DC 0.56048387096774 56.0% [ 278 ]
Total Votes:[ 496 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 138 139 140 > >> >>> »|

Aged Gaian

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
The cartoon may be over but they still make some decent DC toon Movies. So now I've converted this thread to include the Animated features.

Talk about your love of the Old Series. Talk about your love or hate of the movies. lets get this thing rolling once again!

EDIT: Now we cover all of the Animated Universe! Right here! DISCUSS
It was one I had never seen before and I watch it pretty avidly. Though I did miss about 4 episodes so I'm not sure if it was a new one or not. It was the episode were superman was fighting doomsday in a valcano.
Yeah, it was called The Doomsday Sanction.

You can find more information about it here: The Doomsday Sanction

Unfortunately, CN won't be showing any new episodes for a while.

Aged Gaian

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
Thanks for the Info...Now I have to find it.

Aged Gaian

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
Just saw the newest episode. It was very good up until the end. The way they portrayed Batman just seemed off to me....I mean this was DoomsDay. What were they supposed to do with him? I mean this wasn't the Shade or Gorilla Grodd this was ******** DOOMSDAY.

I honestly don't think he would have been that bent out of shape over the Leagues Decision.

Also it appears that they've decided to move away from the Batman/WonderWoman relationship. By her look at the end of the episode thats what it appeared to be. I for one actually enjoyed the "relationship" they had. It provided humor. I mean it wasn't in your face like the GL/Hawkgirl thing. Hopefully they'll return to this.
sinister626
Just saw the newest episode. It was very good up until the end. The way they portrayed Batman just seemed off to me....I mean this was DoomsDay. What were they supposed to do with him? I mean this wasn't the Shade or Gorilla Grodd this was ******** DOOMSDAY.

I honestly don't think he would have been that bent out of shape over the Leagues Decision.

Also it appears that they've decided to move away from the Batman/WonderWoman relationship. By her look at the end of the episode thats what it appeared to be. I for one actually enjoyed the "relationship" they had. It provided humor. I mean it wasn't in your face like the GL/Hawkgirl thing. Hopefully they'll return to this.

Link it to Kingdom Come and all will make more sense... 3nodding

Aged Gaian

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
Blackagar_Boltagon
sinister626

Link it to Kingdom Come and all will make more sense... 3nodding

Well yeah you can do that but to me this is the Cartoon and it holds differently. All that hostility came from no where. I mean saying he took a bullet for SuperMan? How many times has Supes done this for Bats? LOTS.
luv the show!! best fighting animation!! the ep with doomsday was hella cool!!
its alright... not the best but mostly likely better than anything else on at that time

Aged Gaian

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
animepilot
its alright... not the best but mostly likely better than anything else on at that time

I'm curious to hear what you think is better than JLU. I mean there really isn't anything out there that can compare to this show. It doesn't get stale due to the constant rotation of characters. It's awesome.

Voice actor wise its one of the most superior shows on the market. They've followed suit with the old Batman show and found high quality people to be the characters. And a good number of the villians are voiced by some very skilled actors. Luthor, Darkseid, and Clayface just to name a few.
Quote:
It doesn't get stale due to the constant rotation of characters. It's awesome.

That's why I hate it. I felt that JL was finally getting stuff right, to the point where I actually wanted to watch every day, and then the whole movie thing... gah.

I like to concentrate on the cores. A guest star is cool every now and then, and pointing out stuff you remeber from the comics can be neat... but JLU takes it too far. A huge cast of characters is hard, really, because you don't have time to concentrate and develope every one, so you just spread it around and great characters end up being completely 2D. Unless you're writing War and Peace, I think for a short-format type thing a small cast of characters are good. That's where X-Men:Evo and Teen Titans really succeeded with me -- you had just enough people to rotate the plots, but everyone usually gets enough screentime to make fans happy.

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
I found JL very entertaining with excellent stories (most of them anyway).

The show had good action, looked good, some comedy here and there, etc. But this JLU just came out of nowhere. So many questions arise when I first started watching JLU. How did their forces gain so much technology? Especially all the orbiting stations, the space jets, and the transporter system? Since there are so many characters now, I can ask, where were all these heroes back when there were only the 7? Why are so many heroes on Earth? Some of them shouldn't even be in this dimension.

They still try to piece together parts from the comics, but it's too jumbled. Also, for the episode Wake the Dead, I was curious about why the guy rose from his grave. They didn't do much concrete explaining, but provided plenty of problems that can be resolved through brute force....That's fun sometimes, but I was left confused.
did they ever stop making new hero for it
I love the show. I hear next season's going to be even better.

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Personally I dig the show, and welcome "new" characters with open arms. Personally I'm not a big fan of Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl(at least Shiera), or John Stewart...and now all the cool characters are appearing.

I do have to agree, where were all these other heroes before hand, in the decade of series leading up to this?

Gripes aside...Double Date will rock when it comes, not to mention the "Task Force X"(Suicide Squad) episode, or the one I've been waiting YEARS for..."THe Clash"...Superman vs. Captain Marvel!!! Woot! whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff