Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
As I have seen the newer episodes of Fairly Odd Parents here, and there, I began to hate Timmy Turner's parents, not the fairies, his real human parents.

I mean no wonder the kid holds onto his fairies so dearly, his parents have basically become people who don't actually want to parent, and let their child run wild due to their negligence, and apathy. They only actually try to parent once they called out on their negligence, like in that episode with that "Bad Parent Hunter."

Not only that but they don't seem to even want Timmy. I understand they were honestly expecting a girl when they had him (hence the pink hat) but then there is the episode where it's "bring you child to work day," at Mr. Turner's workplace, a pencil factory. Timmy is excited of course but then his father pulls a completely d**k move, and hires some other kid to take to work with him because he doesn't want to be seen with his real child who had buck teeth.

Am I in the wrong here?

Dangerous Friend

9,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Everything you've said is completely true, but I think you may be looking a bit too deep into this cartoon. I don't really watch it much though, so I may be wrong.

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
ShyShinobi97
Everything you've said is completely true, but I think you may be looking a bit too deep into this cartoon. I don't really watch it much though, so I may be wrong.

Eh, sometimes I watch it when the title of the episode is interesting, but it's become just like Spongebob now a days.

Dangerous Friend

9,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
I find Spongebob annoying. . . He's just plain irritating xp

Divine Sex Symbol

9,450 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
What you said is very true, and it's very annoying that they are still oblivious to the fact that Vicky is evil and they still hire her anyway.

Chimera_69's Husbando

14,175 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Captain Dory
As I have seen the newer episodes of Fairly Odd Parents here, and there, I began to hate Timmy Turner's parents, not the fairies, his real human parents.

I mean no wonder the kid holds onto his fairies so dearly, his parents have basically become people who don't actually want to parent, and let their child run wild due to their negligence, and apathy. They only actually try to parent once they called out on their negligence, like in that episode with that "Bad Parent Hunter."

Not only that but they don't seem to even want Timmy. I understand they were honestly expecting a girl when they had him (hence the pink hat) but then there is the episode where it's "bring you child to work day," at Mr. Turner's workplace, a pencil factory. Timmy is excited of course but then his father pulls a completely d**k move, and hires some other kid to take to work with him because he doesn't want to be seen with his real child who had buck teeth.

Am I in the wrong here?

I don't think you're wrong, In real life they are very bad parents but it's just a cartoon.

Think about it. If Timmy's parents were very loving and attentive he wouldn't really need his fairies. If they don't hire Vicky to babysit we do not have a villain we love to hate.

Oddparents is also a play of Godparents where if the Parents can not take care of the child the Godparents step up such as Cosmo and Wanda. So I think it makes sense.

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Yami Alexander 4
Captain Dory

Am I in the wrong here?

I don't think you're wrong, In real life they are very bad parents but it's just a cartoon.

Think about it. If Timmy's parents were very loving and attentive he wouldn't really need his fairies. If they don't hire Vicky to babysit we do not have a villain we love to hate.

Oddparents is also a play of Godparents where if the Parents can not take care of the child the Godparents step up such as Cosmo and Wanda. So I think it makes sense.

I know it's a cartoon, and a play on "Godparents," but the thing is they weren't as flanderized as they were in the first seasons. Remember Abra-Catastrophe? Timmy's parents actually made an effort to better themselves as parents, and stop lying to Timmy as much.

Dapper Gaian

Captain Dory

Am I in the wrong here?

Child protective services should take him and the fairies away. If I were him, I would ditch it all and go live in fairy world. But i can see why he stays there, because if they started giving the attention he deserves and his life starts being good, then he looses his godparents. He loves them more than anything (and poof) 4laugh

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Adorable Evangelita
Captain Dory

Am I in the wrong here?

Child protective services should take him and the fairies away. If I were him, I would ditch it all and go live in fairy world. But i can see why he stays there, because if they started giving the attention he deserves and his life starts being good, then he looses his godparents. He loves them more than anything (and poof) 4laugh

I wonder if there would ever be an episode where Cosmo and Wanda fight for permanent custody of Timmy?

Dapper Gaian

Captain Dory
Adorable Evangelita
Captain Dory

Am I in the wrong here?

I wonder if there would ever be an episode where Cosmo and Wanda fight for permanent custody of Timmy?

I hope not. That means they are divorced....my money's on cosmo
Yes I do. It's no wonder Timmy is such a shallow, short sighted, mean spirited kid with very few good qualities when he has parents who are unable to teach him right from wrong, who are never there for him and leave him with the world's worst baby sitter. It's no wonder Timmy uses his Fairy's magic to ruin everyones lives by stopping time for fifty years, and is the worst god kid ever. It's his parents fault.

Yeah I don't like the character of Timmy Turner.

Timmy should lose his fairy's ten times over, all memory of them should be removed from his mind AND he should be taken away from his parents and made a ward of the state maybe then Timmy can develop into a decent person.

That is the best thing that can happen to Timmy and the world the show takes place in. Giving Timmy that kind of power is a horrible thing. We are constantly shown that he is the single worst god kid ever.

Dangerous Visionary

TBH that's kind of the sick joke of the whole series. Just like Spongebob (and really the Majority of Nick Toons) its a sadist show. So yeah his parents are a bunch of child abusive parents that SHOULD have many counts of child abuse, neglect, and endangerment brought up against them. Vicky needs to be locked up in a padded room somewhere but then again her parents are no better than Timmy's and UGH. Yeah I just had to stopped watching that show as a ECE Major and all. gonk
Miss-dark8607
TBH that's kind of the sick joke of the whole series. Just like Spongebob (and really the Majority of Nick Toons) its a sadist show. So yeah his parents are a bunch of child abusive parents that SHOULD have many counts of child abuse, neglect, and endangerment brought up against them. Vicky needs to be locked up in a padded room somewhere but then again her parents are no better than Timmy's and UGH. Yeah I just had to stopped watching that show as a ECE Major and all. gonk

Though Vicky's parents are bad for different reasons, they have no backbone. They allow their sixteen year old daughter to control them. Unlike Timmy's parents who are a lost cause they might be decent parents if they could just stand up to their daughter and set some rules.

Yeah the show is a sadist show in a bad was. Really these shows can be good if done right, I mean Dan vs is a Sadist show but it does it right.

Yeah I stopped watching Fairly Odd Parents a long time ago I give the show a chance every now and then but stuff like "Timmy's Secret Wish" show that this show has no hope any more.

Blessed Bilge rat

I think that is the point. He has fairies because his parents are just that terrible. I remember an episode in which Timmy was at the age where he was supposed to lose his fairies but got to keep them because of how bad they were.
If his parents weren't horrible there would be no point to the show.

Liberal Reveler

9,550 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I began to hate this show after awhile. Just because his parents for one reason and just the stupidity of it all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff