Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Generous 100
User Image
Say we can talk about the movie, but not the book. The book was a classic and i think it deserves a thread more than this film that i have no intention of seeing as movies based on books are rarely good.

Topics Appropriate for the Alice in Wonderland forum:

* Topics and discussions relating to Alice in Wonderland the movie, the characters, the animation, storyline, etc. This is purposefully being left open to generate interest and allowing for discussion.
User Image
I think where it says the storyline, that leaves it open for discussion on what the story line was MEANT to be. And don't see the movie. I wish I hadn't. Lewis Carroll is turning in him grave.
The movie isn't BASED off of the book. It's a completely new story, just think of it as Burton was using the characters.
Burton wouldn't sink down to the level of taking Carrol's book completely.

I do agree it's a classic and I own both the 1st and 2nd.

Generous Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Generous 100
User Image
Retro Sixx
The movie isn't BASED off of the book. It's a completely new story, just think of it as Burton was using the characters.

If it is not based off the book, he should not use the name alice in wonderland nor should he use the characters from the story.
User Image

Romantic Lover

12,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
User Image

»Ї ѕαω ўоυг flαġ ои țнє мαяьℓє αясh
ℓоѵє αїиț ѕомє кїи∂ оƒ ѵїсțояỳ αясн
їț’ѕ α соℓ∂ αи∂ їț’ѕ α ℓоиℓỳ нαℓℓєℓυїαн
нαℓℓєℓυїαн нαℓℓєℓυїαн нαℓℓєℓυїαн нαℓℓєℓυїαн

The book is better than what I was told about the movie... I am kind of scared to see the movie...

Shy Rabbit

14,175 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Retro Sixx

Uhm, I saw an eary interview where tim said he would NOT change alot in the story, to stay true to the works of Carrol.
I wish he really did, I belive I would have liked the movie much better.

Dangerous Pirate

12,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
Tim Burhton wanted to make his own version of Alice in Wonderland, a fan-based kind of sequel to the original. It wasn't based to be like the original just inspired by it. I quite enjoyed the movie. It helped bring back a lot of love toward Alice in Wonderland in my opinion and I hope it brings people to read the original story by Lewis Carroll and other stories based on the love for Alice in Wonderland. And Tim Burhton made his own version of the characters as well. They weren't like the original characters (which was intentional) and the world of Wonderland didn't look like any of the previous films based on Alice in Wonderland novel. If you keep comparing it to the original of course you're going to have distaste because it's not based upon the original; hence it should not be critiqued as a remake but it's own version. If you want to critique a film based on the original story then look to the first movie of Alice in Wonderland made by Disney.

razz

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces