Honestly....Who does Animation better?

Marvel 0.43951612903226 44.0% [ 218 ]
DC 0.56048387096774 56.0% [ 278 ]
Total Votes:[ 496 ]

Dangerous Visionary

Garrulous Guy
Miss-dark8607
Garrulous Guy
Hello! With the DC Nation block returning to Cartoon Network, what are your opinions on the shows?

Personally I love both, but I'm miffed at all the hiatuses that the block keeps going through.

I wish Green Lantern had a bigger fan base. I though all the Bruce Timm fans would be more on board since he help jump start the series but nah. (I think because its CGI and people in the DCU fandom tend to dislike that that style) Kind of blows but whatever. Of course I like Young Justice as well and I do hope its the start of a new generation of DCAU with its own meta-verse or whatever.

Be cool if they can finally have a Birds of Prey animated series. Well after Beware the Batman and all the other planned series.

I feel exactly the same way with Green Lantern. Unfortunately, the CGI style really does seem to put off people when they consider watching the show. Like, when I asked a few of my friends why they weren't watching the show the "art style" was one of the first things to be mentioned. Which is really unfortunate because the show as a whole is really good.

Its really awesome and this coming from someone who generally speaking doesn't like Green Lantern. (Especially Hal who I felt was the weakest one of them all.) * Prefers John and Kyle*

Fatcat

Miss-dark8607
Its really awesome and this coming from someone who generally speaking doesn't like Green Lantern. (Especially Hal who I felt was the weakest one of them all.) * Prefers John and Kyle*

Yeah, it's a shame that people don't notice how good it is, even if Bruce Timm is a part of it. Ha. Although I don't hate Hal Jordan, I honestly feel that the other three green lanterns make more interesting characters development wise.

Dangerous Visionary

Garrulous Guy
Miss-dark8607

Yeah, it's a shame that people don't notice how good it is, even if Bruce Timm is a part of it. Ha. Although I don't hate Hal Jordan, I honestly feel that the other three green lanterns make more interesting characters development wise.

Same here. Especially Kyle who I think should be added more in the animated part of DC at least.

Fatcat

Miss-dark8607
Garrulous Guy
Miss-dark8607

Same here. Especially Kyle who I think should be added more in the animated part of DC at least.

Yeah, especially because Kyle seems to be the GL with the least amount of screentime next to Guy Gardner? I mean Hal Jordan is in the animated series and Direct-to-DVD specials, John was the main GL in Justice League, and Guy had more than a few episodes in Brave and the Bold.

Unfortunately, it's not just Kyle who seems to be thrown under the bus, for more well known characters. At least the recent DC shows seem to be making an effort in bringing those characters in for an episode or more.

Dangerous Visionary

Garrulous Guy
Miss-dark8607
Garrulous Guy
Miss-dark8607

Yeah, especially because Kyle seems to be the GL with the least amount of screentime next to Guy Gardner? I mean Hal Jordan is in the animated series and Direct-to-DVD specials, John was the main GL in Justice League, and Guy had more than a few episodes in Brave and the Bold.

Unfortunately, it's not just Kyle who seems to be thrown under the bus, for more well known characters. At least the recent DC shows seem to be making an effort in bringing those characters in for an episode or more.

IDK maybe they can't use him in the animated adaptions? DC been kind of funky with that sort of stuff.

Aged Gaian

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
I'm not going to lie...when I saw the animation for GL I was scared for the show. I didn't like it at all and honestly it's the weakest animation of any DC show (in my opinion). But I've gotten past my dislike for the animation because I like what they're doing with the show story-wise. Like you guys I wish they would showcase more than just Hal. Maybe they'll get ballsy and turn him into Parallax and have Kyle come in to save the day just for a change of pace.

I watched Year One the other night on Netflix and I was impressed for sure! Makes me wish I would have bought it when it was at Bestbuy for $4.
Garrulous Guy
Miss-dark8607
Garrulous Guy
Miss-dark8607

The Green Lantern with the least amount of screen time is the first green Lantern Alan Scott. Of course the golden age version of characters tends to be ignored for the most part (Being stuck in their own universe in the current 52 universe does not help) but I don't think Alan Scott has been animated. Maybe he was in Brave and the Bold but I don't remember. He is referenced in Green Lantern but even then if you don't know who he is you will miss it when you watch "Steam Lantern."

Anyway yes Kyle is my favorite GL and Hal is my least favorite, Hal to me is a dull character he's too perfect and this is coming from someone who loves Superman. Oh and I would say Guy has more attention then Kyle now. Kyle has one had one episode of Superman TAS and a couple cameos in Justice league/JLU.

I was disappointed with Batman Year One, it felt more rushed then most of the movies to be honest, Catwoman especially seemed wasted, there was almost no point having her in the movie.

I loved Superman vs the Elite though. This movie shows what I love about Superman as a character. He could easily rule by fear but he wants to be accepted, he holds the rules and laws of our world to a high regard because of how easy it could be for him to abuse his power. I also liked the "Classic super hero" vs "Modern anti-hero" conflict of the movie.

Dangerous Visionary

sinister626
I'm not going to lie...when I saw the animation for GL I was scared for the show. I didn't like it at all and honestly it's the weakest animation of any DC show (in my opinion). But I've gotten past my dislike for the animation because I like what they're doing with the show story-wise. Like you guys I wish they would showcase more than just Hal. Maybe they'll get ballsy and turn him into Parallax and have Kyle come in to save the day just for a change of pace.

I watched Year One the other night on Netflix and I was impressed for sure! Makes me wish I would have bought it when it was at Bestbuy for $4.

OH THANK GOODNESS! I so want to hug you. Well thanks for seeing pass the animation and getting into the story. 3nodding I just watched Year One and yeah its a Frank Miller story alright. emotion_eyebrow Seriously, what is wrong with that guy and what's his issue with minorities, people with GOOD morals, and of course women! UGH I really, really, really don't get why he is so popular.

Dangerous Visionary

Creativerealms

I loved Superman vs the Elite though. This movie shows what I love about Superman as a character. He could easily rule by fear but he wants to be accepted, he holds the rules and laws of our world to a high regard because of how easy it could be for him to abuse his power. I also liked the "Classic super hero" vs "Modern anti-hero" conflict of the movie.

That movie was great by the intro alone and even though she wasn't in it a lot that had to be my favorite version of Lois thus far. (Yup still pissed they aren't together in the nu 52) Though like mid-way through I was thinking damn shouldn't this be a Justice League issue now? There's like four against one and their all freaking crazy. Supes get Wonder Woman and Bats to help you! emotion_0A0 But Supes smack their asses and I was like YAY! I really loved that movie. Doom was fun too. Though I liked the ending from the comics better since it shown how that affected the whole Bat-family and their teams. And I'm still indifferent from changing the big boss to Savage from Ra's though I guess they felt that Ra's was kind of over exposed at this point due to the live action movies.

Dangerous Visionary

BTW if you any of you have the CW/Vortex in your area you should see the edited Justice League unlimited. They took out all the innuendo but kept most of the violence. LOL it's such a 90's thing to do. xd I don't really watch it much since it comes around Dan Vs and I can't miss Dan Vs for a series I can get any time.
Miss-dark8607
Creativerealms

That movie was great by the intro alone and even though she wasn't in it a lot that had to be my favorite version of Lois thus far. (Yup still pissed they aren't together in the nu 52) Though like mid-way through I was thinking damn shouldn't this be a Justice League issue now? There's like four against one and their all freaking crazy. Supes get Wonder Woman and Bats to help you! emotion_0A0 But Supes smack their asses and I was like YAY! I really loved that movie. Doom was fun too. Though I liked the ending from the comics better since it shown how that affected the whole Bat-family and their teams. And I'm still indifferent from changing the big boss to Savage from Ra's though I guess they felt that Ra's was kind of over exposed at this point due to the live action movies.

Making Savage the villain in Doom did not bother me because he's more of a Justice League Villain.

Yes Ras is over exposed. He's the only classic Batman villain showing up in season one of Beware the Batman. It's funny the show talked about animated all these lesser and unknown Batman villains (I am so happy to see Anarky animated) and then they announce Ras is going to be in the show. Now I get it he's going to be part of Katana's back story for the show so I can't complain too much.

It's funny to me the biggest draw of Beware the Batman is all these lesser villains being animated and the popular ones like Joker being sidelined. That's actually a turn off for most people, it's like you said over exposed, I want other villains to get some time in the spot light.

Blessed Shapeshifter

yo
just finished wathcing young justice
is my man static still in the ship what happened

Dangerous Visionary

Creativerealms

Making Savage the villain in Doom did not bother me because he's more of a Justice League Villain.

Yes Ras is over exposed. He's the only classic Batman villain showing up in season one of Beware the Batman. It's funny the show talked about animated all these lesser and unknown Batman villains (I am so happy to see Anarky animated) and then they announce Ras is going to be in the show. Now I get it he's going to be part of Katana's back story for the show so I can't complain too much.

It's funny to me the biggest draw of Beware the Batman is all these lesser villains being animated and the popular ones like Joker being sidelined. That's actually a turn off for most people, it's like you said over exposed, I want other villains to get some time in the spot light.

Hmm when you put it that way yeah I guess that does make sense making Savage the main villain. Unsure as to why they had Cyborg and once again Aquaman was left out. emo

Yeah see Bats himself is over exposed and I kind of haven't really bother reading up on BTB. I'll probably check it out once it does hit DCN but yeah kind of low on the radar for me. But yeah less Joker is kind of a good thing. As Joker fans are kind of annoying IMPO.

Dangerous Visionary

The Lazy Village
yo

He was saved when Nightwing entered the hull and then got everyone aboard the bio-ship as the two Beetles battled. wink

Blessed Shapeshifter

Miss-dark8607
The Lazy Village
yo

He was saved when Nightwing entered the hull and then got everyone aboard the bio-ship as the two Beetles battled. wink

well i hope so, he is gonna pull alot of viewership

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces