Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think about it?

Good, no one will miss him 0.094117647058824 9.4% [ 8 ]
Neutral 0.25882352941176 25.9% [ 22 ]
That is Bull****! 0.64705882352941 64.7% [ 55 ]
Total Votes:[ 85 ]
< 1 2 3

Shadowy Seeker

I don't even understand why everyone is so upset and up in arms over his death. He was a boring character in the beginning and a total a*****e by the end. There was nothing interesting about him as a character. His death felt hollow and like a cheap gimmick to get some knee jerk reactions from the fans.

Besides, they will probably pull some bullshit of bringing him back to life, him not being dead, Stewie somehow rebuilding the time machine or him not being dead in the first place.

Frankly, when it comes to an animated dog's death - Futurama did it better.

Fashionable Genius

7,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Captain Talavar
1) Stewie still has a time machine. Let's not forget that before he destroyed it, he traveled into the future to get the latest Christmas presents. All present-Stewie has to do is intercept past-Stewie at the toy store, kill him, and use the return pad to travel back to the past, and then he can make sure Brian isn't killed.

2) A future episode of the season is called "Brian's a Bad Father" and there's another future episode called "Brian the Closer". So yeah. I don't think Brian's death is going to last.

Just because he has episodes named after him doesn't mean he's coming back. Plus a month passed since he died so that time machine bs is null and void. Stewie is probably the smartest one in the family, if he couldn't build a time machine in a month then its over.
Xiao Qiao True Beauty
Captain Talavar
1) Stewie still has a time machine. Let's not forget that before he destroyed it, he traveled into the future to get the latest Christmas presents. All present-Stewie has to do is intercept past-Stewie at the toy store, kill him, and use the return pad to travel back to the past, and then he can make sure Brian isn't killed.

2) A future episode of the season is called "Brian's a Bad Father" and there's another future episode called "Brian the Closer". So yeah. I don't think Brian's death is going to last.

Just because he has episodes named after him doesn't mean he's coming back. Plus a month passed since he died so that time machine bs is null and void. Stewie is probably the smartest one in the family, if he couldn't build a time machine in a month then its over.

It has nothing to do with building a time machine. Yes, a month passed, but that likely doesn't mean he's passed the date in the future to which he traveled. I'll concede that the episode names don't necessarily mean he's coming back, but I've explained already in plenty of detail how Stewie still has access to a time machine if he remembers his trip to the future.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Brian was one of my fave characters. It's not gonna be the same without him. sad
My problem is that so many people are up in arms about it but they fail to think about it from any other point of view. This is my opinion on the whole thing: First off, Brian was kind of an a-hole to a lot of people, stewie included. He acted like he was so much better and smarter than everyone but really wasn't. He lusted after his best friends wife constantly. He was an alcoholic. He claimed to wanna be with someone intelligent then couldn't handle a woman smarter than him so he went back to sleeping with bimboes to feel better about himself. He was a terrible writer. and the stuff he did to Quagmire was awful.

Now after all that, I'm not saying that I wanted them to kill him but to me it makes the most sense. Not just for those reasons but for this next one: I believe it was done to help Stewie grow up.

My belief is that Seth McFarlane felt like the show is starting to get stagnant like the Simpsons and he doesn't want that to happen. So I feel like he decided that he needs Stewie to grow up in order for the show to move on. In order for that to happen he needs a pivotal moment in Stewie's young life to get him headed in that direction. The death of a family pet is a tough moment for any child but it also helps prepare them for life. That's just my theory/opinion/whatever you wanna call it.

I've been called all kinds of names for my opinions on this but I'm hoping that you guys here can at least look at it logically and see how it is a possibility and not be a bunch of raving loons.

Thanks and sorry for the long post.

Conservative Friend

4,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
They should of killed of one of the minor characters that are very annoying! Brian was an okay character and all but they could have made him like all races. Him being a racist was the only problem.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff