Welcome to Gaia! ::

he has bad parents
but you also see that
in a lot of cartoons to make
the kids look smarter

Dangerous Visionary

Creativerealms

Though Vicky's parents are bad for different reasons, they have no backbone. They allow their sixteen year old daughter to control them. Unlike Timmy's parents who are a lost cause they might be decent parents if they could just stand up to their daughter and set some rules.

Yeah the show is a sadist show in a bad was. Really these shows can be good if done right, I mean Dan vs is a Sadist show but it does it right.

Yeah I stopped watching Fairly Odd Parents a long time ago I give the show a chance every now and then but stuff like "Timmy's Secret Wish" show that this show has no hope any more.

Coming from an ECE POV Vicky's parents are just as bad as Timmy's since as you said they allow Vicky to just rule over them and everyone in that town when she's ONLY a TEENAGER! And that kind of no limit parenting is just as bad (and sometimes even worst) than the abusive jerk asses of Timmy's since its just even more wrap version of emotional abuse as parents like that really DO NOT care about their child at all and are so detatched that there's no real relationship there. Thus all the kids in that town need to be taking away as the adults are either abusive, no shows, or just allow their kids to be abused by other kids. (Even Tixie, AJ, Chester, that kid with the pimple or whatever, and yeah ALL OF THEM) It's kind of like that scene in Pinocchio when the kids turn into jackasses because there's no order. Hell maybe that's the inside sick joke. They all on that island from Pincochio and that
s why everyone's a jackass even the annoying baby fairy. Poof or puff or whatever the hell.

Man that show jump more than a shark... it ate it.
Miss-dark8607
Creativerealms

Though Vicky's parents are bad for different reasons, they have no backbone. They allow their sixteen year old daughter to control them. Unlike Timmy's parents who are a lost cause they might be decent parents if they could just stand up to their daughter and set some rules.

Yeah the show is a sadist show in a bad was. Really these shows can be good if done right, I mean Dan vs is a Sadist show but it does it right.

Yeah I stopped watching Fairly Odd Parents a long time ago I give the show a chance every now and then but stuff like "Timmy's Secret Wish" show that this show has no hope any more.

Coming from an ECE POV Vicky's parents are just as bad as Timmy's since as you said they allow Vicky to just rule over them and everyone in that town when she's ONLY a TEENAGER! And that kind of no limit parenting is just as bad (and sometimes even worst) than the abusive jerk asses of Timmy's since its just even more wrap version of emotional abuse as parents like that really DO NOT care about their child at all and are so detatched that there's no real relationship there. Thus all the kids in that town need to be taking away as the adults are either abusive, no shows, or just allow their kids to be abused by other kids. (Even Tixie, AJ, Chester, that kid with the pimple or whatever, and yeah ALL OF THEM) It's kind of like that scene in Pinocchio when the kids turn into jackasses because there's no order. Hell maybe that's the inside sick joke. They all on that island from Pincochio and that
s why everyone's a jackass even the annoying baby fairy. Poof or puff or whatever the hell.

Man that show jump more than a shark... it ate it.

You know I actually liked Poof at first. In the early Poof episodes the characters actually seemed improved, especially Timmy who for a little while seemed to be less of a spoiled brat. However it did not last long. Actually I blame Foop the anti Poof, once he shown up suddenly the characters got a hundred times worse.

Poof himself got worse and worse he started off as a "morality pet" which allowed for Timmy to be more responsible and mature but then started stealing all the episodes and became a Mary sue.

Yes this show has gone far beyond simply jumping the shark, honestly Secret Wish saw to that. Yeah my hatred for that special has no end.

Dangerous Visionary

Creativerealms

You know I actually liked Poof at first. In the early Poof episodes the characters actually seemed improved, especially Timmy who for a little while seemed to be less of a spoiled brat. However it did not last long. Actually I blame Foop the anti Poof, once he shown up suddenly the characters got a hundred times worse.

Poof himself got worse and worse he started off as a "morality pet" which allowed for Timmy to be more responsible and mature but then started stealing all the episodes and became a Mary sue.

Yes this show has gone far beyond simply jumping the shark, honestly Secret Wish saw to that. Yeah my hatred for that special has no end.

I haven't seen Secret wish or any of the "specials" I'm half tempted to watch it but eh. We agree on too many topics so if you hate it I probably won't be able to finish it. You know I'm starting to have a running theory about Nicktoons like the longer they are allowed to air the more sick and demented they get. IDK if that's just because the staff gets more and more disgruntled over time or what but its kind of sad.

Hilarious Smoker

4,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
I never liked his parents to begin with but the cartoon is ok

Fashionable Lunatic

â„œinny says: That's...kind of the point.

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Im Rinny
â„œinny says: That's...kind of the point.

It is, but remember Abra-Catastrophe? Timmy's parents saw how much their lying hurt Timmy, looked back at how much they had lied to him, and tried to stop lying to him so much. They grew as characters. My problem is the flanderization the both of them have gone through. All of their bad points are now their character, and any character growth has been thrown out the window.

Liberal Genius

I always found his parents to be hilarious, yea they're stupid and irresponsible but they always made me laugh with how stupid they are. It's just a cartoon neutral

Hilarious Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
They're hilarious. But I guess the reason Timmy even has fairy godparents is because of things like that.

Millionaire

9,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
If I do remember correctly, on a FOP movie, didn't they fire Vicky?!?
She's still babysitting him, obviously.

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

Honestly, I lost faith in that show right after the introduction of Poof.

Though, I never looked that much about the parents up until now.

I remember in the pilot, the parents weren't as bad as you thought would be, in fact you couldn't even see their faces (I kind of wish it was an actual running gag).

The mom I'm o.k. with. It's the dad that makes me want to punch his face.

-~-â—†-~-

Conservative Friend

4,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Yeah, I agree with you too! I don't watch it all the time but I noticed that too. That Timmy likes his faires better!

Hilarious Genius

8,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I think we are suppose to hate the parents and think they are just plain retards that should have never been allowed to procreate heart
Captain Dory
As I have seen the newer episodes of Fairly Odd Parents here, and there, I began to hate Timmy Turner's parents, not the fairies, his real human parents.

I mean no wonder the kid holds onto his fairies so dearly, his parents have basically become people who don't actually want to parent, and let their child run wild due to their negligence, and apathy. They only actually try to parent once they called out on their negligence, like in that episode with that "Bad Parent Hunter."

Not only that but they don't seem to even want Timmy. I understand they were honestly expecting a girl when they had him (hence the pink hat) but then there is the episode where it's "bring you child to work day," at Mr. Turner's workplace, a pencil factory. Timmy is excited of course but then his father pulls a completely d**k move, and hires some other kid to take to work with him because he doesn't want to be seen with his real child who had buck teeth.

Am I in the wrong here?
i honestly think that there is better things in the world to talk about than that lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff