Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
Kid Jak

I was always an art person mostly because of my love for the manga.

I used to follow the story line really closely, but then after they pretty much dropped the manga, I havent really kept up since most of the updates. I really need to reread everything and catch up again.

When the vampired my fave NPC that also put me off a bit emo Still I dont hold it against him.

Well, todays a day off, so time to go make the most of (Heading out for a walk, probally about 4 hours give or take) then come home and workout. Probally will reply again in about 5.5 hours give or take (If you are around or not).

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
gdapw
Kid Jak

I was always an art person mostly because of my love for the manga.

I used to follow the story line really closely, but then after they pretty much dropped the manga, I havent really kept up since most of the updates. I really need to reread everything and catch up again.

When the vampired my fave NPC that also put me off a bit emo Still I dont hold it against him.

Well, todays a day off, so time to go make the most of (Heading out for a walk, probally about 4 hours give or take) then come home and workout. Probally will reply again in about 5.5 hours give or take (If you are around or not).

no problem have a good walk

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
Kid Jak

Cheers only ended up being 3.5 hours, decided to take a different route than I thought I would when I left. Only walked about half the distance I initially set out for (Walked about 6km), but definitly feel as tired as walking what I had set for.

Though I was following a river valley, boulder hoping, lots and lots of river crossing, and some bouldering.

User Image

This was the typical crossings/sections for the first half

User Image

Then sections like this crossings came to be about belly button deep

User Image

Lots of boulder hopping.

User Image

Then finally sections like this well, I went about shoulder deep to get to a place to take this photo. But under those falls it was well and truely over my head (And Im about 6"2). And even if I could get to them they were still taller than me, so had to give up at that stage.

Still a pretty nice walk ^_^

Though tiring enough to give myself a rest before doing my real workout ^_^

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
gdapw
Kid Jak

Cheers only ended up being 3.5 hours, decided to take a different route than I thought I would when I left. Only walked about half the distance I initially set out for (Walked about 6km), but definitly feel as tired as walking what I had set for.

Though I was following a river valley, boulder hoping, lots and lots of river crossing, and some bouldering.

User Image

This was the typical crossings/sections for the first half

User Image

Then sections like this crossings came to be about belly button deep

User Image

Lots of boulder hopping.

User Image

Then finally sections like this well, I went about shoulder deep to get to a place to take this photo. But under those falls it was well and truely over my head (And Im about 6"2). And even if I could get to them they were still taller than me, so had to give up at that stage.

Still a pretty nice walk ^_^

Though tiring enough to give myself a rest before doing my real workout ^_^

I am 5' so I rather not think about the depth though that reminds me of the place I grew up in summer. seems like it was a good walk ^_^

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
Kid Jak

I am 5' so I rather not think about the depth though that reminds me of the place I grew up in summer. seems like it was a good walk ^_^

Yeah no doubt some of the crossings I did would have been over your head then XD. But yeah it was good, didnt see any other people (well after the first 10 mins getting to where the track goes past it). And only banged myself up a lil bit, as well as only losing my pack downstream once XD.

Twas pretty fun really.

Nice, may I ask where you grew up?

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
gdapw

Yeah no doubt some of the crossings I did would have been over your head then XD. But yeah it was good, didnt see any other people (well after the first 10 mins getting to where the track goes past it). And only banged myself up a lil bit, as well as only losing my pack downstream once XD.

Twas pretty fun really.

Nice, may I ask where you grew up?

In the mountains of western Pennsylvania spent every summer camping and biking.

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
Kid Jak

Nice, I have recently moved to living in a National Park in NZ. (though its only 1.5 hours away from where I grew up).

But I am trying to explore a lot more of it on my days off. I kinda need to since its my job to awnser questions on the park and such pretty much most of the day...

Of course I would pretty much never recomend anyone go up a river valley like I did (alone). If the person seemed experienced at river crossings, and scramblings, then I could suggest it, but still only with someone else with them...

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
gdapw
Kid Jak

Nice, I have recently moved to living in a National Park in NZ. (though its only 1.5 hours away from where I grew up).

But I am trying to explore a lot more of it on my days off. I kinda need to since its my job to awnser questions on the park and such pretty much most of the day...

Of course I would pretty much never recomend anyone go up a river valley like I did (alone). If the person seemed experienced at river crossings, and scramblings, then I could suggest it, but still only with someone else with them...

At the very least tell me you have a GPS locator with you encase of accident. But that sounds liek a great place to get away from it all.

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
Kid Jak

At the very least tell me you have a GPS locator with you encase of accident. But that sounds liek a great place to get away from it all.

I should take out the staff EPIRB, but I didnt really expect to go off track when I left home.

Nah if I messed up, I would be pretty screwed. But I dont do anything I dont feel comfortable with. (And outdoor risk assesment is part of the training I have done). I did carry at least enough cals to be comfortable for overnight if I had to, and am comfortable with building emergency shelter. Also the valley dosent go too far off a nearby road, so even though you cant see or hear the road in the valley, you arent really more than a couple hundred meters away from it. I do also have a emergency whilstle that would most likly echo around if I needed to draw attention to myself. As well as some other things which I could use in certain emergency situations.

I tend to keep a bunch of stuff in my backpack just in normal situations.

But yeah still going where I did alone, I wouldnt recomend, even though I am confident.

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
gdapw

I should take out the staff EPIRB, but I didnt really expect to go off track when I left home.

Nah if I messed up, I would be pretty screwed. But I dont do anything I dont feel comfortable with. (And outdoor risk assesment is part of the training I have done). I did carry at least enough cals to be comfortable for overnight if I had to, and am comfortable with building emergency shelter. Also the valley dosent go too far off a nearby road, so even though you cant see or hear the road in the valley, you arent really more than a couple hundred meters away from it. I do also have a emergency whilstle that would most likly echo around if I needed to draw attention to myself. As well as some other things which I could use in certain emergency situations.

I tend to keep a bunch of stuff in my backpack just in normal situations.

But yeah still going where I did alone, I wouldnt recomend, even though I am confident.

Safety is job one after all accidents don't call a head or make appointments smile

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
Kid Jak

Safety is job one after all accidents don't call a head or make appointments smile

True that. I am a ranger in one of NZs most dangerous parks. We usually have about 30 search and rescues per year. So I am pretty cautious in all I do. I would hate to be that ranger, known as the person who took stupid risks after spending so long telling others how to avoid stupid risks.

Of course the places where the rescues happen are places I would never go without at least one other person, as well as leaving detailed plans, and carrying extra gear.

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
gdapw

True that. I am a ranger in one of NZs most dangerous parks. We usually have about 30 search and rescues per year. So I am pretty cautious in all I do. I would hate to be that ranger, known as the person who took stupid risks after spending so long telling others how to avoid stupid risks.

Of course the places where the rescues happen are places I would never go without at least one other person, as well as leaving detailed plans, and carrying extra gear.

Yeah no one wants to be that person LOL

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
Kid Jak

Yeah no one wants to be that person LOL

Yeah what ever you do, being caught out not doing that is always bad XD>

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
gdapw

I wish you much safety on your walks ^_^

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
Kid Jak
gdapw

I wish you much safety on your walks ^_^

Thanks. I would love to do more of the multiday hikes we have in the park, but sadly two days off a week isnt enough to do most of them emo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff