<< < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 40 41 42 > >>

Questionable Conversationalist

11,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Emalthya
Pippin Aelaera Nueth
the govt is a piece of s**t too, they refused to give any help until the rich people were suffering.

That's sickening. But people are like that; they don't care until they are affected. They never thought Brisbane would flood, so all the rich people were like 'Oh, you people in Ipswich, get your acts together' and then they were the ones screaming the loudest when Brisbane did flood, crying about having no time. They got days. We got hours. *Shakes head* I am happy to say, I think we handled it well, all given.

Hopefully things soft out on your end. No matter how well handled, it's still a disaster.
Thang is, where I am from we were flooded in Winter 2005-2006 We were without tap water for 3 months and without drinkable tap water for 6. We had to walk to get water for our houses from bowsers and the local govt had to give away all the water we usually bottle and sell nationally so we could all drink. The TV never showed us on the news. Up home we are more capable of dealing with excess water, down here there systems just aren't in place. It's tough and horrible for the poor people in Somerset who haven't been able to live in their houses since before christmas. But that the tv was showing them I see as a big plus, it meant everyone knew about it. Even though bugger all happened people we able to challenge the govt via the media about it. We didn't get any of that because we're up north.

Anxious Lunatic

36,525 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Magical Gems 500
Pippin Aelaera Nueth
Thang is, where I am from we were flooded in Winter 2005-2006 We were without tap water for 3 months and without drinkable tap water for 6. We had to walk to get water for our houses from bowsers and the local govt had to give away all the water we usually bottle and sell nationally so we could all drink. The TV never showed us on the news. Up home we are more capable of dealing with excess water, down here there systems just aren't in place. It's tough and horrible for the poor people in Somerset who haven't been able to live in their houses since before christmas. But that the tv was showing them I see as a big plus, it meant everyone knew about it. Even though bugger all happened people we able to challenge the govt via the media about it. We didn't get any of that because we're up north.

Yes, I know what you mean there. I live in a place that only has a train station, not a shop, nor a post box, no-one heard of it, but we were cut off totally and they showed it in the news and the semi-well known pub on the other side (people couldn't get home so they had a beer and waited for the floodwaters to subside). I couldn't believe they were showing US in the news.

That's abhominable about your water situation. You pay rates, do you not? Should the government not have to make sure you have water in exchange for rates? *Shakes head*

Questionable Conversationalist

11,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Emalthya
Yes, I know what you mean there. I live in a place that only has a train station, not a shop, nor a post box, no-one heard of it, but we were cut off totally and they showed it in the news and the semi-well known pub on the other side (people couldn't get home so they had a beer and waited for the floodwaters to subside). I couldn't believe they were showing US in the news.

That's abhominable about your water situation. You pay rates, do you not? Should the government not have to make sure you have water in exchange for rates? *Shakes head*
The whole pipe was washed away. 10 miles of mains water pipes gone overnight.

Shy Sailor

Magical Explorer

22,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

No Pants

emotion_brofist

Jethro Veltread's Sweetheart

Shy Girl

gaia_diamond
♫ ninja ♫