Welcome to Gaia! ::

I believe it's been around almost a month or so since it's finished up. I only realized that like, last week and got my order today from Amazon. :3

Thoughts on part 3? Thoughts overall? Thoughts on what may happen The Search? (Which is more than one part, for those who were unaware like me v___v )
I read Part 3 once through quick~ish and skimmed it a second time because I couldn't place what was missing or felt wrong from the previous two. I think I potentially have it pinpointed. Aang feels kinda out of character for a bit.

Am I in the wrong for believing Aang considering killing Zuko to be strange? I haven't watched TLA in forever, so maybe I'm just remembering it wrong; But, Aang couldn't even end Ozai, but he took away his bending instead. I know that's a fact, so why would he consider ending Zuko, someone who's legitimately close to him over something like this?

As well as Roku telling Aang he should have ended Zuko. I really need to rewatch the series because that entire sequence felt really wrong to me. v___v AND Aang completely breaking off his spiritual bond with Roku over this. Aang's obviously upset, but would the avatar spirits really stay so...static, I believe the word is?
I know the Avatarverse isn't like ours, but would their society really be the same after like, 300-500 years? I think he's spoken to at least avatar Kyoshi maybe. Would continuously following your past lives mean your world would not be able to progress? Do you have to break off the spiritual tie in the end if you want progress? I hope that made sense. .____.;
(lul, I was on tumblr earlier and someone said this is why Korra's spiritual connection is ********. also tumblr is scary and i should avoid it heavily.)

For people who haven't read it all and don't want spoilers, I don't rec my topic just because I know not everyone will use spoiler tags. razz

Lonely Nerd

Just in case

Aang doesn't want to kill Zuko. BUT he made that promise, and he doesn't want to go back on his word (he just needs to know when to say no) so he's can't both be a pacifist and keep his word. I think it fits in with his character. He's too nice to say no so he would end up in this situation.

Roku quoted himself, he said Aang needed to be decisive. Roku knows that the war was his fault, because he couldn't kill his friend, so he doesn't want Aang to make the same mistake.

Though I do agree that him breaking off contact with Roku was rather rash, and might be unprecedented, I don't know. But I can see why Aang wanted/needed to do it, he felt he needed to be his own avatar, and not rely on the past avatars like he had been (like during the finale).

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

+.♦.+ Guns and Roses +.♦.+

I'm kind of upset that Aang would disconnect from Roku. But then, I also felt strange that Roku would actually believe that Aang STILL made a mistake for making a decision on not killing Zuko.

Well, aleast we finally got a chance of what happen to Azula emotion_awesome

-~--~-
Kezzoa
Just in case

Aang doesn't want to kill Zuko. BUT he made that promise, and he doesn't want to go back on his word (he just needs to know when to say no) so he's can't both be a pacifist and keep his word. I think it fits in with his character. He's too nice to say no so he would end up in this situation.

Roku quoted himself, he said Aang needed to be decisive. Roku knows that the war was his fault, because he couldn't kill his friend, so he doesn't want Aang to make the same mistake.

Though I do agree that him breaking off contact with Roku was rather rash, and might be unprecedented, I don't know. But I can see why Aang wanted/needed to do it, he felt he needed to be his own avatar, and not rely on the past avatars like he had been (like during the finale).

Ooh, that's a good explanation. surprised
Idunno. I'm extremely nice irl and even if I did make that promise, I could never act on it. But Aang has more weight on his shoulders.

Lonely Nerd

xAliceJae
Kezzoa
Just in case

Ooh, that's a good explanation. surprised
Idunno. I'm extremely nice irl and even if I did make that promise, I could never act on it. But Aang has more weight on his shoulders.

Yeah, I just hope that The Search will be good. xD

One thing that I was like. O: about was the Suki x Zuko going on. Like, "we're worried about you, I'm worried about you. Also, with Mai ditching him, and then Suki being all "he's so lonely" I'm seeing Suki and Zuko getting together, and that's great, cuz then Toph and Sokka <3
xDD
So we're all just gonna talk in spoilers?

The part that I didn't like the most was Toph's students. Flat characters with only one aspect of their personalities. It was quite boring.

I never really understood why Katara chose Aang at the end so the kataang fluffiness just felt weird.

I enjoyed the Tokka and Zukaang moments, though. emotion_bigheart And the comics did touch on some heavy issues, which was interesting.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff