Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mayor Gravity
JJmyster22
Mayor Gravity
JJmyster22
Who agrees this show should NOT be on CN for kids?

The first show I ever saw was of a cow stalking the two no matter what they did. It scarred me -_-
I think it's just fine for kids

Yes, but when do you start being a kid?
I don't understand the question, but I'm almost 20

Oh, I'm not sure I can explain. Never mind.

Beloved Prophet

11,500 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Object of Affection 150
JJmyster22
Caption Kiya
Try comparing shows and kid movies today with what it was when you where a kid. For me, I was a 90's kid. I had Bambi, Land before Time, Cinderella, Invader Zim, Rin and Stimpy,, Rocko's Modern Life, ext. So I had Death, Death, Evil step mothers and run aways. I dont need to explain the cartoons..... I grew up just fine. Just as hundred of other kids did watching that stuff. A lot of shows today are hip hap happy things with no sad moments. the saddest thing is if Spongebob forgot his jellyfishing net. Or Swipper swiped something. The kids NEED something good to watch like this. It's why its so popular. It's one of the few good shows.
XD Besides, Kid's will still watch rated R movies if the parents allow them, or the kid just finds a way. I watched the exorcist, Tremors, Freddy vs Jason. If I can handle that I can handle a few weird cartoonish images. And so can kids these days. 4laugh

I don't know, I'm just scared at how fast kids are growing up.

Think of it this way. If you deprive the kid, It will turn out... odd, different from the norm because the norm allows CN shows to be viewed by kids. Yes, they grow fast. But how they grow is up to the parent.
Caption Kiya
JJmyster22
Caption Kiya
Try comparing shows and kid movies today with what it was when you where a kid. For me, I was a 90's kid. I had Bambi, Land before Time, Cinderella, Invader Zim, Rin and Stimpy,, Rocko's Modern Life, ext. So I had Death, Death, Evil step mothers and run aways. I dont need to explain the cartoons..... I grew up just fine. Just as hundred of other kids did watching that stuff. A lot of shows today are hip hap happy things with no sad moments. the saddest thing is if Spongebob forgot his jellyfishing net. Or Swipper swiped something. The kids NEED something good to watch like this. It's why its so popular. It's one of the few good shows.
XD Besides, Kid's will still watch rated R movies if the parents allow them, or the kid just finds a way. I watched the exorcist, Tremors, Freddy vs Jason. If I can handle that I can handle a few weird cartoonish images. And so can kids these days. 4laugh

I don't know, I'm just scared at how fast kids are growing up.

Think of it this way. If you deprive the kid, It will turn out... odd, different from the norm because the norm allows CN shows to be viewed by kids. Yes, they grow fast. But how they grow is up to the parent.

Okay. Thank you for that outlook.

Shadowy Inquisitor

8,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
Phantomhawk67
This is exactly what kids like these days. RANDOMNESS! Plus CN isnt exactly all kids anymore. Keep in mind they also have adult swim on it.
They used to have adult swim.
Serene Dippity
Phantomhawk67
This is exactly what kids like these days. RANDOMNESS! Plus CN isnt exactly all kids anymore. Keep in mind they also have adult swim on it.
They used to have adult swim.

Amen

Dapper Loiterer

JJmyster22
Kimi Doodles

It's PG so they can get away with a LOT. Seriously. Just look at the "Radar" page on TVTropes. emotion_awesome
I think the creepiness just adds to the appeal of the show though. Like the Lich, or the freaky deer in No One Can Hear You. It's nice that AT doesn't have to treat it's audience like little kids.

True true, but even if I was older I'd still be freaked out -_-

Not going to lie, I actually got chills when I first saw that deer take of his hooves like that. Really deep chills. Which is stupid of me but whatever. xD

And in response to what a few other people are saying, yes kid's are growing up faster in this generation but we had some pretty intense stuff as kids too. "Hunchback of Notre Dame" for one is a REALLY adult kid's movie, but it was still a part of my childhood. Despite Frodo(?) being creepy as all hell. Kid's don't really NEED the hold-your-hand-Dora-the-explora-baby-you-through-the-entire-show crap. They need these fun shows like Adventure Time that just lets you use your imagination and have fun. And the scary stuff just happens really. The kid's aren't going to "grow up" from seeing scary stuff on TV. We had a LOT of "scary stuff" on our movies which we later looked back at and laughed. Like the ending fight scene in The Little Mermaid scared me as a kid but looking back at it now it's like "oh god I was so silly as a kid." emotion_awesome

Girl

I think Adventure Time is perfect for kids. There is more and more pressure on kids to get ahead in school and to be moral upright citizens, and its leaking into nearly every TV show aimed at them. Kids don't need all that... while it is true that their brains are incredibly plastic at a young age, which makes them the perfect vessels for learning, kids need a chance to be kids. They need a little "Adventure Time" in their lives.
definetly not 4 kids.......my lil sis couldnt sleep for 5 days after watching the one where they run intoo the wall of flesh
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA
You think that's creepy ?

seriously kids shows these days are for real pussies I mean remember the episode of courage called ''demon in the matress'' ? A reference to the exorcist now that's creepy.Like others have said , courage the cowardly dog,Invador zim,ren and stimpy are what I call creepy, king ramnses still creeps me the ******** out.

Questionable Muse

heh from poltergiest when the girl is like, "they're heeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrreeee"
Kimi Doodles
JJmyster22
Kimi Doodles

It's PG so they can get away with a LOT. Seriously. Just look at the "Radar" page on TVTropes. emotion_awesome
I think the creepiness just adds to the appeal of the show though. Like the Lich, or the freaky deer in No One Can Hear You. It's nice that AT doesn't have to treat it's audience like little kids.

True true, but even if I was older I'd still be freaked out -_-

Not going to lie, I actually got chills when I first saw that deer take of his hooves like that. Really deep chills. Which is stupid of me but whatever. xD

And in response to what a few other people are saying, yes kid's are growing up faster in this generation but we had some pretty intense stuff as kids too. "Hunchback of Notre Dame" for one is a REALLY adult kid's movie, but it was still a part of my childhood. Despite Frodo(?) being creepy as all hell. Kid's don't really NEED the hold-your-hand-Dora-the-explora-baby-you-through-the-entire-show crap. They need these fun shows like Adventure Time that just lets you use your imagination and have fun. And the scary stuff just happens really. The kid's aren't going to "grow up" from seeing scary stuff on TV. We had a LOT of "scary stuff" on our movies which we later looked back at and laughed. Like the ending fight scene in The Little Mermaid scared me as a kid but looking back at it now it's like "oh god I was so silly as a kid." emotion_awesome

Yeah, now that I think about it, you're completely right, really how silly ^^
Pokemon Grey
I think Adventure Time is perfect for kids. There is more and more pressure on kids to get ahead in school and to be moral upright citizens, and its leaking into nearly every TV show aimed at them. Kids don't need all that... while it is true that their brains are incredibly plastic at a young age, which makes them the perfect vessels for learning, kids need a chance to be kids. They need a little "Adventure Time" in their lives.

Point taken, thanks for the input ^^

Friendly Bloodsucker

6,650 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
you gotta remeber;kids are watching Simpsons,Family Guy,and South Park nowadays.the line between kid friendly stuff is going a bit onesided.AT's not that bad.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff