Welcome to Gaia! ::

ok my opinon of alice in wonder land is it is so horible i did not like one sec of that movie at all it was the worst movie i have ever saw if you have opions or coments plz blog no bad blogging plz stressed

Ladykiller

I am just copying my responses from other topics as to not waste time writing the same exact thing:

Of course Disney butchered the books. It is hard not to, but it was still entertaining and wonderful. The visuals were great, it still had the majority of the storyline, and I am fine with the liberties Tim Burton took. The Mad Hatter is a pretty key character in the books. And I really do not feel that he took the spotlight in the movie. Sure, a lot of the story had him in it, but it was because you were hearing the destruction of Wonderland from him. Alice was still the main character. And I'd say this butchering was more like a carving. Tim Burton Carved the story into his version of it. People are allowed to interpret the stories how they like, hence the first movie. The second was more of a continuation of the '51 movie than the second book.

I loved this movie. Loved it. The pacing was slow, but not uninteresting. It was a build up and gave parts of the story up as it went along. The last half hour, although still good, had a quicker pace. I think if they drew the ending out a bit more if would have done better for overall pacing. I did not find the ending violent like others have=thought. I think the people who think it is too violent are expecting a childish Disney movie (not to say this is not bad, I love all of the animated movies thus far). I mean, really? The entire second book is a war. Now, as anyone knows, they did take a bunch of liberties with the storyline. They made the Red Queen a hybrid of the Red Queen and the Queen of Hearts. I am glad they made the White Queen her sister or it would have thrown it off a bit. Also happy they made it cards versus chess, it makes it a smaller change from the book. I do like that it is more the second book, but still a continuation to the first movie. It makes so much more sense if you think of Disney's first movie and not the books. I do wish they had more of a flashback. Little Alice was sooooo adorable.

:]
Hmm going to watch it tonight, so far i've heard ALOT of bad reviews, I think im just going to watch it for the casts... i love all the actors in there... razz
independent_xoxo
Hmm going to watch it tonight, so far i've heard ALOT of bad reviews, I think im just going to watch it for the casts... i love all the actors in there... razz
yeah but it's a good movie.

Hilarious Lover

5,450 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Cleric 100
~Love Will Tear Us Apart~
I am just copying my responses from other topics as to not waste time writing the same exact thing:

Of course Disney butchered the books. It is hard not to, but it was still entertaining and wonderful. The visuals were great, it still had the majority of the storyline, and I am fine with the liberties Tim Burton took. The Mad Hatter is a pretty key character in the books. And I really do not feel that he took the spotlight in the movie. Sure, a lot of the story had him in it, but it was because you were hearing the destruction of Wonderland from him. Alice was still the main character. And I'd say this butchering was more like a carving. Tim Burton Carved the story into his version of it. People are allowed to interpret the stories how they like, hence the first movie. The second was more of a continuation of the '51 movie than the second book.

I loved this movie. Loved it. The pacing was slow, but not uninteresting. It was a build up and gave parts of the story up as it went along. The last half hour, although still good, had a quicker pace. I think if they drew the ending out a bit more if would have done better for overall pacing. I did not find the ending violent like others have=thought. I think the people who think it is too violent are expecting a childish Disney movie (not to say this is not bad, I love all of the animated movies thus far). I mean, really? The entire second book is a war. Now, as anyone knows, they did take a bunch of liberties with the storyline. They made the Red Queen a hybrid of the Red Queen and the Queen of Hearts. I am glad they made the White Queen her sister or it would have thrown it off a bit. Also happy they made it cards versus chess, it makes it a smaller change from the book. I do like that it is more the second book, but still a continuation to the first movie. It makes so much more sense if you think of Disney's first movie and not the books. I do wish they had more of a flashback. Little Alice was sooooo adorable.

i really agree with all of what you've written^^
I completely agree that the original disney movies are better but the directors are trying to capture that same magic that was there when it came out but you can't help that they want to put their own spin on things.
i think the new one looks really trippy and i would love to see it whether it's good or bad

2,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Wall Street 200
it sucked hardcore mad
I think the second movie of Alice and Wonderland was okay. I think it should have more improving but it was a great movie to watch with my family! Besides 3D was great! XD
i think that alice in wonderland is great, it may not have been exactly like book but it made it up with the cool effects, the characters and the plot. i love how they made the red queen and the hatter.

Fashionable Fatcat

~Love Will Tear Us Apart~

Agreeed!

Ladykiller

Yay, glad people agree with me. I just find it ridiculous when people go into the movie expecting something they want to happen and getting all hissy when it doesn't happen. Of course they couldn't meet everyone's expectations, they are not mind readers nor do they have to cater to your preferences. If you really want it to be a certain way, do it yourself.

Ladykiller

Bboy_Insayn
anoiying

ಠ_ಠ

Your spelling is annoying.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers