Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vampire

4,100 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Edward 100
Asian Warrior 88
Janet Von Murder
If it was true, then interpretive art and cartoons (and anime) would never exist at all. Most of the shows you listed as acceptable do not even attempt complete realism..

OH REALLY?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Enjoy your 2-D anime girls ya lonely weaboo you.
Marshall Leen

WOW, you join an Anime inspired website like this, and you throw around racial slurs against the Japanese?!! How dare you...

Vampire

4,100 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Edward 100
Asian Warrior 88
Marshall Leen

WOW, you join an Anime inspired website like this, and you throw around racial slurs against the Japanese?!! How dare you...

This site is for lots of other different things, and not only Anime. I'm not trying to offend some people out there that are weaboos... But everyone goes through their stages, we'll learn one day we were all once a weaboo; the first time seeing Anime for a fact. Again, no offence dude.

Fashionable Enabler

8,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Asian Warrior 88
Janet Von Murder
If it was true, then interpretive art and cartoons (and anime) would never exist at all. Most of the shows you listed as acceptable do not even attempt complete realism..

OH REALLY?

It's cool. I'm fine with it. You still didn't address anything else I said. It's apparent you truly understood nothing I said. emotion_dealwithit

Sparkling Bunny

17,650 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
So, I was born in the 80's and I LOVE Adventure Time. Its overlying plot is done subtlely so actually watch the show to pick up clues on it. Honestly though, you just sound like you're quoting that stupid Mad Tv cartoon sketch they did about AT. :c
I don't mind the show...
I will admit my first reaction was more of... "WTF?"
It's so random and uneducational... But that's entertainment.
Ren & Stimpy was just as popular & that show was the same.
It's what people wants to see. smile
its not stupid its adventourous im 15 n i watch it
its awes0m3
Janet Von Murder
Asian Warrior 88
Sparkly Tiara of Death
Asian Warrior 88

I read your last post.
Please tell me, how is it original of an artist to switch from a unique art style to one that looks more life-like?

Obviously it would also be more original for your beloved anime artists to stop drawing the typical anime artwork and make all shows realistic.

Life like styled drawing are more attractive to the eyes of the viewer... When I draw, I try to make the characters as real as I can possibly make them...

If ^ was true, then interpretive art and cartoons (and anime) would never exist at all. Most of the shows you listed as acceptable do not even attempt complete realism. As a matter of fact, cartoons cannot be cartoons without some form of what is not realistic. 'Anime' (あにめ) is a Japanese loan word from english shortened from 'Animation', which is what a cartoon is. They are the SAME THING, just a different country.

Once again, you are taking something that is subjective and biased, and assuming that this is the accepted norm, and as such is everyone's opinion. You are WRONG. Realistic drawing is definitely nice, but we've got thousands of years of that happening. That's boring. Doing the same s**t over and over is boring. Art cannot be art if we are not allowed to explore into different possibilities, not only plot-wise, but style-wise as well. It's all about imagination. You shame me as an artist, simply because you are too narrow minded to create your own style, and would rather copy from real life as much as possible. You cannot tell me what I am attracted to. That is up to me to decide.

Any monkey can be a copy machine and take something and duplicate it. It takes real talent to come up with your own interpretation, yet get the same answer anyway. You want uniformity via complete realism, and we as humans cannot thrive or express ourselves properly from that. We are as varied as the grains of sand on a beach, and yet you wish to suppress that. At least, that's what I seem to be getting from you.

Also, I want to point out that Toonami in itself is not a show, but a collaboration of them, just like Adult Swim. It does not have a plot, it's simply a robot showing you different anime/cartoon shows from space in a spaceship.

To tell you the truth, I never thought about it like that. I always had the mindset that anyone can draw a cartoon, but a REAL ARTIST can draw reality. When I watch some cartoons, the characters look so easy to draw in 10 minutes, but in anime it may take me up to 1 entire week to get the body shape and proportion correct. Then maybe 1 hour to do lighting, shading, and contrast (all my art is in greyscale).

You say "Anime" and "cartoons" are the same? Try Googling up both words separately and I bet you 1000 G you wont find the results to be the same.

As for Toonami, yes it is a block. But it's also considered a show because it involves animation, voice acting, scripts, and characters. Tom was voiced by Sonny Strait (Krilin from DBZ) and Steven Blum (COD Modern Warfare, Cowboy Bebop, Mass Effect, Samurai Champloo, Batman Arkem Asylum, Final Fantasy X, and Blood The Last Vampire). He owned a pirate ship called the "Absolution" and had a partner named "Sara" who controlled the robots known as "Clyde". Tom's video game reviews were scripted, and the animation was all done by the Toonami team...

Shirtless Vampire

8,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
Asian Warrior 88
Marshall Leen

Weeaboo isn't a racial slur, it's a stereotype of people that like Asian or Japanese things, but don't speak Japanese or live there.
It basically portrays them as acceptable targets that idolize Japanese things, secretly wish to move to Japan, and hate things from their own country.

4,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
Asian Warrior 88
scream

I don't get it. Why do so many people like Adventure Time? The show doesn't have a storyline, everything happens at random, it's poorly animated, even the own creator said it was meant to be stupid... So why does everybody like the show? Even reality shows are stupid like Jersey Shore and whatever. What happened to good shows like Johnny Bravo, Juniper Lee, Toonami, Naruto, Teen Titans, Family Matters, Keenan & Kel, All That, Fresh Prince and other shows that seem to have a solid plot and motivating story? Tell me why? Is it because I was born in the 90's (Generation Y)

History

Toonami Reborn

Must Watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdPIy-7oUD0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ0Ri35GQbo
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzaPdtvKRXQ

I will admit that the cartoons you said were great, but Adventure Time is good because the point of it is to be funny and tell secret jokes like what the flop, or shake your eyes for me. cheese_whine

Shameless Millionaire

8,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Stop trying to compare a child's cartoon with adult like shows and anime. Johnny Bravo was a funny cartoon but that to did not really have that great of a plot.

Shameless Millionaire

8,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Just your problem
AND NOW FOR THE MOST INTERESTING THING IN THIS TOPIC :

Enjoy.
wow you are so right
Pudaboo
Asian Warrior 88
Marshall Leen

Weeaboo isn't a racial slur, it's a stereotype of people that like Asian or Japanese things, but don't speak Japanese or live there.
It basically portrays them as acceptable targets that idolize Japanese things, secretly wish to move to Japan, and hate things from their own country.

Thanks for the Insight. I'm no weeaboo, but I speak Mandarin and my father was a Black British Hong Kong Citizen (Back when HK was part of the British Empire) so that would technically make me 1/8 HK Chinese, but I'm identified as a Black British, Italian, Half-Asian, American Citizen...

Shirtless Vampire

8,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
The AT hater has a Princess Bubblegum Companion...
When does the hurting stop?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces