Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who else read Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass when they were younger? It seems that some people think it's too long for children but I read it when I was in fourth grade and really enjoyed it. So when did you read it for the first time?
I read both of them at least once a week ^^
I still have the book from ten years ago. Loved that book.

Winter Wraith's Compadre

Blessed Genius

6,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Read it a few years ago after graduating high school. Saw it at the public library, got curious.
My mom used to read them to me when I was little. biggrin

Lonely Explorer

I read it some time in elementary school.

7,050 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
first time I heard it was when I was about 6 years old and grandma read it to papa and I when we were on our way to Mississippi on a vacation in the spring. she read it to us in the car it was about a 2 day trip so we had the time to listen. lol

Dangerous Raider

2,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
i have never read it but would love too as my friends call my hatter since I have so many hats rofl

Wicked Cat

57,600 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
I most certainly did.

Fashionable Friend

5,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
Yes! I've also read it to both of my daughters who love it! yum_puddi

Ruthless Gekko

I read it when I was little, but I read everything I could get my hands on when I was little. There is no such thing as a book that is too long! (coming from someone who read the harry potter series in a week)

Fashionable Gaian

4,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Lol.. i still have that book and i think i read it a hundred times
when i was 5 or 6 ... best story ever .. heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart

Friendly Genius

5,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Person of Interest 200
Let me share you my experience...
Ever since I was a little kid (because my name's actually Alice) they showed me the movies and my mother speaked about the book to me. She said perhaps I was meant to be just as rare xD
So when I turned 7 she gave me my first book, and I hated to read because back in that time I liked other things more, I used to get distracted easily, so reading became a punishment for me until at the age of 9 I finally started loving it and actually asking for books.
So I read them all! Harry Potter, Alice in Wonderland and many others, used to last a week in a book like that and somehow even when I was little for me was easier to find how Alice in Wonderland's world wasn't as crazy because for me the white bunny was my own family running every morning, and sometimes this adults' attitudes were so alike, unconciously I understood how deep the author went in our real world.
So I don't think they're too much for children, I actually think they're right for a mind that is still fresh and not so square, now, at the age of 22, I believe it's fantastic to introduce children to books, to make them imagine and think about the stories. heart
The Book Is Freaking Amazing XD
I first read it when I was 12. I had grown up loving the movie and my nana had this huge book that has the author's complete works. He has so many good poems.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff