Welcome to Gaia! ::

Explain. Because I need to know.

Friendly Seeker

LooKat

Well huh. It's the second most widely distributed and translated book ever, it has been remade hundreds of times, it is a brilliant story written decades ago... I see no reason for there NOT to be a sub-forum.

Vampire

Probably because of the same reason there is a lolita fashion thread running. Because it's popular!
AerieBelle
LooKat

Well huh. It's the second most widely distributed and translated book ever, it has been remade hundreds of times, it is a brilliant story written decades ago... I see no reason for there NOT to be a sub-forum.

Despite all of that, it's still not trendy (is that the word?). So I still don't understand. Besides, it took WEEKS for someone to even reply to my post. But maybe no one cares.

Friendly Seeker

LooKat
AerieBelle
LooKat

Despite all of that, it's still not trendy (is that the word?). So I still don't understand. Besides, it took WEEKS for someone to even reply to my post. But maybe no one cares.

Well I guess a big part is all the dang items on gaia based on it. I mean... My avi has a few and you can just search underland to see a bunch... It's trendy in the real world at least. I still see it in magazines all the time.
AerieBelle
LooKat
AerieBelle
LooKat

Well I guess a big part is all the dang items on gaia based on it. I mean... My avi has a few and you can just search underland to see a bunch... It's trendy in the real world at least. I still see it in magazines all the time.

Maybe I'm just not looking for it.

Hot Rot's Prince

Hardened Member

12,200 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Object of Affection 150
AerieBelle
LooKat

It was first published in 1865 (nearly 150 years ago!) and it has never been out of print since. Though The Hunger Games and the Alice books both deal with adolescence and the difficulties of growing up Carroll was able to present these themes in such a unique way that people continue to read them just to experience his masterly control of language. Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass have influenced the works of such disparate artists as Jefferson Airplane, Terry Gilliam and Salman Rushdie. Some of the nonsense words Carroll created have even found their way into modern parlance. The Alice books have stood the test of Time, and are still on the best of terms with him. The Hunger Games series, on the other hand, is just the next in a succession of Young Adult novels that become insanely popular for a while before eventually succumbing to the celebrity of their successors. However, seeing as there are still boards for Harry Potter and Twilight I'm sure we'll have one for Hunger Games soon enough.

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
User Image
User Image

Because when the Burton version came out in theaters, Gaia had an event for it. Therefore, a forum exists. I don't know why you would ask this in here and not in Site Feedback or Questions and Assistance, though.
Princess Mi Amore Cadenza
User Image
User Image

Because when the Burton version came out in theaters, Gaia had an event for it. Therefore, a forum exists. I don't know why you would ask this in here and not in Site Feedback or Questions and Assistance, though.

It's not like it matters where I post it. This forum is super dead.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff