Welcome to Gaia! ::

Will ALVINNN!!! and The Chipmunks be successful?

Yes 0.52 52.0% [ 13 ]
No 0.48 48.0% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 25 ]

Will this remake work? History sadly says it will fail. For example the Cartoon Network remakes of He-Man and Thindercats failed. I enjoyed the original cartoon and hope the remake does well. What do guys think? Will history repeat itself or will the 2015 release date for ALVINNN!!! and The Chipmunks be a success?

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
The original version was nice and the first remake was a hit-or-miss for me. We'll see how the second remake goes.

Headstrong Senshi

20,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Power Surge 50
  • Team Player 50
A remake to that cartoon?! That's a surprise, it could be good. I liked the differences in the original and the new ThunderCats cartoons. Personally I'd like a remake of Speed Racer.
Notorious Sailor Uranus
A remake to that cartoon?! That's a surprise, it could be good. I liked the differences in the original and the new ThunderCats cartoons. Personally I'd like a remake of Speed Racer.

They had a Speed Racer show on one of the Nick channels not too long ago... dunno if it was any good or even true to it's predecessor, though.

Headstrong Senshi

20,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Power Surge 50
  • Team Player 50
Salem Jones
Notorious Sailor Uranus

They had a Speed Racer show on one of the Nick channels not too long ago... dunno if it was any good or even true to it's predecessor, though.

Yeah I remember that but I don't remember if it lasted very long. I'd rather that it would be a remake of the series, not a sequel to it. I wanna see the Racer X updated.

Interesting Codger

2,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I'm not sure it's fair to compare an Alvin and the Chipmunks remake to the He-Man and Thundercats remakes. People just don't see to want to watch cartoons for action - comedy has a monopoly on Western animation. I'm more tempted to say that He-Man and Thundercats failed because they were action shows than because they were remakes.
WERE THE CHIMPMUNKS User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sparkly Capitalist

6,550 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
I don't think anything is going to keep this re-remake from failing hard. The movies already destroyed this franchise.

It will probably be a hit with kids who have never seen it before, but that won't last too long. There are a ton of other good cartoons out there that are original and good in their own ways. Sometimes nostalgia should just stay nostalgia.

Fused Member

4,900 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
Definitely
I truly dont believe that it will, not. I mean you can never really redo a classic and make it any better than it was before. Plus those chipmunk voices literally make me want to tear my ears off my head.
i hope they don't kill it. i don't see why they dont just bring the 90s version back

also is the new one actually gonna be animated or is it gonna be cgi
maiora premunt
I don't think anything is going to keep this re-remake from failing hard. The movies already destroyed this franchise.

It will probably be a hit with kids who have never seen it before, but that won't last too long. There are a ton of other good cartoons out there that are original and good in their own ways. Sometimes nostalgia should just stay nostalgia.

The success of children's animated tv shows rely a lot on related merchandise sales, like toys, snack food, comics, apparel and games. If kids aren't interested in the toys and other merchandise related to the a tv show, then that show will most likely get canceled.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff