Honestly....Who does Animation better?

Marvel 0.4412955465587 44.1% [ 218 ]
DC 0.5587044534413 55.9% [ 276 ]
Total Votes:[ 494 ]

Dangerous Visionary

Winniwyn
Miss-dark8607
So how about that Aqualad?
Seriously no one is gonna to tell Nightwing or Wally that MM dun goof and that Aqualad is now in a coma? Last week's episode gave me chills once I saw Aqualad still unresponsive! I hope Artemis can help but she seems MIA. GRRR this series!

And so it has been and so it is written,
On the doorway to paradise...

Didn't Beast Boy mention something about it to him at the end of "before the dawn"? I can't remember what he said specifically but I thought it was enough to at least heavily imply that she brain blasted him.

...That those who falter and those who fall
Must pay the price!

Yeah but only Superboy knows how she abuses her powers.

Dangerous Visionary

Also anyone have an idea of how many eps are left for this season?

Questionable Senshi

9,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Miss-dark8607
Winniwyn
Miss-dark8607
So how about that Aqualad?
Seriously no one is gonna to tell Nightwing or Wally that MM dun goof and that Aqualad is now in a coma? Last week's episode gave me chills once I saw Aqualad still unresponsive! I hope Artemis can help but she seems MIA. GRRR this series!

Didn't Beast Boy mention something about it to him at the end of "before the dawn"? I can't remember what he said specifically but I thought it was enough to at least heavily imply that she brain blasted him.

Must pay the price!

Yeah but only Superboy knows how she abuses her powers.

The only one who knows or the only one who cares and/or thinks of it as abuse? I find it hard to believe that he's the only one who knows. She mind crushed a Krolotean right in front of Martian Manhunter (who had to know EXACTLY what she'd done to it) and Batman. If she didn't have any problem doing it in front of them, why would she have any problem doing it in front of the team. Not to mention again how often her team members tell her to brain blast their enemies. And once again there's the thing with Psimon. d**k knew about that and he didn't have any problem mentioning it to other members of the team.

I really don't understand where everyone is getting all this no one knows about it crap. The team knows about it. They just either don't have a problem with it, don't see it as abusing her power, or have been mentally manipulated by Miss M into finding it acceptable.

EDIT: As a side note, I often wonder if people end up thinking that I don't like M'gann because almost every disagreement I have with people about this show revolves around her. I actually like her quite a bit. Even more so after she started abusing her powers, it honestly makes her more interesting to me. I think I just disagree with most people's interpretation or analysis of her.

Must pay the price!

Questionable Senshi

9,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Miss-dark8607
Also anyone have an idea of how many eps are left for this season?

I'm pretty sure this season got picked up for 22 episodes so....I'll let you do the math part.

Must pay the price!
Winniwyn

You have some sort of evidence of this I suppose? Everything I've seen points to quite the contrary. Ever since she decided to stop doing it the whole team has been egging her on to "brain-blast" the bad guys. Not to mention the fact that she's put Psimon, a skilled telepath in his own right, in a coma before. Martian Manhunter flat out said that she's the most powerful psychic mind he's ever encountered. There is no way the team is unaware of what she can do.

Must pay the price!

ooh.
you make a wonderful point. emotion_kirakira I've only season 2 episodes once so far, so I haven't noticed things still. Horrible at analysis and the little things upon first viewing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Season 1, when they're first starting out as a team, don't they get angry at her? For seeing the world so black & white and that she isn't supposed to harm the enemy in "that way"? I know it's last season stuff, but I feel like even in 5 years, they wouldn't be okay with her brain-blasting the enemy.
this is all assuming I'm not switching Miss M up for something else, though.

Your mental manipulation thing might be why no one else seems to give a s**t if they do know/realize it, too. I'm sure she's capable of doing that without even thinking about it.

out of curiosity, I mean...would the League be okay with her doing that? From what I know (which isn't that much, tbh), this isn't something they would do or allow happen.

Questionable Senshi

9,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
xAliceJae
Winniwyn

You have some sort of evidence of this I suppose? Everything I've seen points to quite the contrary. Ever since she decided to stop doing it the whole team has been egging her on to "brain-blast" the bad guys. Not to mention the fact that she's put Psimon, a skilled telepath in his own right, in a coma before. Martian Manhunter flat out said that she's the most powerful psychic mind he's ever encountered. There is no way the team is unaware of what she can do.

Must pay the price!

ooh.
you make a wonderful point. emotion_kirakira I've only season 2 episodes once so far, so I haven't noticed things still. Horrible at analysis and the little things upon first viewing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Season 1, when they're first starting out as a team, don't they get angry at her? For seeing the world so black & white and that she isn't supposed to harm the enemy in "that way"? I know it's last season stuff, but I feel like even in 5 years, they wouldn't be okay with her brain-blasting the enemy.
this is all assuming I'm not switching Miss M up for something else, though.

Your mental manipulation thing might be why no one else seems to give a s**t if they do know/realize it, too. I'm sure she's capable of doing that without even thinking about it.

out of curiosity, I mean...would the League be okay with her doing that? From what I know (which isn't that much, tbh), this isn't something they would do or allow happen.

Its okay, I just really enjoy analyzing the things I watch and read and I listen to a writing podcast that explains a lot of the ins and outs of storytelling. I know not everyone is into that sort of thing though...

As it happens, I just re-watched those first few episodes with M'gann a couple weeks ago and they actually encouraged her to invade the minds of their enemies. What they had a problem with was when she did it to the team and when it looked like she'd killed a human enemy (who turned out to be a robot). She even asked them about it during the fight, "I thought I wasn't supposed to do that?" to which they responded that it was okay with the bad guys. Of course that was just about reading minds.

And yeah, I really like the idea of Miss M messing with her team mates minds and bending their morals to fit her own thinking. When you don't have someone to challenge your own way of thinking its easy for behavior to spin out of control. Its also part of why I've been enjoying Superboy so much this season as well, because he realized what she'd been doing and actively calls her out on it.

As for the Justice League I think that depends on the member. At the very least Batman would/should probably object. In the old DCU someone actually did alter some of Batman's memories and it lead him to becoming so suspicious of everyone that it lead him to creating an artificially intelligent satilite with the purpose of policing individuals with super powers. Needless to say, that blew up in his face and caused a huge disaster. Of course, this is an alternate universe and this is a different Batman so who knows?
Must pay the price!
Winniwyn

Its okay, I just really enjoy analyzing the things I watch and read and I listen to a writing podcast that explains a lot of the ins and outs of storytelling. I know not everyone is into that sort of thing though...

As it happens, I just re-watched those first few episodes with M'gann a couple weeks ago and they actually encouraged her to invade the minds of their enemies. What they had a problem with was when she did it to the team and when it looked like she'd killed a human enemy (who turned out to be a robot). She even asked them about it during the fight, "I thought I wasn't supposed to do that?" to which they responded that it was okay with the bad guys. Of course that was just about reading minds.

And yeah, I really like the idea of Miss M messing with her team mates minds and bending their morals to fit her own thinking. When you don't have someone to challenge your own way of thinking its easy for behavior to spin out of control. Its also part of why I've been enjoying Superboy so much this season as well, because he realized what she'd been doing and actively calls her out on it.

As for the Justice League I think that depends on the member. At the very least Batman would/should probably object. In the old DCU someone actually did alter some of Batman's memories and it lead him to becoming so suspicious of everyone that it lead him to creating an artificially intelligent satilite with the purpose of policing individuals with super powers. Needless to say, that blew up in his face and caused a huge disaster. Of course, this is an alternate universe and this is a different Batman so who knows?
Must pay the price!

My brain is definitely still in Batman mode. x___x My English 102 course was Batman-themed, so I was writing papers & analyzing Batman's wonderful "We do not killlll." stuffs, especially for my last one because of Jason.
Anyhow, I'd loveeee to be able to analyze like this. emotion_kirakira It's only been recently that I've been getting more into stuff and able to look at it in a more mature view.

Just remembered which episode I was thinking of & d**k tells her "We don't kill the captives!" after she crushes the "human captive".
So based on that alone, I'm still kinda...iffy on the other parts of the Team fully knowing what she does. If she's not actually messing with their heads to accept/ignore what she's doing, I feel like they're only half-aware. Like, they think she just knocks them out for a little while to prevent them doing more damage, instead of essentially destroying their mind and leaving them brain-dead.

The idea of her using her powers to mess with her own teammates sounds wonderful though. xD; & wouldn't be far off. She's knocked out her teammates in fear of being found out as a white martian and found it okay at one point to invade her boyfriend's mind to erase a memory. Superboy's not affected because he knows what her touch feels like in his mind.
Hell, her fear or just some other emotion alone could be powering it without Miss M herself since she almost left her teammates comatose from their training exercise. .___.;

Dapper Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I kinda skipped ahead, so I don't know if it's been posted/discussed already, but there IS a petition going around to try and save GL:TAS and YJ. I don't really watch YJ anymore, but am a huge fan of Green Lantern, so I hope we can bring both shows back, allowing EVERYONE to be happy.

Questionable Senshi

9,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Vengeful_Justice
I kinda skipped ahead, so I don't know if it's been posted/discussed already, but there IS a petition going around to try and save GL:TAS and YJ. I don't really watch YJ anymore, but am a huge fan of Green Lantern, so I hope we can bring both shows back, allowing EVERYONE to be happy.

There's actually several different petitions going around.

Must pay the price!

Dapper Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Winniwyn
Vengeful_Justice

There's actually several different petitions going around.

Must pay the price!

I'm not sure if that's good or bad. I signed the one that was re-tweeted by Giancarlo Volpe.(Guy in charge of GL:TAS)

Fatcat

Vengeful_Justice

"Trying to save" the DC Nation block? "Bring both shows back" Did something happen again? Did they go hiatus again?... SERIOUSLY THEY CANCELLED THE SHOWS?!

Dapper Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Garrulous Guy
Vengeful_Justice

"Trying to save" the DC Nation block? "Bring both shows back" Did something happen again? Did they go hiatus again?... SERIOUSLY THEY CANCELLED THE SHOWS?!

Yep. Canceled both. :/
There are almost 15,000 signatures in the main petition though.

Fatcat

So what are the chances that DC Nation is going to cut their two most popular shows? I gotta give it to the fandom though we're making a huge effort to get them renewed.

Dangerous Visionary

I pretty much figured that BOTH shows would be on the chopping block anyways. So I'm not really shocked. How else were they going to air the new TT and Beware the Batman, as well as the Batgirl series and other shows that may or may not either more shorts or full blown series. I mean they have so many projects in the pipeline and if they are really SERIOUS about trying to do a live action JLA movie expect even more changes that will affect DC Nation.

Aged Gaian

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
I don't get why they can't run TT and Batman during the summer and YJ and GL during the Winter. That would give them a whole year of programming without any real breaks. But that would be semi-smart so it's automatically out.

I won't be watching the new shows on CN. Quite frankly once Clone Wars leaves I won't be watching the network at all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games