Welcome to Gaia! ::

Honestly....Who does Animation better?

Marvel 0.43951612903226 44.0% [ 218 ]
DC 0.56048387096774 56.0% [ 278 ]
Total Votes:[ 496 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 138 139 140 > >> >>> »|

bobshots
wiim
Say, speaking of Robin (whichever), how come he's not part of the League? ...Or Nightwing either?
because they have Batman so Nightwing's kind of unneccesary and like they said in Static Shock, Robin's with the Teen Titans(just not the one they have a cartoon show of... rolleyes )

Yeah, the logic between this is scrambling my brain.
Yeah the logic behind the Robin issue is way to hard on the brain. I'm glad the Huntress is involved though. Be nice to see Batgirl though....
syverna
Yeah the logic behind the Robin issue is way to hard on the brain. I'm glad the Huntress is involved though. Be nice to see Batgirl though....
actually it's really not. Here's how I see it, the Robin in TT is d**k they've put enough hints in pointing to that it'd be silly for them to say he's either of the others. d**k is now Nightwing which means that the Titans cartoon is in the past and Tim (the new Robin must be with a new team of Titans gathered later on (like the one in the comics... whee )

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
bobshots
syverna
actually it's really not. Here's how I see it, the Robin in TT is d**k they've put enough hints in pointing to that it'd be silly for them to say he's either of the others. d**k is now Nightwing which means that the Titans cartoon is in the past and Tim (the new Robin must be with a new team of Titans gathered later on (like the one in the comics... whee )

In the the OLD show Super Friends, Cyborg was shown as an adult part of the Super FRiends. So for the show now, Teen Titans just might be in the past. Of course just by looking, Teen Titans doesn't seem like it's in the past. Understandable; they need to modernize, even futurize everything in order to attract the attention of young viewers.
i think super man is the bomb how hes faster then a speeding bullet
Personally I want another episode with Dr. Fate. While I haven't read a comic with him in it his cartoon appearence are really cool and the voice actor is awesome.

But if they had to bring a TT person over I'd want to see Slade come in. And keep Ron Perlman as the voice. He does a great job.
syverna
Personally I want another episode with Dr. Fate. While I haven't read a comic with him in it his cartoon appearence are really cool and the voice actor is awesome.

But if they had to bring a TT person over I'd want to see Slade come in. And keep Ron Perlman as the voice. He does a great job.
Agreed. Ron Pearlman as Slade was an awesome choice, and if the get rid of the silly "kid-friendly" name have him appear in JLU and keep Ron as the voice I'll die a happy fanboy.
Exactly. DeathStroke is a much better name than Slade. I mean Slade doesn't strike fear in anyone. When you say Slade for all I know you're referring to the Loan Manager at the bank....I'm not scared. DeathStroke invokes fear....

I mean I can understand why they did it. Since the audience they were seaking wasn't the same as the JLU but the younger crowd it can make sense. Doesn't mean I like it though.
syverna
Exactly. DeathStroke is a much better name than Slade. I mean Slade doesn't strike fear in anyone. When you say Slade for all I know you're referring to the Loan Manager at the bank....I'm not scared. DeathStroke invokes fear....

I mean I can understand why they did it. Since the audience they were seaking wasn't the same as the JLU but the younger crowd it can make sense. Doesn't mean I like it though.
Well really the kids would probably have accepted it better if he was called Deathstroke since it sounds "cooler" (at least it seems to to my younger cousins and my friend's children) but the WB is really a**l about death and dying being mentioned in their cartoon shows, it's why they had to kiddify Static and the Titans because the WB doesn't think kids can handle it....
Its a shame that the execs get to pick so much of the stuff that goes into cartoons and the marketing....For example have you noticed that if you buy the JLU figures you won't have anyone to fight against? I mean they've put out two villians....its a shame. They haven't even made a Lex Luthor for gods sake! Why do they think we want Armor Superman, Rocket blast Flash, Snow ski batman? I mean give me a villian group. Give me Grodd, the Sapphire chick, Shade...is that to much to ask?
syverna
Its a shame that the execs get to pick so much of the stuff that goes into cartoons and the marketing....For example have you noticed that if you buy the JLU figures you won't have anyone to fight against? I mean they've put out two villians....its a shame. They haven't even made a Lex Luthor for gods sake! Why do they think we want Armor Superman, Rocket blast Flash, Snow ski batman? I mean give me a villian group. Give me Grodd, the Sapphire chick, Shade...is that to much to ask?
I'd rather see booster gold and blue beetle figures before they start doing villains... after that I want the Ultimen line to come out...(I'm hoping DC direct will put out their Superfriends counterparts) whee
But you need to have villians. They've got tons of heroes out there right now can't we at least get a InJustice Gang boxed set?

I know the Ultimen have historic backrounds but I can't see them doing a set of them before we get more villians...
syverna
But you need to have villians. They've got tons of heroes out there right now can't we at least get a InJustice Gang boxed set?

I know the Ultimen have historic backrounds but I can't see them doing a set of them before we get more villians...
I was saying after the villains..I guess I worded it wrong. I'd love to see a good Grodd figure and a Solomon Grundy one too, Luthor...Maybe with his armor on. I'd love a Star Saphire but she'd probably be one of the last made since she hasn't been much more than a lackey for the most part. A Morganna and Mordred set would be cool, though I'd want a decent Etrigan figure frst. The only thing I'd be worried about would be the inevitable "Racer Cycle Solomon" or "Power Jet Pack Shade" or some other nonsense...

EDIT: I'd also like to say that I think one of the problems with making the figures is the guy like Solomon Doomsday and Grodd and the other hulking figures. they're hard to sculpt and that may be the reasoning behind them not coming out yet...
Those make more sense than the SuperArmor Superman or Booster Rocket Flash.

Hello...invulnerable and super speed...why do they need armor and booster rockets?

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Maybe I misread what you guys typed earlier, but did you mention that Slade (from Teen Titans) is somehow in Justice League Unlimited as Deathstroke? biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff