tumblr. 'Nuff said. 0.0625 6.2% [ 1 ]
The Bottomless Pit, apparently. It's actually not bottomless. 0.125 12.5% [ 2 ]
bits option 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
I meant /free gold/ option take the free gold option 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 16 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 101 102 103 > >> >>> »|

Kin Bibliophile

heart the thread if you can!
Will this become Popular again first, or will I complete Elocutionist first? Most likely the former, but who doesn't like a good race? Besides, I get to help people along the way! That's even better.
See the end of the post for more information about what I can do to be helping you!

Oh, and I accept friend requests for Ultimate Player. .w. Please send me a PM with it, stating that it's for the achievement. Otherwise I'll likely decline.

----

This contest is undergoing construction. Not a lot of posts have been finished, and said posts are presently unmarked, however you're free to try your hand at them anyways. (; As soon as I deem it acceptable enough to be 100% official, I'll put it in the thread's title.

If you need help with anything at all, don't be afraid to ask! This contest is not just for those already familiar with the worlds of Vignère and Beaufort. This is a general encouragement for everyone to learn some neat things while catapulting me closer to earning Elocutionist. I'd be happy if you joined, even if you've never touched a spy kit in your life.

And the casual contest is...
Decipher any of the cryptograms from recent times and create a post here with what you uncovered. You can solve as many as you want. Online tools are allowed, but unless you're taking a crack at my Providence challenges, the amount won will be lessened. (More prize information is in the spoiler box directly below.)

Depending on the toughness of the cipher used, and if there were any hints present on the page, the prize you receive will vary. Additionally, I will give you a bonus if you can tell me...

Why you're here, or how you got here; how you figured it out, or approximately how long it took you to figure it out; which TV show/book/movie/etcetera the cryptogram references/is a quote from (if applicable); or if you think this contest can be improved in any way.

You'll also receive extra gold (and maybe an item!) if you reach a certain number of solves, or if I believe you've earned it. I won't trade you junk items. Unless you like junk items, that is.

Each bonus is relative to the minimum reward (said minimum reward is what you'll get for completing the easiest challenge available for the level without anything extra added unto it). For example, each bonus for Simple is around an extra 100k~500k, for Intermediate it is 500k~1m, and for Providence, it is 10m~100m. But nothing's set in stone! Think of this more like a guideline, made to help you figure out which level you want to give a chance. ^_^

On online tools: like I mentioned above, using automated decoders on the internet will take away some of your reward. (Unless you're solving my three box ((Providence level)) cryptograms, in which case I'd actually almost encourage it.) But a smaller prize is still a prize.

Besides, there's really no reason to use a decoder for Simple ones. Those should only take you a handful of minutes, tops. And how would you get the satisfaction of uncovering a secret message all by yourself?

rofl

[] Simple [x]
Inexperienced? Rusty? Looking for something small to satisfy that inner cryptologist? Perhaps all of the above? Start here and begin your epic journey to unlock the secrets of the universe. Have fun!
Expect a keyword cipher, or other one-step substitution ciphers, codes, or alphabets.
(examples of ciphers used: Morse code, Binary, ASCII, ROT13, Atbash, A1Z26, Masonic/Pigpen)
Prize: A minimum of 100,000 gold.

[][] Intermediate [x][x]
Maybe you've finally started paying attention to that silly Cryptoquips game in the newspaper. Or maybe you've already memorized a Hebrew cipher, done a few alphabet rotations, jumped over an intellectual Rail Fence, and need something about the same or a little tougher to quell the voice in your head that demands, "Mystery! Intrigue! Secret spy stuff!" If so, maybe this is where you should spend all eternity hang out once in a while.
Expect Caesar shifting, common combinations of ciphers, stand-alone transposition ciphers, and possibly polygraphic alphabets. This level may include some more challenging messages, but hints will be provided for those.
(examples of ciphers used: ROT3, A1Z26 + Atbash, Rail Fence, Route, Polybius Square)
Prize: A minimum of 1,000,000 gold.

[][][] Providence [x][x][x]
This level is so tough, there isn't even a description for it yet. Please hold your horses. (Oh, I'll hold my horses. I'll hold them...) Rest assured, this will all be fixed eventually.
Expect to stare down bizarre combination ciphers and autokeys, Vignère and its (many) cousins throwing you into a Treasure Hunt to find their keywords, and Intermediate quips with absolutely no hints whatsoever. Expect to face walls of text, towers of gibberish, (somewhat limited) steganography, and expect to face it while I'm laughing madly in the background. Be prepared to brute-force your way through lesser-known substitutions, transpositions, and foreign codes. Triangle Guy would be proud.
(examples of ciphers used: Book, Beale, Caesar + Caesar, Running/Autokey)
Prize: A minimum of 100,000,000 gold.

Feel free to recommend a cipher you like, or do tell if you believe there should be more of one level or another.

----

Note that the most recent 30 pages or so were bumped with quotes from literature and familiar faces. Need some quick inspiration or something? I guess you could jump around there. (This thread is turning into a library...)

Also take note of my sometimes random poll. Enjoy the free gold!
Another side note: I might tip your posts randomly, even a few older ones. Just assume I'm super grateful for the help you gave not so long ago.
References to things currently in the poll: 7
(The Unknown = Over the Garden Wall. Wi-Fi = Doctor Who. Galaxy = Star Wars. Hole = The Hobbit. Zone = Danny Phantom. Pit = Gravity Falls. Bits = recolor.me.)

I've completed many of the achievements I set out to earn; it is with immense gratitude that I thank you for helping!

cat_ninja Seeing as I'm still seeking Elocutionist, this thread will remain active.
Post a link to your achievement thread here and I'll do my best to assist you!
I'll also quote you, tip you, or whatever I can do for you at the moment. Just ask! Keep in mind I usually don't do avatar changes. .w.

heart Thank you all so much for helping me get Popular Thread, Mega Thread, Mega Tipsy, Super Tipsy, Mark Twain, Inquisitor, Threadmaster, and Firestarter!

Everyone who has given me their assistance is listed below! gaia_star

Super-special-mega-ultra-über-granda-giant-sized thanks to LunaKaiba, silverflameca, Pathetically Done, C9 hero, K-poplover44, Cynotherium, Sharima, Rayex3, eye has sad, Stargaziey, theasama, RandomChibiKitty, StarryAri, Westly_Saxon, andrejz, Celestial Monarch, Ummot, alone_SCARECROW, Judith Barsi-Ducky, Hotoru Kinno, mSIMD, Q17khfreak, Valansi, Author Number 1, ashley734, klipper pink, Lil Anti-Christ, Stop Dont Believing, soapycakes, Sexy Sadie-xo, kikyotwosoul, Robin Elizabeth Knight, Tao Yoshi, Ambassador Ashwing, TheEighthArchangel, Shea Heart, Sexy Creeper, Kiranei, forever venus, catbuddy, dalia303, Lady Brinard, purplewiz, D e s t i n a y, Your Iron Lung, The Brige, boatman316, stormibear_59, mochi angel3, yousuckhxc, x_mgnn, Kamiki, Vintagefx, t r i e k y, WickedDaeus, Florenthia, casa de nova, Marie-Cris, koritsimou, omninulla, Aria_Of_The_Shadows, Lilacia, Count Chemicore, Adorkable Monster, Silent_Diamond_Vampire, AvalonGreen, NazraTheInsane, Hime-Inari, Sivak, DetonatingFrenchFries, Guitarists, Dustmop, AlongCameFi, Kassavdra, MissWarhola, Annikou, Bananapeachbaby, Mighty Stheno, t r i e k y, Anelise182, Wiz Combatir, Far-Roaming Euryale, Lady Noctua, XxRainflowerxX, Spufflez, Alys3, Oculoplania, Holy Week, Strawberryy_x, DarkSnowDance, Morgensterrn, Despitemyfears, Ps- Me Wub Yew, iilthe, Milkteai, Pammi Hotchner, womanchild, Silenced Nocturne, Coke Vanilla, Vaxir, Hearts Break People Fall, Hottsy Tottsy, Zombie_xKiller, Charlie the OG, ggoi vega, Philli Billiful, Goodnight You, Infaruse, DaEvilDiamond, Gazoontite, TheCoStar, Crystal Mizuka, xXStarXKnightXx, Sullen Organelle, Meribelle, Harmony Bitters, Immortal Child, Mak Mak, Cirrodin, annies b//bs, Taemanly, Cajmera, Has A Cunning Plan, R0RA, visual J mix, Kira Beth, Lil Emerian, Nana 724, Yami Tsukuru, rnoodles, Great Lakes haze, SymphonicFantasia, Coheart, Dyclone, VisceRaven, Jackie Night, FIREinthySKIES, dysphoricrose, bram toker, Priscilla_kitchan, whitewaterdragon, Mushroom Penguin, Mortimer_Jones1994, chocoberrymint, Torn Veil, Noteddybears, Kunoichi_Shea, Lormede, damaraisan, Serenity Dreaming, Code_name_is_ere, more pie, fudge-u-a11, edokitty, TrainerLiz, Mishulin, Cure III, kiironobara, jace eclipse, abegnot, iDetektiv, Atelier Alchemy, DollyPig, the_relm_of_darkness, ~Twisted.Logic~, allonsy, Xx mAtSuRiKa xX, Kyasuri, Perronia, aimordoitnanE, Asalym, Seiji-Ojisan, Deidara Katsu_True Artist, Zhombi, Ccpy, vanileii, Romeigh, Fay_Kasanna_drow, her354, Dot-Blot_ForgetMeNot, TimeLadyMeg, Liqa, Strawberry Pleasure, kenshin.no.go, laneanne7, Chibi_Madoka5, and all those who wished not to be named!

Dangerous Ally

14,275 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Dangerous Ally

14,275 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Dangerous Ally

14,275 Points