Welcome to Gaia! ::

scream

I don't get it. Why do so many people like Adventure Time? The show doesn't have a storyline, everything happens at random, it's poorly animated, even the own creator said it was meant to be stupid... So why does everybody like the show? Even reality shows are stupid like Jersey Shore and whatever. What happened to good shows like Johnny Bravo, Juniper Lee, Toonami, Naruto, Teen Titans, Family Matters, Keenan & Kel, All That, Fresh Prince and other shows that seem to have a solid plot and motivating story? Tell me why? Is it because I was born in the 90's (Generation Y)

History

Toonami Reborn

Must Watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdPIy-7oUD0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ0Ri35GQbo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzaPdtvKRXQ

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
Asian Warrior 88
scream

I don't get it. Why do so many people like Adventure Time? The show doesn't have a storyline, everything happens at random,
What are you talking about no storyline? The show is set over a thousand years in the future after the, "Great Mushroom War" (a nuclear war) blew off abut a fifth of the planet Earth and nuclear radiation mutated everyone and everything.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Here is a holographic globe featuring the Earth during the time period.
After a while or so all these mutants noticed how delicious the luckiest of humans to have not been mutated too badly (these least mutated humans will just be referred to as humans) and started hunting down all the remaining humans. After a while the human count started getting slim but they were apparently still being hunted and the parents of the main character (Finn the human) had to hide him in the woods so that they would be eaten and not him. The second main character (Jake the dog)'s parents found Finn as a baby, crying in the woods and raised him as his own. Now about ten years or so after that the show is about two "brothers" trying to make a fun life in this wreck of a planet.

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
Asian Warrior 88
... and other shows that seem to have a solid plot and motivating story? Tell me why? Is it because I was born in the 90's (Generation Y)
Seems like a solid plot and motivating story to me, it is even a moving story about parents killing themselves to save their child.

I was 87, does that make me Generation Z?

Shadowy Inquisitor

8,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
You're not the only one. but I'm not one of them.

As felinoel said, it all started at the great mushroom war. Etc, etc.

Each episode has a different plot, situation, setting, just like your normal cartoons, and still has the same character. I think it's the same for other cartoons too, same characters, different plot each episode.

I think you want a cartoon/anime/whatever(it's all animated anyway.) that has all the characters set up in one definite ending and one definite goal. Like Fullmetal Alchemist, they have one set goal to turn themselves normal and travel everywhere. It's either they get what they want or not, overcoming obstacles along the way. Unlike Adventure Time, it's episodes have each a different goal. EITHER THAT OR YOU JUST DONT LIKE AT. PERIOD. sweatdrop

... Okay, I don't really remember what I typed much, so sorry if the thoughts were scattered and didn't make a lot of sense. sweatdrop

felinoel
Asian Warrior 88
... and other shows that seem to have a solid plot and motivating story? Tell me why? Is it because I was born in the 90's (Generation Y)
Seems like a solid plot and motivating story to me, it is even a moving story about parents killing themselves to save their child.

That makes you generation X
Maybe it's just me. Personally a HARD BOILED ANIME still beats ADVENTURE TIME any day of the week for me. lol

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
Serene Dippity

Each episode has a different plot, situation, setting, just like your normal cartoons, and still has the same character. I think it's the same for other cartoons too, same characters, different plot each episode.

I think you want a cartoon/anime/whatever(it's all animated anyway.) that has all the characters set up in one definite ending and one definite goal. Like Fullmetal Alchemist, they have one set goal to turn themselves normal and travel everywhere. It's either they get what they want or not, overcoming obstacles along the way. Unlike Adventure Time, it's episodes have each a different goal. EITHER THAT OR YOU JUST DONT LIKE AT. PERIOD. sweatdrop

... Okay, I don't really remember what I typed much, so sorry if the thoughts were scattered and didn't make a lot of sense. sweatdrop

It pretty much has a set plot though, it is about two brothers trying to make the best of this wreck of a planet. One brother eventually finds a girlfriend and dates her and the other at first is oblivious to having a girlfriend but then starts wanting one and chases after a girl who then eventually rejects him and then he found someone else to chase after.

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
Asian Warrior 88
felinoel
Asian Warrior 88

That makes you generation X
Really? I could have sworn I only heard of the X thing during the late nineties...

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
Asian Warrior 88
Maybe it's just me. Personally a HARD BOILED ANIME still beats ADVENTURE TIME any day of the week for me. lol
Why would you boil an anime? Much less hard boil one.

Dangerous Shapeshifter

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
ummm take life calmly man

Shadowy Inquisitor

8,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
felinoel
Serene Dippity

It pretty much has a set plot though, it is about two brothers trying to make the best of this wreck of a planet. One brother eventually finds a girlfriend and dates her and the other at first is oblivious to having a girlfriend but then starts wanting one and chases after a girl who then eventually rejects him and then he found someone else to chase after.
Oh, okay o:
Asian Warrior 88
scream

I don't get it. Why do so many people like Adventure Time? The show doesn't have a storyline, everything happens at random, it's poorly animated, even the own creator said it was meant to be stupid... So why does everybody like the show? Even reality shows are stupid like Jersey Shore and whatever. What happened to good shows like Johnny Bravo, Juniper Lee, Toonami, Naruto, Teen Titans, Family Matters, Keenan & Kel, All That, Fresh Prince and other shows that seem to have a solid plot and motivating story? Tell me why? Is it because I was born in the 90's (Generation Y)

i was born in the 90s to you know and i absolutely love adventure time. Johnny Bravo was a hrrible show and i knew that as a kid. Dexters Labratory was better and it was almost exactly like adventure time. Naruto is still going on btw. Now as for Teen Titans i wish they would make more episodes that show was way good.

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
Serene Dippity
felinoel
Serene Dippity

Oh, okay o:
3nodding

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
Ezio Ayakami
Asian Warrior 88
scream

i was born in the 90s to you know and i absolutely love adventure time. Johnny Bravo was a hrrible show and i knew that as a kid. Dexters Labratory was better and it was almost exactly like adventure time. Naruto is still going on btw. Now as for Teen Titans i wish they would make more episodes that show was way good.
Oh they kinda brought back Teen Titans!
A short episode airs each week now. So short though that you can't set it to DVR cause it airs during a commercial break of another show... sigh
You and many others.
Adventure time has comedy, mystery, romance, and many more things to it.
There actually is a huge story line, unlike most Adult Swim shows.
Random is funny. It adds in the humor. Does it matter if it was meant to be stupid? The characters are loving, the animation is cute.
It throws in something you don't normally see in cartoon shows, and that makes it unique for me.
Out of everything you names, only Teen Titans, Naruto, some things on Toonami......have an actual plot.
The solid statement you made on plot makes you an obvious troll, and nothing more.
I adored most of Toonami, because I was a teenager at the point.
I'm much older, and a parent, now.
AT is something my whole family can watch, love, and get to know from. That's another reason why it's so special to me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff