Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Hey all you Adventure Time Fans!

We know you love your Adventure Time, and also love winning things, so we have some pretty sweet contests for you!

For the next two weeks, we'll be running a series of Adventure Time trivia contests for the Gaia community. Not only will this be a super fun way to hang out with other fans of the show, but you could win a copy of Adventure Time: Season One DVD of your own. How awesome would that be?!?!

Please read below for more details on how to enter the contests as well as information on the great prize you could possibly win.

Hope you all join in the fun!
- The Adventure Time Team
User Image

CONTEST DETAILS

When are the contests and what are they about?:
From Monday, April 9th, 2012 until Monday, April 23rd, 2012 we'll be having a series of Adventure Time trivia contests for the Gaia community. The questions will come from various episodes from the Adventure Time series, so time to get watching again!

That sounds great! What are the prizes???:
It IS great - great fun! And speaking of great, check out the prizes! Being in the know on the show could land you a sweet prize of an Adventure Time: Season One DVD of your own. How awesome would that be? Pretty darn awesome!

How many questions will there be?:
We'll make a new contest thread on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. On Fridays, we'll make one more contest thread but that specific contest question will be for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. This is so people who can only get online on the weekends have a chance to enjoy the contests too! Basically, it'll run like this for each week the contests are going on:

Monday - Contest Thread (2 winners will be chosen)
Tuesday - Contest Thread (2 winners will be chosen)
Wednesday - Contest Thread (2 winners will be chosen)
Thursday - Contest Thread (2 winners will be chosen)
Friday - Sunday - Contest Thread (posted on Friday) (2 winners will be chosen)

Where can I find the contest threads?:
In the Adventure Time forum of course! Check the stickies - you'll see the contest threads there.

CONTEST RULES & GUIDELINES

I really want to enter - HOW DO I ENTER?!?!:
Great question! Entering one of the contests is really simple. Each day there is a contest, we'll make a thread with a contest trivia question. You just have to post your answer to that question in that thread to be eligible for that day's prize drawing - See? It really IS simple to enter!

Can I enter the same contest more than once?:
Unfortunately no, you only get one answer per contest. Posting multiple entries in the same contest thread will result in disqualification, so make sure your answer is the one you want!

Can I enter all the different contest threads?:
Yes, absolutely - you can enter all the trivia contest question threads but remember you only get one guess per contest question, and are only eligible to win a contest on the day it is played. All entries that are posted later than the end of that contest's official date will be disqualified. So, for example, if a contest runs on Monday and you post your answer on Tuesday morning, it will not count.

Can I enter on multiple accounts?:
Nope, but nice try! You may only enter each contest once on one account. No entering on secondary (aka mule) accounts too. Entering a contest on multiple accounts will result in disqualification.

I am not from the USA - can I still enter the contests?:
Sure you can, as long as your country allows you to enter contests like this! Please be aware, however, that the DVD prizes are only for North American formatted/regional players, so you might not be able to view it if you do win. Still, you might have a multi-region player or a friend or relative who can view it, so it cannot hurt to try, right?

How will the winners be chosen?:
Winners will be chosen at random - we'll randomly generate a page and a post number from the thread. If your post is that number post on that specific page, and if you have the correct answer, you'll win! So, for example, let's say a thread has 100 pages and there are 15 posts a page. We randomly generate page 44 and post number 7. If you have the 7th post on page 44 of the contest thread, and have the correct answer, you win!

How will the winners be notified?:
If you are a winner, Siskataya (one of the Gaia staff) will send you a private message on Gaia with more information on how to contact staff to get your prize!

Can I win more than one of the contests?:
No, unfortunately, you can only win one time for the duration of the contests. This is so that more people have a chance at winning an awesome prize!
User Image

CONTEST TRIVIA QUESTION for Monday, April 9th, 2012

Ok Adventure Time fans, here we go! The trivia question for today's contest is this:
From Episode 1: My Two Favorite People
Question: What’s the worm’s name inside of Jake’s violin?
Answer: Shelby

Once you think you have the correct answer, post your guess in this thread! Best of luck to everyone playing!

User Image

CONTEST TRIVIA QUESTION WINNERS for Monday, April 9th, 2012

Hey everyone! Thanks to everyone who entered this contest. We are pleased to announce that the following Gaians have won copies of the Adventure Time: Season One DVD

Congrats to ~Heat~ and Celtic zombie-kitten!

Congrats to the winners of this contest!

==================================

UPDATE:
We've got some winners for this first trivia question and will be announcing them tomorrow! In the meantime, check out the current Adventure Time trivia contest question here: Adventure Time Trivia Contest for Tuesday, April 10th!

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Contributor 150
first comment razz
P.s. its Shelby

3,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
WOOT!
*gasp* and im second!
And the worms name is Shelbby ( if i spelled it right)

Hilarious Fatcat

7,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
First Page FTW! heart

Shelby

Generous Perfectionist

7,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
SOUNDS AWESOME!!!! smile

But i'm not really intrested.

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Shelby is the worm who lives in Jake's viola!

Lonely Mage

8,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Peoplewatcher 100
isn't the worm in jakes viola named Shelby o.o

Aged Bunny

Shelby! smile

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200