to look for intelligent conversation (pairings/ships/whatever you'll call it), but hey, I can try, right? To sort of get a discussion going, I'll start with my personal favorites (just for those unfamiliar with name combining, I have the names next to them):

-Tokka: Toph/Sokka
-Kataang: Aang/Katara
-Jetko: Jet/Zuko
-Mai Lee: Mai/Ty Lee
-Maiko: Zuko/Mai
-Longerbee: Longshot/Smellerbee
-Heo: Haru/Teo
-Hakato: Hakoda/Bato
-Momappa: Momo/Appa (in my defense, that was a crack pairing)
-The Dolph (one-sided): The Duke/Toph (one-sided, The Duke crushing on Toph)
-Yuokka: Yue/Sokka
-Sukoph: Suki/Toph
-Harula: Haru/Azula

Yeah... also, if anyone would like to challenge me to write short fan fictions, be my guest. I'll mostly write for any of the above pairings, and I'll even write for ones I absolutely hate.

Now, if you please... carry on a civil, mostly literate conversation. I wanna see what it is about some pairings makes them tick. I'd like to discuss some of the characters n such also. Y'know, in general "Did you notice...?" stuff.

DON'T:

-Attack people for their pairing preferences
-Be rude
-Start flame wars
-Spam

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
S'been a while since I posted a topic here, let alone in this board... I think the last was about Dexter's Laboratory... *shrugs*

Oh, and I suppose some of those pairings are put in preference order. Tokka is my favorite... but after that... you can pretty much shuffle around the next seven... and the ones at the end are afterthought pairings, but I still like them a bit...

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Oh geez... let me guess, this is the sort of board where no one really shows up at some times and then suddenly it explodes at others?

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I realized I forgot to add a poll. XD

Hmm... maybe I should explain one of the weirder pairings as I wait...

How about Momoppa?

Like... all joking and stuff aside, I half seriously like this pairing and I half like it for the lulz...but like...

I dunno... another time, another place, and an AU fic I will not write, y'know? Yeah...

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Oh, awesome! Someone took the last option in the poll! I love seeing that sort of thing. XD

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Oh and the name of this thread comes from a fic I'm writing actually...

Its just random one shots n such... like sort of filling in bits that were in an episode but weren't in an episode... like characters went off somewhere, but that's all you ever hear about it. Or random relationship things, stufff I notice about certain characters... just this n that here and there... that sort of thing...
:O An intelligent conversation about pairing preferences?! Yes, please! <3

Oh hooray, another Longshot/Smellerbee fan! biggrin That's probably my favorite Avatar pairing.
I also really like:
Sokka/Toph
Jet/Zuko
Zuko/Mai
Aang/Katara (I've never read fic for this, though. I like perfectly well what they've done with it in canon, so I've just not felt the need to, I guess.)
And... all of my crackships. There are many.

Lately, I've taken an odd liking to The Duke/Toph. I've never even seen fic for this, unfortunately. Probably because it's really freaking weird. XD But I'd like to sometime, so I hope someone writes it!

I'm open to most pairings, actually, both serious and crack. ...Mostly crack. I'll read fic for nearly anything, as long as it's well written. The only pairing I'm adamantly opposed to is Zuko/Katara. It just doesn't appeal to me. Besides, there's too much crazy and too many shipping wars in that fandom. I'd rather just stay away from it.

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Soylent Cola

Oh hooray, another Longshot/Smellerbee fan! biggrin That's probably my favorite Avatar pairing.
I also really like:
Sokka/Toph
Jet/Zuko
Zuko/Mai
Aang/Katara (I've never read fic for this, though. I like perfectly well what they've done with it in canon, so I've just not felt the need to, I guess.)

Lately, I've taken an odd liking to The Duke/Toph. I've never even seen fic for this, unfortunately. Probably because it's really freaking weird. XD But I'd like to sometime, so I hope someone writes it!

I'm open to most pairings, actually, both serious and crack. ...Mostly crack. I'll read fic for nearly anything, as long as it's well written. The only pairing I'm adamantly opposed to is Zuko/Katara. It just doesn't appeal to me. Besides, there's too much crazy and too many shipping wars in that fandom. I'd rather just stay away from it.

Not to put down Zutarians, but if the ones I've seen weren't so agressive about it, I wouldn't really be as oppossed to the pairing. The reason I say so is because, as I know, there aren't any Zutarians present...

The pairings that are in-your-face cannon I don't need to read fan fiction for, but i am utterly obsessed with Tokka. XD

And I actually do like a one-sided The Duke/Toph. Him having a little crush on her would be all too adorable, like Toph's crush on Sokka. And its not as weird as maybe Haru/Teo. XD

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Ha! XD I like how half the people voting in the poll think this whole thing is stupid. X3 Awesome...
Katoph is the only legitimate pairing in the entire series. It is the love that dare not speak it's name, but most certainly is found in the depths of their souls. They may argue, sure, but that only speaks of the passion Katara and Toph have for one another... which will one day culminate in a love that will be unmatched. xd
AketA
Soylent Cola

I also really like:
Sokka/Toph
Jet/Zuko
Zuko/Mai

Not to put down Zutarians, but if the ones I've seen weren't so agressive about it, I wouldn't really be as oppossed to the pairing. The reason I say so is because, as I know, there aren't any Zutarians present...

The pairings that are in-your-face cannon I don't need to read fan fiction for, but i am utterly obsessed with Tokka. XD

And I actually do like a one-sided The Duke/Toph. Him having a little crush on her would be all too adorable, like Toph's crush on Sokka. And its not as weird as maybe Haru/Teo. XD

I completely agree with you on the Zutarians thing. I don't want to dislike them, but they make it so hard not to. ... That sounded a lot meaner than I intended. D:

Ah, I'm glad someone else likes The Duke/Toph. (what would the pairing name for that be..?) I feel slightly less weird now. Just slightly, but that's good enough for me.
It could be so cute, though! I mean, he let her throw up in his hat!! That's true love, right? XD

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Sorce
Katoph is the only legitimate pairing in the entire series. It is the love that dare not speak it's name, but most certainly is found in the depths of their souls. They may argue, sure, but that only speaks of the passion Katara and Toph have for one another... which will one day culminate in a love that will be unmatched. xd

At the very least, I can see where Katoph comes from. :3 And, oh my god, I totally know what you mean about arguments at least showing a level of passion in a relationship and its not just that... Toph even said herself that she feels like Katara cares about the real her. She was even crying a little as she said it. X3 I'm not a supporter, but I'd defend it.

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Soylent Cola
AketA
Soylent Cola

I also really like:
Sokka/Toph
Jet/Zuko
Zuko/Mai

I completely agree with you on the Zutarians thing. I don't want to dislike them, but they make it so hard not to. ... That sounded a lot meaner than I intended. D:

Ah, I'm glad someone else likes The Duke/Toph. (what would the pairing name for that be..?) I feel slightly less weird now. Just slightly, but that's good enough for me.
It could be so cute, though! I mean, he let her throw up in his hat!! That's true love, right? XD

i'm sure enough Zutarians are lovely enough... its kind of like the cheerleader thing... because of the stereotypes, you never actually want to hang out witha cheerleader, but you know there are some that are just plain awesome as people, y'know? My friend actually knows a Zutarian that's really awesome and not a scary in your face "my pairing is right, yours is wrong!" sort of person. Personally, some of them have come off as rather offensive to me, but its only a very small number that seem to be giving a bad name to the rest and its really a shame...

Like I said, maybe one-sided... The Duke is like... 8, so its more of a cute little kid crush on his part. X3 Almost like how Toph is with Sokka, but not as obvious. I must admit, though... him letting her throw up in his hat was adorable.. (it would be called " The Doph" wink

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Oh, Haru/Teo is a weird one... actually, I was running it through my head a lot today and I realized... there really isn't much about the characters to go one. They each had an episode and they've barely appeared aside from that. You have very little Earthbending from Haru (and that mustache. X.x ) and exploding peanuts from Teo (and broken breaks)... but its like... they're just THERE and they keep the focus on the gaang. Its nice and all to have some more about the gaang but... you have Teo, Haru, and The Duke back. D: All they did was disappear to look at the temple and well... would it hurt to put a little focus on them? I kind of hope they get a little more of the spotlight in future episodes. :

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff