Welcome to Gaia! ::

Creativerealms

Nostalgia is a double edged sword.

very true 3nodding

Dangerous Visionary

Creativerealms
Courage is probably my favorite Cartoon Network original.

Anyway I have learned that while some of the shows I loved as a kid are indeed great shows others did not live up to the memories I had of them. Probably half the cartoons I loved when I was a little kid when I re-watched them I realized just how bad they were.

^
This. I tried watching Bobby's world on Netflix and within two eps I wanted to rip my ears off and eat them. NO ME GUSTA NO!

Yeah I don't miss any of these shows since technically they I could BUY them, pirate them, watch them on Boomerang, or hell CN. So yeah people this is 2012 going on 2013 and if you are a kid of the 90's you should be able to work the internet and have a job? Why miss what can easily be found?

I swear a lot of you are just trapped in the early 90's and/or 00's. Probably still rocking Win 98. emotion_facepalm

Vicious Demigod

I remember coming home and watching DragonBall Z. That was really a big deal since most of my friends watched it religiously like me, haha.

Random thought: During middle school our school was redoing the bathrooms... so the art club decided to paint the old stalls until they installed the new ones. Dragonball Z is what we chose for the dude's bathroom. It was epic. biggrin

Other than that.... Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, Dexter's Laboratory, Rugrats, Wild Thornberries, and Hey Arnold were pretty big ones.
Foltztron
I remember coming home and watching DragonBall Z. That was really a big deal since most of my friends watched it religiously like me, haha.

Random thought: During middle school our school was redoing the bathrooms... so the art club decided to paint the old stalls until they installed the new ones. Dragonball Z is what we chose for the dude's bathroom. It was epic. biggrin

Other than that.... Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, Dexter's Laboratory, Rugrats, Wild Thornberries, and Hey Arnold were pretty big ones.

omg yes ... Damn those bathrooms must have been legendary blaugh
Miss-dark8607
Creativerealms

Anyway I have learned that while some of the shows I loved as a kid are indeed great shows others did not live up to the memories I had of them. Probably half the cartoons I loved when I was a little kid when I re-watched them I realized just how bad they were.

^
This. I tried watching Bobby's world on Netflix and within two eps I wanted to rip my ears off and eat them. NO ME GUSTA NO!

Yeah I don't miss any of these shows since technically they I could BUY them, pirate them, watch them on Boomerang, or hell CN. So yeah people this is 2012 going on 2013 and if you are a kid of the 90's you should be able to work the internet and have a job? Why miss what can easily be found?

I swear a lot of you are just trapped in the early 90's and/or 00's. Probably still rocking Win 98. emotion_facepalm

Its true , internet is good substitute but still at least for me its not quite the same...

Witty Genius

I miss static shock

User Image

first black super hero kid I ever heard of (besides the black green lantern)
Engi3Piece
I miss static shock

User Image

first black super hero kid I ever heard of (besides the black green lantern)

This makes me feel old. The first black Superhero I remember is Steel AKA John Henry Irons. Because I started reading comics during the Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen arc in the early ninties.

And I don't see the ninties as that long ago.

Dangerous Visionary

klaudux
Miss-dark8607
Creativerealms

^

Its true , internet is good substitute but still at least for me its not quite the same...

Then you buy the box sets from Amazon and watch it on TV via DVD. Then get mad because you find those shows don't live up to hype; because you are an adult now. Then maybe you feel that maybe its probably unfair to the youth of today as well as the creators of today to keep pushing all this nostalgic nonsense on EVERY channel that is made for the youth and creators of today. Personally, I really prefer Gravity Falls than watching Camp Lazlo as well as many of the newer series but then I'm a fan of animation in general and I'm really sad how much impending damage this nostalgic to the medium as well as to the audience. I don't know about any of you but I'm kind of glad the older generation wasn't like this when we were growing up. I would ******** hated seeing Cartoon Network forever filled with reruns of Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry, and all those cartoons from the 60's and 70's and only having PPG and Johnny Bravo to claim as something from my generation.

Food for thought people.

Conservative Friend

4,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I remember coming home from school to watch Scooby Doo, Yu Gi Oh, and many other 90s cartoons!

Demonic Sex Symbol

My cable has "Boomerang", which it has all of the old shows that we used to watch as children or the ones that our parents used to watch when they were children.

But I agreed. I used to watch Pokemon or Detention after school.

User Image

Loyal Girl

Here's a classic music video of The Chipmunk Adventure made before the early 1990's. I hope y'all like it. smile

jandersonjr
Here's a classic music video of The Chipmunk Adventure made before the early 1990's. I hope y'all like it. smile

Thanks for posting this biggrin

Loyal Girl

You're welcome. smile

Loyal Girl

Here's another musical from "The Chipmunk Adventure." I hope y'all like/love it! smile

jandersonjr
Here's another musical from "The Chipmunk Adventure." I hope y'all like/love it! smile

its cute 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces