Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's a japanese movie titled "Casshern." Live action, but in a very interesting "anime" style. Find it on rottentomatoes.com for the trailer.

If you've heard of it, do you know if the DVD has english subtitles? I'd love to find out.
bumpalicious

6,200 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I saw the trailer of it. It looks like the Live action version of the anime Chasshan Robot Hunter( Not too sure of the spelling ).
I have heard of this and seen the trailer for it.

Also I had heard through animated-news.com that Dreamworks had picked this up and plans to bring it to North America.

http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00002689.html

DreamWorks has landed the domestic distribution rights to the Japanese science fiction action film Casshern, which it will release under the banner of its specialty film division, Go Fish Pictures. The film blends Japanimation and manga-inspired live action. DreamWorks says of the plot: "It is late in the 21st century. After 50 years of devastating war between Europa and the Eastern Federation, the latter has emerged victorious, and the new federation of Eurasia is formed. There can be no glorious peace, however, as the planet has been ravaged by chemical, biological and even nuclear weapons and the entire human race is dispirited and exhausted by half a century of war. A geneticist named Azuma brings hope in the form of a 'neo-cell', which can rejuvenate human parts with no risk of rejection. But nature interferes with science to create a new kind of menace that forces the entire human race to fight an ultimate war against its own extinction". Casshern is directed by Japanese music video director Kazuaki Kiriya, who also wrote the screenplay.
Why'd they put this here? It's a live action movie...oh well.

Quote:
I have heard of this and seen the trailer for it.

Also I had heard through animated-news.com that Dreamworks had picked this up and plans to bring it to North America.

That's awesome! I really wanna see it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces