Welcome to Gaia! ::

So in "Finn the Human", there is a scene where Marceline flashes back to the mushroom war, and you see a figure that looks like the Lich, which doesn't make sense because in that timeline Finn wished the Lich never existed. Whats up?

Interesting Codger

2,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
The impression I've gotten is that the Lich is "born" from the detonation of the bomb. Finn wished that the Lich never existed, and so history was altered to make it so that that bomb didn't detonate - Simon stopped it with his wizard powers. But, of course, by the end of the episode, the bomb blows up anyway, and so the Lich is born despite Finn's wish.

I think there are 2 possible interpretations of it. One possibility is that the Lich that came out of the bomb that exploded a thousand years ago (the one that we saw) is somehow different from the Lich that would show up if it were to only explode at the present day. Finn wished that the Lich never existed, but that wish only applied to the Lich that he and the audience already know - a new Lich rises instead, and it would seem that there will always be a Lich no matter what they do.

The other possibility is that the wish just changed history, and has no bearing on the future. The Lich never existed, so the bomb never went off. Finn was transported to that point of time in the alternate timeline, and so what happens from there is left to him and fate. As it would happen, the bomb went off and so the Lich came to existence anyway.
i hate finn the human episode i think he looks ugly i dont hate the episode i just dont like it mrgreen 4laugh rofl rolleyes redface crying evil scream

thewookieempire's Girlfriend

Bashful Flatterer

7,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Flatterer 200
TeenTitans Starfire01
i hate finn the human episode i think he looks ugly i dont hate the episode i just dont like it mrgreen 4laugh rofl rolleyes redface crying evil scream
Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but Finn does look different in that episode. I believe that is what he would look like if the Mushroom never happened. And just like everyone else, like Finn's parents, Choose Bruce (human version of Choose Goose), and the townsfolk all look different because of the Mushroom War. Pendleton Ward, creator of AT, said so himself that Finn is mutated to some degree to look like everyone else in Ooo. For example, everyone has the same kawaii, little face. Plus, Jake as a regular dog.
Masked Villain
TeenTitans Starfire01
Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but Finn does look different in that episode. I believe that is what he would look like if the Mushroom never happened. And just like everyone else, like Finn's parents, Choose Bruce (human version of Choose Goose), and the townsfolk all look different because of the Mushroom War. Pendleton Ward, creator of AT, said so himself that Finn is mutated to some degree to look like everyone else in Ooo. For example, everyone has the same kawaii, little face. Plus, Jake as a regular dog.

Ok so how can you find out where Pendleton ward blogs about that back-story of adventure time. I feel so left out.
Sadist Sedated
The impression I've gotten is that the Lich is "born" from the detonation of the bomb. Finn wished that the Lich never existed, and so history was altered to make it so that that bomb didn't detonate - Simon stopped it with his wizard powers. But, of course, by the end of the episode, the bomb blows up anyway, and so the Lich is born despite Finn's wish.

I think there are 2 possible interpretations of it. One possibility is that the Lich that came out of the bomb that exploded a thousand years ago (the one that we saw) is somehow different from the Lich that would show up if it were to only explode at the present day. Finn wished that the Lich never existed, but that wish only applied to the Lich that he and the audience already know - a new Lich rises instead, and it would seem that there will always be a Lich no matter what they do.

The other possibility is that the wish just changed history, and has no bearing on the future. The Lich never existed, so the bomb never went off. Finn was transported to that point of time in the alternate timeline, and so what happens from there is left to him and fate. As it would happen, the bomb went off and so the Lich came to existence anyway.

This Lich wasn't in the future, rather the past, prior to Finn's wish
Kyrel The Brawler
Masked Villain
TeenTitans Starfire01

Ok so how can you find out where Pendleton ward blogs about that back-story of adventure time. I feel so left out.

Ahhhghhh i want it too surprised

Frederator maybe?

Bashful Flatterer

7,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Flatterer 200
Kyrel The Brawler
Masked Villain
TeenTitans Starfire01

Not sure. Sorry. I just happen to come across things like that every now and then.

Bashful Gawker

8,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Lich was created because of the bomb.
Masked Villain
Kyrel The Brawler
Masked Villain
TeenTitans Starfire01

Not sure. Sorry. I just happen to come across things like that every now and then.

well you're definitely just a lil more resourceful than me

Bashful Flatterer

7,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Flatterer 200
Kyrel The Brawler
Masked Villain
Kyrel The Brawler
Masked Villain
TeenTitans Starfire01

well you're definitely just a lil more resourceful than me
Why, thank you. emotion_c8

Dapper Lunatic

5,575 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Trader 100
chalkbox
So in "Finn the Human", there is a scene where Marceline flashes back to the mushroom war, and you see a figure that looks like the Lich, which doesn't make sense because in that timeline Finn wished the Lich never existed. Whats up?

I dunno
I think Prismo explains it while he's talking to Jake.
I love Prismo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces