Welcome to Gaia! ::

I really miss just coming home after school and just watching 'Samurai Jack' or the 'Power Puff Girls' or something. I have been going on YouTube and just listening the theme songs and looking at the openings ..
Does anyone else have this? What cartoons do you miss?
Oh man...I miss watching cartoons all the time. I loved a lot of the Disney channel stuff and the WB. I remember when Jackie Chan Adventures came out...that is the show I miss the most. So much fun and such an interesting concept. and Animaniacs...I adored that show when I was little! I still love it. Have the first three seasons on DVD.
Ah the 90's. Back when TV and cartoons were worth watching. I loved watching Nickelodeon, Disney channel, WB, and Cartoon Network when I was a kid.

My latest quest is to own and download every 90's cartoon and TV show I enjoyed. I currently own a good portion of my childhood on DVD. Still working on gathering a few more TV shows, anime, movies, and cartoons. Seems like it's a never ending quest sometimes lol.

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

I always love coming home to watch my favorite cartoons. 8 )

When I was middle School, Toonami would always start when I come home which is mostly Sailormoon and Dragon Ball Z.

Then when I was in Highschool, it was Yugioh, and Pokemon in KidsWB.

-~--~-
Saphy89115
Oh man...I miss watching cartoons all the time. I loved a lot of the Disney channel stuff and the WB. I remember when Jackie Chan Adventures came out...that is the show I miss the most. So much fun and such an interesting concept. and Animaniacs...I adored that show when I was little! I still love it. Have the first three seasons on DVD.

Oh yes. I loved the Jackie Chan Adventures it had everything humour, fantasy, action... And the ideas behind it were very original I thought. I think for me it kinda stood out from all the other shows...
MoonLite47
Ah the 90's. Back when TV and cartoons were worth watching. I loved watching Nickelodeon, Disney channel, WB, and Cartoon Network when I was a kid.

My latest quest is to own and download every 90's cartoon and TV show I enjoyed. I currently own a good portion of my childhood on DVD. Still working on gathering a few more TV shows, anime, movies, and cartoons. Seems like it's a never ending quest sometimes lol.

lol that's a big quest.Thought its something worthwhile I think, I much rather prefer the cartoons from back then than the crap they play these days and if I ever had children I would probably want them to watch some of the stuff I use to watch as a kid...
[Shewolf]

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

I always love coming home to watch my favorite cartoons. 8 )

When I was middle School, Toonami would always start when I come home which is mostly Sailormoon and Dragon Ball Z.

Then when I was in Highschool, it was Yugioh, and Pokemon in KidsWB.

-~--~-

Ha ha .. I remember back in the day when Sailor moon and dragon ball z was playing its like all the children in my neighbourhood were obsessed with it... You would not find one child outside in the afternoon playing cuz everyone would be watching it ..

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Rugrats
Yugioh
Beyblade
Wild Thornberrys
Captain Planet
Ren & Stimpy
SWAT Kats
Gargoyles
Aah! Real Monsters
Hey Arnold
The Weekenders
Dexter's Laboratory
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Arthur
Johnny Bravo
Daria
Ed, Edd n Eddy
Rocket Power
...I think I should stop now, ehehe.

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
klaudux

Ha ha .. I remember back in the day when Sailor moon and dragon ball z was playing its like all the children in my neighbourhood were obsessed with it... You would not find one child outside in the afternoon playing cuz everyone would be watching it ..

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

I guess back in my old days, it was really hard for me to actually see kids that would watch the same program as I do. sweatdrop

Sure I did meet some friends that would watch Pokemon and a few with Sailormoon, but that was about it...

Hard times where I use to live back then I guess. u_u

-~--~-

Feline Seeker

I remember this show about a purple dog and an old couple...Courage the Cowardly Dog.

His face when he got scared was always priceless.
[Shewolf]
klaudux

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

I guess back in my old days, it was really hard for me to actually see kids that would watch the same program as I do. sweatdrop

Sure I did meet some friends that would watch Pokemon and a few with Sailormoon, but that was about it...

Hard times where I use to live back then I guess. u_u

-~--~-

Really? I guess it may be because there was a lot of boys in my neighbourhood we all were obssesed with dragon ball z and collected posters and stickers from chewing gums.
Misirable
I remember this show about a purple dog and an old couple...Courage the Cowardly Dog.

His face when he got scared was always priceless.

Oh yeah I remember that show having this creepy atmosphere..
Courage is probably my favorite Cartoon Network original.

Anyway I have learned that while some of the shows I loved as a kid are indeed great shows others did not live up to the memories I had of them. Probably half the cartoons I loved when I was a little kid when I re-watched them I realized just how bad they were.

Nostalgia is a double edged sword.

Liberal Reveler

9,550 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Yikes, what 90s kid doesn't remember coming home to watch all these awesome shows. I used to watch Nikelodian and Cartoon Network all the time.
klaudux
MoonLite47

lol that's a big quest.Thought its something worthwhile I think, I much rather prefer the cartoons from back then than the crap they play these days and if I ever had children I would probably want them to watch some of the stuff I use to watch as a kid...

Haha yea. The only current cartoons I enjoy these days are GumBall, Adventure Time, and Korra. The rest I'm really not a fan of. As for my children, I'd want them to watch the same things I did too. I'm going to be an aunt soon so I'll see if my older brother's kid will enjoy the same cartoons we grew up with when it's old enough to watch cartoons.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff