Welcome to Gaia! ::

I prefer the original book to both of them. But if I have to pick one: the SyFy version failed to suck me in. It just wasn't weird and out there enough for an Alice story imho. Tin man did a much better job of establishing Oz as a magical world.

The Burton version felt like Wonderland to me, but the story and characters in it failed to leave an impression. Then again, so did the ones from the SyFy version so in the end I like the Burton version better.

Divine Lunatic

29,475 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I liked both versions, though I only got to see part one of Alice on SyFy, I liked what I saw. I liked the futuristic version of Underland, seeing as a young, naive Alice called it 'Wonderland' upon her visit centuries before. The whole idea was awesome.

Tim's version of Wonderland/Underland was more based towards the second story of Alice's adventure in Underland. What she really saw while she was there. Which is much darker than the story we've been spoon fed by Disney years prior and the original story some of us had red to us in out childhood.

In short, I liked both and there's your depth on why.

Friendly Conversationalist

7,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image

hehe. emotion_kirakira

Distinct Vampire

7,300 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Erulastiel01
User Image

hehe. emotion_kirakira
Eeeep , Hatter heart I have Alice on DVD and I was watching it yesterday & in the end when Alice jumps into his arms & they kissed I literally burst into tears xD I do everytime :'3 Such a beautiful ending 3nodding & Andrew Lee Potts is so very beautiful 4laugh

Friendly Conversationalist

7,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
DanaDaggers
Erulastiel01
User Image

hehe. emotion_kirakira
Eeeep , Hatter heart I have Alice on DVD and I was watching it yesterday & in the end when Alice jumps into his arms & they kissed I literally burst into tears xD I do everytime :'3 Such a beautiful ending 3nodding & Andrew Lee Potts is so very beautiful 4laugh

I got it from the library the other day and LOVED it so I went to game
Xchange and found it for $5.00 and I had to buy it. I just watched it like two days ago and I cried when I thought they couldn't be together. I love that movie. Besides him being hot lol I prefer this version over Tim Burton which says a lot since I'm a big Tim Burton fan, but I love the story line and how it's a different version of Alice in Wonderland. smile

Moonlight Lover

13,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
I prefer SyFy's Alice. Mainly because of Andrew Lee Potts.

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
RadianceLindenOwl
SyFy's Alice was a very unique adaptation of the story (which I loved)
Also Tim Curry was the Dodo, so how can I say no?

Yes. Just. Yes.

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I think both are great.
Tim Burton. Because he does great adaptions of characters

Anxious Lunatic

I like them both.

I love the syfy version for its original story line, the way they drain "oysters" for emotion teas is just brilliant, but I do think some of the sets could of been a whole lot better.

and I loved Tim Burton's version, because well, it's Tim Burton. Everything he makes catches my interest. I will admit, it's the bright colors.

Magical Shounen

9,600 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I prefer Alice but I do enjoy Tim Burton.

Demonic Master

18,325 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I liked the disney cartoon, that was the s**t.

Tim Bertin's dark and edgy piece of s**t was... Really bland and made me feel like I need to take some anti-depressants.

The cartoon was trippy as ******** and very colurful and mysterious. Made me feel like taking some acid.

As far as anyone is concerned, acid>zoloft

Invisible Friend

Can I like both? owo While I do love more from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (the visuals, the way he portrayed and dressed the characters) I also loved the concepts in Syfy's Alice as well (the futuristic setting, selling bottled emotions, and the fact Hatter falls for Alice >w>) Really, what I liked about both was that they used references from Looking Glass well. Syfy's version seemed to focus more on that than anything, what with Alice arriving in Wonderland through the mirror, and running into the clumsy, inventive white knight. Tim Burton's including the Jabberwocky, as well as it's poem, and other creatures mentioned in Looking Glass (the crow and bandersnatch I believe?). A shame neither of them included the mock turtle, the wood where the creatures within forget, walrus and carpenter though (but I guess the Disney cartoon Alice and Alice games take care of some of those missing pieces <3) And yes, the Disney version was lovely as well. :'3

Divine Sex Symbol

9,450 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
The Tim Burton version is a lot better because of the all the effects

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers