Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
So, I've seen the movie about three times now, for the sake of an upcoming blog post... And in that time, I've come up with a theory in regards to the film's two most prominent female characters, Gogo and Honey Lemon, and the relationship between them. Now, I'm not talking about them being in some sort of same sex pairing... That's what fanfiction is for. My theory is the exact opposite of this... My theory is that Gogo and Honey Lemon hate each other.

Well, to be fair, I don't believe there's any sort of violent animosity between them... They don't hate each other to the point that they can't coexist. It's more of a mutual resentment. My theory is that the only reason they hang out together is because of an unspoken agreement between them... Something like "I don't like you, you don't like me, but we have the same interests, and the same friends, so let's just tolerate each other for their sake, okay?"

Well, that's my theory... But it requires proof, doesn't it? Well, consider how close their group is... It's always the same five (four after a spoiler event) people hanging out, with nobody ever left out of the group for any reason... So from that, we can reason that under normal circumstances, they'd all be really close. And yet... And here's where my theory originated... The two of them never say a single word to each other throughout the entire movie. I'm serious, they don't! And if it wasn't for a few reactionary sideways glances, there wouldn't even be any proof that they're capable of acknowledging each others presence!

The only time they directly interact is in a battle near the end, where they mess up with their weapons and accidently wipe each other out... To be fair, they do share an exchange in this scene, but the phrase "Right behind you!" is hardly significant enough to disprove my theory, and it pales in comparison to the distinctly negative interaction that follows it.

So, yeah. Either they dislike each other for some reason, or this movie features some lazy, lazy character writing.

Blessed Seeker

13,475 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Huh. Interesting theory. I didn't notice the two never talk. I'll have to watch it again.

On a sidenote, I ship Hiro and Gogo.
her354
Huh. Interesting theory. I didn't notice the two never talk. I'll have to watch it again.

Can someone please explain to me what this "ship" phenomenon is?

Melodious Gentlewoman

25,990 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
Uh Oh Erect!on
her354

Can someone please explain to me what this "ship" phenomenon is?

A ship is when you pair two fictional characters or people together and view them as a couple.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff