Welcome to Gaia! ::

(SPOILER ALERT)In "Red Starved" we learn that Finn is color blind and can not see the color green. Red and green is the most common type of color blindness. The color blind gene is on the X Chromosome. Why girls get it less often than males. Since males only have one X and so do not have another X that will cancel it out meaning if they have one infected X chromosome they will get it for sure. So anyways in the "Red starved" Finn drag up what he believed to be a Ruby since he saw it as red but it was really am Emerald that was green. Finn also carries a Green backpack. Does that mean he can not really see that his backpack is Green?

Lonely Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Didn't know Finn was color blind O.o
Beastc0ast
Didn't know Finn was color blind O.o

It shows it in the episode. Watch "Red starved"
Wow dident know fin was color blind
poor guy he cant see all the green leaves on his house LOL or the grass! the world must look
really werd to him!
thats why he has jake the dog. he will never lose him to color blindness! heart Is Jake color blind too???? cuz hes a dog. ohhh my globbb things don't make sense now! dramallama
techn9cian-420
thats why he has jake the dog. he will never lose him to color blindness! heart Is Jake color blind too???? cuz hes a dog. ohhh my globbb things don't make sense now! dramallama

Alright clearly none of you paid attention to the post since I said in the original post "ITS IN RED STARVED". watch the episode and you will see it. Clearly jake is not color blind since he tells finn that he is color blind and that the crystal is not Red its GREEN! So clearly jake can see colors. Also current knolledge says dogs are colorblind but jake is magic so maybe that gives him better vision. Just like ice king had glasses but his eyes were replaced with wizard vision.
http://www.watchonlinecartoons.net/adventure-time/watch-adventure-time-episode-38-season-5-red-starved

Hilarious Gaian

8,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Are you sure that he is permanently color blind? Because that's the first episode where it says anything about him being color blind.
a_real _demon_chick_
Are you sure that he is permanently color blind? Because that's the first episode where it says anything about him being color blind.

Do you mean to ask was he born with it? Well from what I know about colorblindness its rescesive and is carried on the X chromosome. So if the boys get X with colorblind gene they are going to be colorblind since unlike girls they do not have another x to balance it out. Also I think Finn might have had it before since he said in the episode "Sometimes things are grayish and green". I looked up what things look like for colorblind people. People who are colorblind see stuff grayish or very bland versions of the colors and miss part of the color spectrum. Since we dont know anything about finns parents we cant guess what the genes are. I guess you could become colorblind if shot in the eye but I dont remember an episode where that happens. So I am assuming that he was probobly born with it and never realized it. Colorblindness is also much more common in males than it is in females.
TheKingofKnight
a_real _demon_chick_

Do you mean to ask was he born with it? Well from what I know about colorblindness its rescesive and is carried on the X chromosome. So if the boys get X with colorblind gene they are going to be colorblind since unlike girls they do not have another x to balance it out. Also I think Finn might have had it before since he said in the episode "Sometimes things are grayish and green". I looked up what things look like for colorblind people. People who are colorblind see stuff grayish or very bland versions of the colors and miss part of the color spectrum. Since we dont know anything about finns parents we cant guess what the genes are. I guess you could become colorblind if shot in the eye but I dont remember an episode where that happens. So I am assuming that he was probobly born with it and never realized it. Colorblindness is also much more common in males than it is in females.

Also colorblindness is a permeneant thing. Its not like a cold. It doesnt just go away if that is what you are asking. Its a ressesive gene.

Interesting Codger

2,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
It kind of doesn't make sense. I mean, sure, what he sees as "red" we might see as "green," but he should have grown up learning that grass, the leaves on trees, green crayons, and various other things are "green," and he'd just associate them with a different color in mind than what we do (though, this "green" may look exactly the same as "red" to him).

But I don't have any experience with colorblindness, nor do I know much about it, so if anyone can correct me if I've gotten the wrong impression, I'd appreciate it.

Fashionable Gaian

4,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
intresting theory...
Sadist Sedated
It kind of doesn't make sense. I mean, sure, what he sees as "red" we might see as "green," but he should have grown up learning that grass, the leaves on trees, green crayons, and various other things are "green," and he'd just associate them with a different color in mind than what we do (though, this "green" may look exactly the same as "red" to him).

But I don't have any experience with colorblindness, nor do I know much about it, so if anyone can correct me if I've gotten the wrong impression, I'd appreciate it.

That really is not reluvant to the gem. Since gems can be blue, green, red, pink, yellow, ecs. So its not like the jewl is going to automatically look GREEN to him. That is why they were arguing if its an EMERALD or if its a RUBY. Since its jewls that might look the same but are different colours. Secondly most of these type of jewls look exactly the same but are often polished, cut and shaped differently. Originally they all look the same. So knowing grass is ALWAYS green is not going to help him a colour of a jewl. Also people with colourblindless sometimes see some colours ok or they just see a very bland colouring. Like a greyish red or a greyish green. That is why he said "Sometimes it looks green or greyish". In the episode.

Devoted Bookworm

10,125 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
this was probably posted a looong time ago but since he is color blind, he probably just loves the color red. and just calls it green. he of course can see it, just a different color. can you imagine seeing most things red?? its weird. so dark and evil :/ ya know since the land of Ooo is mostly green.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff