Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which person would you like to see Finn with?

Princess Bubblegum 0.31730769230769 31.7% [ 33 ]
Flame Princess 0.5 50.0% [ 52 ]
No one. A true adventurer needs no woman. 0.18269230769231 18.3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes:[ 104 ]
1 2 3 >

Dangerous Lover

7,875 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
User Image "Death lies on her, like an untimely frost..."

Vote and Discuss?

"...Upon the sweetest flower of all the field." User Image

Dapper Loiterer

Why do these kinds of threads keep appearing? gonk Geez....
I'm still going to reply though since it's an actual discussion thread, not some "bash the other female" thread. x.x;

It kind of depends on your view I guess. Physically, the obvious choice in PB, considering FP tends to burn Finn. Not her fault in the slightest, but it's still a factor. But a factor that could officially be called "ruled out" because of Finn's discovery of Flame Shield.
Honestly, I think FP is the better option. Not JUST because I love them together. I think I ranted about this before in this thread, but it's not ONLY Finn we should be thinking about here. It takes two to tango, and two to maintain a healthy relationship. From FP's view, we can see a lonely girl who just started to explore a brand new world. She has very little knowledge of it, and I love the fact that Finn would be there to help her learn and grow as a person. Not to mention direct her away from the path of evil, as her father continues to pull her back. And looking at Finn's view, there's this princess that REALLY cares about him, and he REALLY likes her back, and really wants to change her and make her a better person. He's not JUST in it for the relationship, he's in it for HER as well. To help her experience Ooo. Even if that means defying nature... I think that's what I REALLY like about their relationship.

Now my thoughts on PB and Finn. I honestly used to ship them, but fell out of it when I realized how rough it is. In fact Finn getting into a relationship would almost be more impossible then being with FP. With FP he has to brave the elements. There's pain yes, but there's that strong love between them both, and absolutely no confusion. Meanwhile PB and Finn play this sort of "cat and mouse" game; PB let's Finn get closer, then moves away. Rinse, repeat. PB DOES like him, NOT as a lover, but as a friend. Not to mention they have COMPLETELY different goals i life; he's Hero of Ooo, and she's ruler of the Candy Kingdom. If royalty works anything like it does in our past history, marrying PB would force Finn to move into the Candy Kingdom and technically be tied to them. He would become their King, or at least large royal figure, and would have HUGE responsibilities along side PB. He wouldn't be able to call himself "Hero of Ooo" anymore, since he would have to stay completely affiliated with the Candy Kingdom: their enemies are his enemies. He couldn't run around and kick monster butt, or go looking for treasure; he would mostly have to stay in the Candy Kingdom and take care of Royal responsibilities. How is this different then his relationship with FP? Simple: Flame King believed that Finn was a Prince, thus "gave his daughter away" to him. She wouldn't end up as the next heir to the Flame Throne; instead she would rule whatever "Kingdom" Finn had. Meanwhile it would be a reversed situation with PB. Their futures go separate ways, and would greatly conflict if they married. PB HAS to rule her kingdom, and Finn CAN'T stay restricted to the Candy Kingdom. He's the savior to ALL of Ooo. Meanwhile FP is free to do as she wishes, since technically speaking she's not the "Flame Princess" anymore, so Finn isn't tied down nearly as much as he would be with PB.

..... I hope this all made sense ; A;'' I have a lot of thoughts on the matter.

3,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Kimi Doodles

Why do these kinds of threads keep appearing? gonk Geez....
I'm still going to reply though since it's an actual discussion thread, not some "bash the other female" thread. x.x;

It kind of depends on your view I guess. Physically, the obvious choice in PB, considering FP tends to burn Finn. Not her fault in the slightest, but it's still a factor. But a factor that could officially be called "ruled out" because of Finn's discovery of Flame Shield.
Honestly, I think FP is the better option. Not JUST because I love them together. I think I ranted about this before in this thread, but it's not ONLY Finn we should be thinking about here. It takes two to tango, and two to maintain a healthy relationship. From FP's view, we can see a lonely girl who just started to explore a brand new world. She has very little knowledge of it, and I love the fact that Finn would be there to help her learn and grow as a person. Not to mention direct her away from the path of evil, as her father continues to pull her back. And looking at Finn's view, there's this princess that REALLY cares about him, and he REALLY likes her back, and really wants to change her and make her a better person. He's not JUST in it for the relationship, he's in it for HER as well. To help her experience Ooo. Even if that means defying nature... I think that's what I REALLY like about their relationship.

Now my thoughts on PB and Finn. I honestly used to ship them, but fell out of it when I realized how rough it is. In fact Finn getting into a relationship would almost be more impossible then being with FP. With FP he has to brave the elements. There's pain yes, but there's that strong love between them both, and absolutely no confusion. Meanwhile PB and Finn play this sort of "cat and mouse" game; PB let's Finn get closer, then moves away. Rinse, repeat. PB DOES like him, NOT as a lover, but as a friend. Not to mention they have COMPLETELY different goals i life; he's Hero of Ooo, and she's ruler of the Candy Kingdom. If royalty works anything like it does in our past history, marrying PB would force Finn to move into the Candy Kingdom and technically be tied to them. He would become their King, or at least large royal figure, and would have HUGE responsibilities along side PB. He wouldn't be able to call himself "Hero of Ooo" anymore, since he would have to stay completely affiliated with the Candy Kingdom: their enemies are his enemies. He couldn't run around and kick monster butt, or go looking for treasure; he would mostly have to stay in the Candy Kingdom and take care of Royal responsibilities. How is this different then his relationship with FP? Simple: Flame King believed that Finn was a Prince, thus "gave his daughter away" to him. She wouldn't end up as the next heir to the Flame Throne; instead she would rule whatever "Kingdom" Finn had. Meanwhile it would be a reversed situation with PB. Their futures go separate ways, and would greatly conflict if they married. PB HAS to rule her kingdom, and Finn CAN'T stay restricted to the Candy Kingdom. He's the savior to ALL of Ooo. Meanwhile FP is free to do as she wishes, since technically speaking she's not the "Flame Princess" anymore, so Finn isn't tied down nearly as much as he would be with PB.

