Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,350 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
ok, im asking a question that likely everyone knows the answer to but i need to know what the achievments are for.
Spades75
ok, im asking a question that likely everyone knows the answer to but i need to know what the achievments are for.
for showing off? eek
those some hope gaia will give something to them later..

Fashionable Prophet

9,050 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
What is this, Soviet Russia? Achievements are just something you do.

4,350 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
Nia Nate
Spades75
for showing off? eek
those some hope gaia will give something to them later..

showing off what? my ability to sell crap in the market?

Friendly Vampire

Spades75
i need to know what the achievments are for.
Achievements have the same purpose as Trophies or Medals (i mean the real-world-thingies here^^).
You get them upon achieving something woth mentioning - and that's it.
Where's the use of a Trophy saying you got first place in Tennis or whatever?
If not even the real-world-thingies have a true purpose, why should their digital counterparts have one?

4,350 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
Necifer
Spades75
i need to know what the achievments are for.
Achievements have the same purpose as Trophies or Medals (i mean the real-world-thingies here^^).
You get them upon achieving something woth mentioning - and that's it.
Where's the use of a Trophy saying you got first place in Tennis or whatever?
If not even the real-world-thingies have a true purpose, why should their digital counterparts have one?

well real world trophies require you to have skill, what do these say, "congrats you can push a button!!!"

Friendly Vampire

Every Trophy takes effort/skill to achieve.
Just because pushing a Button is like child's play to you doesn't mean it's the same for everyone.
While you might find pushing a Button a task too trivial to get an Achievement for, a really good Tennis player might find winning a big championship similarly easy.
In the end, it's just a matter of habit.
If you never did something before, it's hard for you and you might consider even small Achievements as steepening incentives.
But once you get used to it, it doesn't seem worth mentioning.
It doesn't matter, if those actions are in the real world or in the digital world, because it's still a human doing those actions.
You wouldn't call hacking the Pentagon easy, just because it's a digital action, would you?
And you can't hack the Pentagon if you didn't learn how to push a Button beforehand wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff