Welcome to Gaia! ::

i havent seen it yet gonk going this weekend

Familiar Phantom

I just noticed last night, the moon looked like the smile of the Cheshire Cat...

I was amused.
I thought she was perfect.

Just because her expression of emotions was not loud and obnoxious does not mean they weren't there.

I think a lot of American audiences are too lazy to actually pay attention to the details of a film.

Watch the film again and remember to look into Alice's eyes.

The film was mostly CGI so it is an incredible challenge for an actor to work with and she managed to react to the imaginary environment very believably.

Doting Darling

14,350 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
She isn't British, she's Australian...

Also she was supposed to be mostly emotionless through out the film. That was the entire point. She needed to portray a somewhat distant, almost groggy sense of being in a place you don't believe exists. Almost like walking about in a trance.

Lucky Cat

Petite Aristocrat
She isn't British, she's Australian...

Also she was supposed to be mostly emotionless through out the film. That was the entire point. She needed to portray a somewhat distant, almost groggy sense of being in a place you don't believe exists. Almost like walking about in a trance.

Hence the loss of muchness. xd
Woodmere
I just noticed last night, the moon looked like the smile of the Cheshire Cat...

I was amused.

Thats no surprise.

Everything semi instresting amuses you Woodmere... burning_eyes
chihuahua0
Well, here's the example of emotions:

Angry about being engaged
Surprised while falling through rabbit hole.
Not wanting to sly the Jabberwocky
The dance scene burning_eyes

Besides that, she was a little flat. She won't get an Oscar, but Johnny Depp might get a nomination.
I doubt that this movie will get any nominations in the acting catigaory, It might get nominatied for costume, or set design. I somewhat rare for a movie that comes out early in the year to get nominated for best actor/ actress category. Which sucks, but still....

Doting Darling

14,350 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
Woodmere

I was amused.
But did you find the Hidden Mickey? There is always a hidden Mickey, and this film was no exception.
It's in the balcony scene with the Red Queen.
Her emotion is Blank?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Makes sense to me.
Both show little emotion for when they're on screen.
Woodmere

I was amused.

Cheshire Moons are indeed the best, aren't they?
yeah...
the same way bella from twilight acts
Andrea875
yeah...
the same way bella from twilight acts

To be honest I'm really not a fan of twilight anymore
but I have seen the movies and I do see that in Bella.
shes a horrible actress

Playful Pumpkin

10,400 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tipsy 100
Slaughter_Addicted
Never show any emotion thoughout the whole movie except blank?
I mean I the most she showed was A tinsy wensy little drop of anger.

Anyone else with me?

Well... Its not like there was much emotion to be held, anyway. Remember she "went round the bend" at a young age, so I kind of doubt she'd be used to showing emotion too much.
warbr1de
Maybe you weren't looking hard enough. British actors are quite odd...they are very well known for "not showing any emotion". But...if you know what you're looking for, it's there. The twitch of an eye...the inflection of a word. It's all there. Truly.

And I do believe that this has been said...but she had convinced herself it was a dream. One that she'd been having for YEARS. It would get a little redundant after a while, don't you think?

Seriously? Mia Wasikowska is Australian, not British. wahmbulance

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games