..... I hope this all made sense ; A;'' I have a lot of thoughts on the matter.

This
by all means
this
Kimi Doodles
User Image
bubblegum would be a much better person for finn he can hold her and kiss her rather then having to bundle up or get burned

Dapper Loiterer

Rabid Hampters

This
by all means
this
Kimi Doodles
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Waa thank you!
This show gives me WAY too many feels.

3,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Kimi Doodles
Rabid Hampters

This
by all means
this
Kimi Doodles
User Image

Waa thank you!
This show gives me WAY too many feels.

you are perf
you are quality

Cmdr_40K's Wife

Doting Darling

14,250 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hesitant Participant 100
  • Married 100
I like FP and Finn together because she actually appreciates the things he does for her. They are both the same age and have the same mindset whereas PB is older and doesn't really understand how Finn thinks half of the time.

Dangerous Lover

7,875 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

I know I'm totally late at posting a thread like this.
I don't go on the forums often.

I don't think Peebles is good for Finn only because of the fact she is incredibly wishy-washy. One second she acts like she does have feelings, the next she's shooting him down. there's only so much of that a little boy's heart can take. I know her reason (her rank and responsibilites) can be seen as understandable, but really, love can be considered more important on an emotional level. And about her being "too old"....Finn, from what I can tell, is one of the very few males left in Ooo after the Mushroom War. He's also one of the most...biologically eligible. He's fourteen, and Bubblegum is 18. That's not very bizzare or unheard of looking at some of the people who fall in love at this day and age.

I like Flame princess because she's innocent and still learning, just like Finn. People who argue about her hurting him physically need to recognize two things: the fact Finn is an adventurer, and things injure him less...and obviously the introduction of Flame Shield. I think Finn is just the person to get rid of any evil she may have left in her (I theorize there musn't be much because she clearly resents her father locking her away). I'm just going to sit here and hope she doesn't ACTUALLY hurt him like Bubblegum has.

5,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I'm Shy, and so quiet.

Flame Princess actually likes Finn and shows it.
But I voted for Bubblegum because she is smart and not on fire.

but I still got some attitude.

Please click ^^
I'll click yours!

Clean Sweetheart

8,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
heart heart heart

Dapper Loiterer

the Omelet Machine

I know I'm totally late at posting a thread like this.
I don't go on the forums often.

I don't think Peebles is good for Finn only because of the fact she is incredibly wishy-washy. One second she acts like she does have feelings, the next she's shooting him down. there's only so much of that a little boy's heart can take. I know her reason (her rank and responsibilites) can be seen as understandable, but really, love can be considered more important on an emotional level. And about her being "too old"....Finn, from what I can tell, is one of the very few males left in Ooo after the Mushroom War. He's also one of the most...biologically eligible. He's fourteen, and Bubblegum is 18. That's not very bizzare or unheard of looking at some of the people who fall in love at this day and age.

I like Flame princess because she's innocent and still learning, just like Finn. People who argue about her hurting him physically need to recognize two things: the fact Finn is an adventurer, and things injure him less...and obviously the introduction of Flame Shield. I think Finn is just the person to get rid of any evil she may have left in her (I theorize there musn't be much because she clearly resents her father locking her away). I'm just going to sit here and hope she doesn't ACTUALLY hurt him like Bubblegum has.

I completely agree. ^_^ With everything.

And about the age thing, I don't even take that as a factor anymore. I mean yeah, they DO have a larger age group but I've seen bigger in cartoons (I've seen a married couple with 16 years between them). Plus there are countries all over the world that have legal adult ages of 16 years old. I believe there are still some cultures that go as low as 13 as well. User Image We really don't know how the laws of that sort of thing works in Ooo.
And like you said, we really DON'T see very many males around PB's age. I mean there's the Duke of Nuts but he's married, and Flame King who's... well.... evil. I actually never noticed that before. xD

Original Millionaire

What the smart people said.

Lupine Cub

15,100 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
A lot of people can say that PB is better for him for a lot of fantastic reasons.
And same goes for him being with FP.

But i'm not that smart so i'm just gonna say a few things.
While finn is only 14 and PB being 18 they can't really be together because of age, plus PB had always thought of him as a little brother and hero, not really romantic at all.
She's even shown her not accepting his feelings. Hot to the touch She clearly said, "Don't be weird." When he was gonna lay on her lap.

And then with FP.
She's made of fire and could very easily give him 3rd degree burns if she let herself get carried away.
Yes there's the flame protection spell, but they didn't even make it that much of a big deal in the episode where they go get FP's candles. We haven't even seen finn use it till that point.

Besides we also don't know how long both PB and FP will live for. And finn's just a human, so he'll grow old and die.

Wow i'm sorry for being a downer omfg.

Mystical Shoujo

30,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Rabid Hampters
OMFG...Your siggy...
User Image

ZA3B0S's Waifu

Sexy Garbage

PB is in love with Marceline anywayyyyy whee