Welcome to Gaia! ::

e.g. heart mad hatter + hate the weird thing at the end

Hot Rot's Prince

Hardened Member

12,200 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Object of Affection 150
I hated everything about it. I didn't like how they made Alice the "chosen one," didn't like the dialogue or the characters' backstories, didn't like the Jack of Hearts' CG body. And there's the futterwacken...ing? Dear god. Some of the costumes were cool and I liked the moat filled with severed heads but...that's about it. I've always been a Burton fan and adore Carroll's original books (so was looking forward to this film long before it was even announced) but this was such a disappointment. Thanks for bringing back the painful memories emotion_donotwant

Divine Sex Symbol

9,450 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
I hate that Alice had to leave
i heart the charactor of alice but crying The white whitch and her make-up and things. To be honst I'm quite eek of her xxx
i certainly didn't appeal to the mad hatter in this movie
I didn't like the dialogue or characters personalities much. Well, okay, I did like them. Quite a lot, actually. But now that I'm reading the book, the characters in the movie pale in comparison. The characters' behavior in the movie (especially the Hatter) made me go "Oh, okay. Clearly this character is supposed to be fun and quirky." But reading the characters in the book makes me go "Wow, they all seem so fun and mad! I'd love to be there!" Basically, the movie did a decent/acceptable job, but the book did a fantastic job.
i love how the movie was based on the biggest acid and shroom trip ;3
I ♥'ed the Cheshire cat.
I hated that he wasn't in it as much as I would have liked :'<
The Eccentric Lady M
I didn't like the dialogue or characters personalities much. Well, okay, I did like them. Quite a lot, actually. But now that I'm reading the book, the characters in the movie pale in comparison. The characters' behavior in the movie (especially the Hatter) made me go "Oh, okay. Clearly this character is supposed to be fun and quirky." But reading the characters in the book makes me go "Wow, they all seem so fun and mad! I'd love to be there!" Basically, the movie did a decent/acceptable job, but the book did a fantastic job.

I don't know how you can watch the movie then read the book.
The book is always better and the movie is never as good. That's why I wouldn't compare the two and just separate them in your mind.

4,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Generous 100
I love it! I mean, the original will always be great as well. But I mostly like this one because the March Hare is a lot funnier, which made him my favorite character.
I also love how many great actors took part in the movie (e.g. Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Alan Rickman). I'm also a admirer of Tim Burton; I love how all of his films are so whimsical and imaginitive. (:

Eloquent Streaker

xxBeautifulNightmareexx
i love how the movie was based on the biggest acid and shroom trip ;3
Actually, it's based off a mathemetician's subtle attempt to prove the absurdity of modern mathematics.

Eloquent Streaker

Honestly, it's not that great of a film. Then again the only Burton films that I've ever really enjoyed were the Batman films and Sweeney Todd.

And before someone asks me why I didn't like The Nightmare Before Christmas, it's not a Tim Burton movie.

Interesting Prophet

8,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
i liked it, it wasnt as bad as i originaly thought. i didnt like the white qureen but i loved the other characters.
It was ok...

3,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
i love everything! smile its magical.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers