6,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
AmUtO

~~~~~~~~~

User ImageUser Image

NOTE:
This is absolutely NOT me dissing Alice in any way. I love the old classic, and I love the new movie. Their both excellent, but I've noticed many people don't know the real meaning.

(Or an extremely probable one, that makes a lot of sense)

The true meaning behind Alice... Let's begin with the characters..

The Constantly Smoking Caterpillar: You know, smoking isn't a great habit.. specially not that much... not even for something blue.

The Mad Hatter: Please don't tell me you think he was born that way.. Something had to have been ... done ... to make him that way. Walking all over the 'dinner' table? Seriously.

(Characters will be continuing further soon...)

Basically, the movie was made about different drugs, and no, not promoting them. Showing you, or anyone else, just how mad one can become from drugs, and how bad of an idea they are.
User ImageUser Image

Micherru's Significant Otter

Dulcet Wench

18,965 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
~*~User Image~*~
Hatters used mercury in the treatment of the materials.
The mercury would poison them and cause insanity.
He's mad from mercury, not drugs.

And the caterpillar is smoking hookah, a flavored tobacco.
Personally, I think it tastes like black licorice.

All the characters in Alice in Wonderland were based on people Lewis Carroll and his real life Alice knew in real life.

~*~ We're all mad here. I'm mad; you're mad.~*~

Fashionable Lunatic

My opinion there IS no real meaning. People say he did drugs and wrote it . Others say Alice L. came up with the stories. No one seems to be able to get their story right.

I think AIW was simply created to be created. No special meaning behind it. It was just created to be enjoyed by many.
The madd hatter, the charter comes from the saying mad as a hatter which originated because of the hat-makers suffering from Korsakoff's syndrome due to handling mercury-contaminated felt. causing them to go well madd.. (get it)

Shy Rabbit

14,175 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Oh my word, I had my whole class talking about this very thing!!!
I love how the white rabbit is coke, so its funny when alice chases the rabbit, like a user trying to get a new fix....

Tasty Bachelorette

5,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Well, he was on drugs most of the time while writing Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass and what Alice found there.

Alice was actually a little girl that he had met and was inspired by her. When people had found this out, he was accused of being a Child Molester, but I think otherwise.
The Blue Caterpillar smoked out of a hooka, I believe. The point of that is that he was smoking. The Mad Hatter, on the other hand, inhaled mercury, making him go crazy. Mercury was used to stiffen hats, especially gentleman's hats.
Lewis Carol was not on drugs when he wrote this story. To create very intricate logical puzzles, and imagine a world and characters like that, he couldn't have been using drugs. His characters are not based on different types of drugs either. They're based on people in his life.

Shy Rabbit

14,175 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
mezair
Lewis Carol was not on drugs when he wrote this story. To create very intricate logical puzzles, and imagine a world and characters like that, he couldn't have been using drugs. His characters are not based on different types of drugs either. They're based on people in his life.

In my "modern folklord" class, they said that they were based on ppl he knew, but they were all addicts. And his only tried bud.....
How the hell do they learn that stuff???

Hallowed Treasure

12,900 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Survivor 150
Isn't AIW about telling kids to stop day dream or their lifes will pass them by? User Image
it was making fun of politics in some of the chapters. i think it was just a new way of looking at the world, from a child's point of view.

4,850 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
i'm pretty sure theres not just one meaning to AIW its kinda like an opinion because no one really knows the actual answer...
Lewis Carroll was not on drugs. He was however, a *****. He wrote the books to impress the little girl Alice Liddell. This is a proven fact, it's been published in various literature collections.
The books are a satire, social-commentary.

They're not about drugs.

Carroll, also-known-as Charles Dodgson was not a *****, though he did love Alice Liddell, but the allegations that he was sexually attracted to her are unkind and false. If he had, it would have shown up somewhere in the Alice books as she inspired the protagonist; however, Alice Liddell is supposed to have had romantic feelings for Charles Dodgson, but this is all just a rumor.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff