hatter 0.73898858075041 73.9% [ 453 ]
JACOB 0.061990212071778 6.2% [ 38 ]
BOTH 0.017944535073409 1.8% [ 11 ]
all of the above 0.050570962479608 5.1% [ 31 ]
LEAVE ME OUT OF THIS!!!! >:( 0.10929853181077 10.9% [ 67 ]
Total Votes:[ 613 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Mad Hatter and his Futterwacken
I can't believe how big a difference there is on the votes, that's just hilarious rofl

Shirtless Hunter

I think I dislike the people that vote Edward.
I'd vote for hatter anytime.

My fave hatter is the one from Syfy's Alice though.
I can't find either of then hot or sexy or attractive etc, neither do I have romantic or sexual feelings for either ( I think it's weird if you do....)

But Hatter is better as a character. He is originally well written in my opinion, tho we know nearly anything of his past.
MAD HATTER

Toothsome Phantom

XxRainflowerxX

No offense to SM and Twilight fans but Edward Cullen is a shallow character that doesn't have much of a personality. He's just there to be a "perfect" boyfriend.

I'm not really a Twilight fan, and I do agree that Edward is fairly shallow. However, I've read Twilight and I don't think Edward's purpose is to be a perfect boyfriend. Aside from being a literal monster, Edward is creepy and potentially abusive to his girlfriend. He's obsessively protective of her and constantly watches her; even as she sleeps (the ultimate violation of privacy). What is his initial reason for this? It's because he can't read her mind, like he reads everyone else's. The guy has a rather paranoid need to monitor everyone at all times. Oh, and of course he periodically must overcome his innate desire to violently kill the girl. He's not a perfect boyfriend, he's a serial killer who got bored.

Back on topic, I do like the mad hatter a lot in his many adaptations. Even the worst of them present him as intriguing and a bit mysterious. The thing is though, it's hard to compare the twp characters because Alice has so many adaptation, all with their own interpretation. If (god forbid) Twilight spawned a wide range of adaptations among different media, we could really analyze the subtleties between the two. But it hasn't, and we can't.

Dedicated Lunatic

17,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Over Easy 100
Lurker Shark
XxRainflowerxX

No offense to SM and Twilight fans but Edward Cullen is a shallow character that doesn't have much of a personality. He's just there to be a "perfect" boyfriend.

I'm not really a Twilight fan, and I do agree that Edward is fairly shallow. However, I've read Twilight and I don't think Edward's purpose is to be a perfect boyfriend. Aside from being a literal monster, Edward is creepy and potentially abusive to his girlfriend. He's obsessively protective of her and constantly watches her; even as she sleeps (the ultimate violation of privacy). What is his initial reason for this? It's because he can't read her mind, like he reads everyone else's. The guy has a rather paranoid need to monitor everyone at all times. Oh, and of course he periodically must overcome his innate desire to violently kill the girl. He's not a perfect boyfriend, he's a serial killer who got bored.

Back on topic, I do like the mad hatter a lot in his many adaptations. Even the worst of them present him as intriguing and a bit mysterious. The thing is though, it's hard to compare the twp characters because Alice has so many adaptation, all with their own interpretation. If (god forbid) Twilight spawned a wide range of adaptations among different media, we could really analyze the subtleties between the two. But it hasn't, and we can't.

Wow, that's a deep reply. I'm not sure I understand all you say :/

What does Alice have to do with the comparison of the two characters? (Which Alice...Alice Cullen or Alice from Alice in wonderland)

And I think you've misunderstood me and got the impression I thought Edward was the perfect boyfriend from my original post. No, my personal opinion about him mirrors yours, though I put that 'he was in the Twilight series just to be the 'perfect' boyfriend' in my post, because I thought that was how the tone of the story portrayed him, and his main purpose in the story is to be the perfect boyfriend. Not that I think he is, because as I said, all my thoughts to him are pretty much the same as yours, and I'm against him just like you are biggrin

Toothsome Phantom

XxRainflowerxX

Wow, that's a deep reply. I'm not sure I understand all you say :/

What does Alice have to do with the comparison of the two characters? (Which Alice...Alice Cullen or Alice from Alice in wonderland)

And I think you've misunderstood me and got the impression I thought Edward was the perfect boyfriend from my original post. No, my personal opinion about him mirrors yours, though I put that 'he was in the Twilight series just to be the 'perfect' boyfriend' in my post, because I thought that was how the tone of the story portrayed him, and his main purpose in the story is to be the perfect boyfriend. Not that I think he is, because as I said, all my thoughts to him are pretty much the same as yours, and I'm against him just like you are biggrin

Hmm, yes, I think I have misunderstood you then. xd
Ah, what the heck though. It was worth it just to write all that out- I sort of had fun picking the character apart. Just to clarify, when I said "Alice" I was just referring to the Alice in Wonderland story itself, not any particular character. It was too vague though; I apologize.

Dedicated Lunatic

17,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Over Easy 100
Lurker Shark
Ah, what the heck though. It was worth it just to write all that out- I sort of had fun picking the character apart. Just to clarify, when I said "Alice" I was just referring to the Alice in Wonderland story itself, not any particular character. It was too vague though; I apologize.

Oh now I get it! Yeah that's true, Alice in Wonderland does have many interpretations and adaptions biggrin
In fact, I decided to use Alice in Wonderland for this english assignment sometime last year, and my interpretation of it was that the wonderland was life, and the challenges faced in wonderland mirrored the challenges faced in life.
Btw, I quite liked talking to you through this forum topic, you seem like a nice level-headed person, friends?
(lol I just sounded creepy didn't I?)

Toothsome Phantom

XxRainflowerxX
Lurker Shark

Oh now I get it! Yeah that's true, Alice in Wonderland does have many interpretations and adaptions biggrin
In fact, I decided to use Alice in Wonderland for this english assignment sometime last year, and my interpretation of it was that the wonderland was life, and the challenges faced in wonderland mirrored the challenges faced in life.
Btw, I quite liked talking to you through this forum topic, you seem like a nice level-headed person, friends?
(lol I just sounded creepy didn't I?)

Oh, don't worry, you don't sound creepy. I quite liked talking to you too, actually.
That sounds like it would make a very interesting essay; I like the idea of it. I suppose that view could be applied to dreams in real life as well. Even though crazy things may happen, it's always connected to the dreamer's waking life. It would make sense for Alice's mind to construct a complicated metaphor for life's challenges.

Dedicated Lunatic

17,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Over Easy 100
Lurker Shark

Oh, don't worry, you don't sound creepy. I quite liked talking to you too, actually.
That sounds like it would make a very interesting essay; I like the idea of it. I suppose that view could be applied to dreams in real life as well. Even though crazy things may happen, it's always connected to the dreamer's waking life. It would make sense for Alice's mind to construct a complicated metaphor for life's challenges.

Mmm yeah, I agree.
And it wasn't an essay, the name of that assignment was 'Character Box', pretty much we had to bring a copy of the chosen book, and make three symbolic objects to do with the storyline of the book, and give a speech (about 2-3 minutes) about it.

Magical Bibliophile

15,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
Maki the random
well.....who do u choose?
i chose mad hatter whee
oh gee, i dunno, a brooding sparkling vampire or a tea & cake loving mad hatter? mad hatter of course

8,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
User Image

Hatter all the way! Why even bring Twlight into such a thing?! Twilight sucks.
yum_onigiri yum_tuna

User Image
Hatter! Most definitely. I don't care much for Twilight, to be honest. Yes, I've read all of the books. Yes, I've seen all of the movies. But when something huge is happening in a fandom I'm not in, it really irks me. I like Twilight for the action, not the romance. I think the Hatter is a better rounded and more in depth character than Edward. But that's just my opinion, and I respect anyone who picked Edward. 3nodding

Familiar Regular

4,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Why is Edward Cullen even an option on here?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff