Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Explorer

6,100 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
has any one read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Other Stories book. i want to buy the book but i'm not sure. what do you guys think about it.
User Image

Invisible Prophet

5,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
I have read it. The book is great. Alice in Wonderland, Through the Looking Glass, and the other tales are wonderful. If you liked the Disney Alice in Wonderland you will like the book.

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
It's very good, but difficult to really understand unless you read the annotations. Make sure your copy is annotated!!!

Liberal Genius

spooky_sez
It's very good, but difficult to really understand unless you read the annotations. Make sure your copy is annotated!!!

I agree, I have the annotated copy and it really helps, I prefer the classic tale over all the versions made of this story. The book is an even bigger trip than any film ever made, I love how in the book she is much smarter than the movies have made her seem ( although disney did capture that intelligence in her, the original version ) Also Alice is Brunette not Blonde but disney was aiming at creating the perfect little girl, I love how "Through the looking glass" it's a chess game and the story is played out like a chess game and of course "The White Knight" is the sweetest character from that book and it's the one character Alice says she will miss and that's cos he's suppose to represent Lewis Carrol himself. I love the book so much as you can tell lol

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
starsies
spooky_sez

I agree, I have the annotated copy and it really helps, I prefer the classic tale over all the versions made of this story. The book is an even bigger trip than any film ever made, I love how in the book she is much smarter than the movies have made her seem ( although disney did capture that intelligence in her, the original version ) Also Alice is Brunette not Blonde but disney was aiming at creating the perfect little girl, I love how "Through the looking glass" it's a chess game and the story is played out like a chess game and of course "The White Knight" is the sweetest character from that book and it's the one character Alice says she will miss and that's cos he's suppose to represent Lewis Carrol himself. I love the book so much as you can tell lol

I like the classic as well, but there's so much material for someone who wants to do their own version, so I'm always interested to see what other people have done. And Alice's hair is meant to be messy!!!
I love that TTLG is a chess game. It makes you feel... not 'uneasy' but... with the way the story jumps around with each move. It's pretty well done!

Winter Wraith's Compadre

Blessed Genius

6,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Yes! So very trippy.

But I enjoyed it =) I had read it during late high school.

Hilarious Explorer

6,100 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
awesome, thanks guys! i'm going to get on my birthday in couple weeks and the the Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales heart any comments on this book?
User Image

supreme noodles's Princess

Nebulous Duck

Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales is wonderful. I encourage you to read it.
Ugh, that edition of the book is sooo beautiful! It makes me wish I didn't already have a nice, fancy copy. This one is so much better.

Witty Hunter

8,050 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Voter 100
  • Friendly 100
I finished the first book a few weeks ago, and it was great! biggrin I'd definitely recommend reading it. It's very trippy and there's a lot of play on words, but I like that kind of stuff, so I enjoyed it.

Rainbow Fairy

I recommend you reading the classic first, then reading other versions of the story, so that you'll have reference to what's in the original tale and what's not.

Dangerous Lover

ASDKADJA. That copy! I've been looking for that copy with the magnificent cover for ages!

I have read Alice in Wonderland, Through the Looking Glass and other tales. I must say I am obsessed. A wonderful read for those who enjoy a bit of nonsense in their lives. :3

Magic Spirit

17,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
I haven't ready looking glass, but I have read Alice's Adventures
I remember really enjoying it since I finished it rather quickly
not sure why I can't get through looking glass...
I've read alice in wonder land!its a good book wink
im gunna read it on my ipod after im done with this other book, then im gunna try and find grimms fairytales too smile heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff