Welcome to Gaia! ::

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
..time for repetitive emotional character development and forced plot lines?

--just some times but more than often lately.

When was the last time Finn and Jake went on a real adventure -together-?
Two in a row now, Jake sat at home while finn was out having not really adventure anyway.
On the flip side, we've seen a bunch where it was just jake..

When they do have almost adventures, its more of awkwardly weird sort-of-quests than serious 1st season style adventures..

I like the character development episodes too but it becomes boring to me if that's all they do anymore..

I know Finn is 'growing up' and what not but he's not as fun and the show kind of feels like its slowly dieing out. Slowly as in a few more years probably but its not the same.. makes me sad. I'll keep watching but I hope they kick it up a notch and get back to the good stuff at least 1/2 of the time..

Opinions?

thewookieempire's Girlfriend

Bashful Flatterer

7,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Flatterer 200
I totally agree with you, but I like how they are moving deeper into the plot of the whole series, instead of creating episodes with random adventures that don't fit in with the whole story.

Though, it would be great to do some funny adventures again. There's always room for those.

Questionable Friend

Agreed! I mean, whenever I see "the Enchiridion" from season 1, I get super nostalgic, and begin to think about the episodes now. I mean, I don't mind any dark plots or anything (I'm kinda immune to that kind of stuff xD ), but whenever I see just the bros hanging out, having fun, and going on an adventure in that episode with random laughs and stuff, I really miss it. I understand that its been already five seasons and we haven't gotten much of the answers we want like "Who's Susan Strong?" or "Who was that pink blob in Simon & Marcy?" or "What about the Great Mushroom War?", so they're probably getting into much more plot, but I mean, some comical episodes could be allowed. A lot of the episodes have been really deep lately, and I just really want something to lighten the mood.

Interesting Codger

2,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
The MO factory. That episode was an adventure, with both Finn and Jake (and BMO was along for the ride, as well), it was funny, AND they fit in some plot/character development.

The Sky Witch was an adventure, though with PB and Marceline rather than Finn and Jake. It was more focused on development and drama than on comedy like the older adventure episodes, though.

Devoted Husband

8,425 Points
  • Married 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50

4,150 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Trader 100
  • Junior Trader 100
1:10 pm ;3 opps 1:11
tl;dr "i dont like plot"

Quick Reply