1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Interstellar Duck

31,100 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Nerd 50
•*¨*•.¸¸. INCENTIVE PRIZES: .¸¸.•*¨*•

I will do free avatar art for posters
#50 (Popular Thread), #100, #200, #300, #400, and a super special one for #500 (Mega Thread).

(Note: Prize-winning posts must be part of the sentence game, not an emoticon or "Helping!" If they are, the prize will go to the next poster who followed the rules.)

Avi Art Winners:
1. Andrea Thomas for post #50!
2. ??
3. ??
4. ??
5. ??
6. ??
Winners can PM me with their art request.

At the moment I'm going for Popular/Mega Thread (500 posts - got through my other art thread), Threadmaster (100 <3s), and Inquisitor (100 votes). I also need less than 25 more tips for Super Tipsy. All gotten, thanks everyone! heart

Anyway...

I wanted to make a more interesting/constructive Popular/Mega Thread, so I thought of The Never Ending Sentence game. Have any of you played? If not, here's how it works:

• Someone (like me) posts a phrase, but cuts it off in the middle with something like "and, or, because, otherwise", etc.
  • The next person to post must continue that phrase, but also cut theirs off in a similar way.
  • The next person does the same with the person above them, and so on and so on.

Example:
Poster 1 : My brother's horse broke out of the barn one night, because
Poster 2 : "My brother's horse broke out of the barn one night, because" when he went to lock the doors, he was interrupted by
Poster 3 : "when he went to lock the doors, he was interrupted by" an alien spaceship that appeared overhead, shaped like a

And so on!

That's it. It's very simple (and fun), but there are a few rules to keep it flowing nicely:

1) Copy/paste or quote the phrase you are continuing, so we don't get confused in case of simultaneous replies.
(You don't have to quote the entire massive sentence, just the bit you're continuing. See the example above.)

2) Your addition must make grammatical sense, and read like it actually connects to the previous post.
(You can get quirky with the subject matter, but overall it's gotta connect properly. Read it out loud if you're unsure. I will fix/tweak the wording (as little as needed) for the parts that don't make sense.)

3) Don't start with a capital letter, unless it's a proper noun (name, place, etc).

4) Never end your phrase with a period, because you're supposed to be setting up for the next person's reply.

5) Try to allow at least one other person to post between your own replies.
(This won't be super-enforced since many people here are also working on Conversationalist/Elocutionist, but please don't be too spammy.)

Short phrase are fine, even just one or two words. As long as it keeps the sentence going. You can add a slightly longer phrase if you wish, but it can't be too long or feel like it ends a thought.

I'll also piece together the entire sentence as we go so we can all marvel at our ridiculousness, and when we hit 50 posts (for Popular Thread), if it's still going strong I want to try for Mega Thread as well!

I will tip as many people as I can, and help you out in your own threads.

I'll start us off:

Once upon a time there was a newbie Gaian who decided it would be a good idea to

Interstellar Duck

31,100 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Nerd 50
Last Update: 2/5/13 12pm EST

Here's our story so far!
Quote:
Once upon a time there was a newbie Gaian who decided it would be a good idea to enter the town to find some new friends by dressing up in his best outfit, because he was fully expecting that nobody would notice him if he showed up wearing just the starter outfit that all new Gaians get, but he still did not feel like his outfit was good enough for the towns people so he went to Virtual Hollywood instead where he bought himself a very nice hat with a very stylish silver band to go along with the purchase, and went to visit the friendly neighborhood cobbler who had sent him a very perplexing and cryptic invitation in the mail, which simply said to walk on in and take anything he wished from his infinite treasure vault that contained thousands of cheesy sandwiches that could only be eaten by taking one bite a day, but gave you the magical power of flying like a beautiful butterfly and then turning into a celestial being that had the ability to eat as much food as they wanted in a day but had to take a nap every thirty minutes, so the newbie decided to pass on the offer but was taken by surprise when he was offered a super rare item in return for a beautiful sparkling golden egg adorned with gems, but that wasn't all because there was a mystery box still wrapped up on the table, which made the Newbie think that maybe the cobbler had a different motive for offering prizes that seemed too good to be true, especially considering that the cobbler did seem to sport quite a sinister-looking goatee, and a pair of creepy-looking horns the color of a soggy rotten cabbage, and shaped like an infinite spiral that almost seemed to spin hypnotically and began to distract the Newbie from his main goal, which was really just to make some new friends, but the spiraling horns were just too mesmerizing, and against his better judgment the Newbie stuffed his hand into his pocket and pulled out the most expensive item he owned, which was a small statue of a cow with purple eyes, which looked unimportant but really had the power to turn you into a cow for 24 hours if you really, really wanted it, but it could also be used to teleport you to wherever you wanted to go if you said the right magic words, which the Newbie didn't know because he lost the instructions years ago when he lost a game of Blackjack to a gang of old lady rocker punks, which happened to include his own grandmother, but she wouldn't give back the instructions because she thought they were a gingerbread cookie recipe, but she was a terrible cook so the paper ended up baked inside a

Interstellar Duck

31,100 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Nerd 50
Reserved in case the sentence gets too long for one post.

Lonely Seeker

11,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
once time there was a newbie Gaian who decided it would be a good idea to enter the town to find some new friends,

Wheezing Plague

once time there was a newbie Gaian who decided it would be a good idea to enter the town to find some new friends, he dressed up in his best outfit, because he was

Interstellar Duck

31,100 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Nerd 50
by dressing up in his best outfit, because he was fully expecting that nobody would notice him if he showed up wearing

Reginald Orius's Princess

Team OTP

29,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • OTP 200
fully expecting that nobody would notice him if he showed up wearing just the starter outfit that all new Gaians get but

Healing Fairy

just the starter outfit that all new Gaians get but he still did not feel like his outfit was good enough for the towns people so

rigbyyy's Stud

Dangerous Sex Symbol

12,100 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
he still did not feel like his outfit was good enough for the towns people so he went to Virtual Hollywood instead where

Spazzeymoto's Comrade

Hitched Ladykiller

he went to Virtual Hollywood instead where he bought himself a very nice hat with

Dangerous Hunter

More helping. <3

Blessed Raider

he went to Virtual Hollywood instead where he bought himself a very nice hat with a very stylish silver band, to go along with the purchase, he visited the friendly neighborhood cobbler

Interstellar Duck

31,100 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Nerd 50
a very stylish silver band to go along with the purchase, and went to visit the friendly neighborhood cobbler who had sent him a very perplexing and cryptic invitation in the mail, which simply said to

Gracious Fairy

Arynaria
who had sent him a very perplexing and cryptic invitation in the mail, which simply said to
walk on in and

Demonic Sex Symbol

13,175 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Party Member 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
Day Dream Walker
Arynaria
who had sent him a very perplexing and cryptic invitation in the mail, which simply said to
walk on in and
take anything he wished from his infinite treasure vault that

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas