Militant Sweetheart

16,650 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
Tokyo Seoul
You should check out "Tombs of the Kings" in Kato Paphos, Paphos, Cyprus

We didn't make it to the Tombs! gonk
Actually, what's worse: we followed signs to Kato Paphos, parked the car and thought the "World Cultural Heritage Archeological Site" might be Tombs of the Kinds. It wasn't. XD
Afterwards we already had to leave Paphos again (2 hour drive to the hotel :/).
But the archeological site was nice too and we saw photographs of the tombs ninja

Meeeb's Wife

Married Wyvern

22,940 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Dragon Master 50

Beloved Poster

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/achievements/inquisitor-fire-starter-super-tipsy/t.83311381/

help ? c:

Militant Sweetheart

16,650 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
KaInu Komaru

Didn't see any Mastiha shops or anything related. Didn't hear about it either. :C
We did learn about the local liquer called Zivana, ate a lot of Halloumi cheese and Baklava (the cypriot-greek version uses walnuts instead of the oriental version, which uses mostly almonds and pistachios). We also had a traditional "Meze" dinner, smoked ham and other traditional dishes.
I must admit though - Cypriotic cuisine isn't really for me. I prefer the western mediterranean food.

Heroic Shapeshifter

19,250 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Survivor 150
You can do it! I've been working toward my goal of 15 million for only four months and I'm very nearly there!

Sparkly Vampire

Simplyfied
Tokyo Seoul

Actually, what's worse: we followed signs to Kato Paphos, parked the car and thought the "World Cultural Heritage Archeological Site" might be Tombs of the Kinds. It wasn't. XD
But the archeological site was nice too and we saw photographs of the tombs ninja

Aww thats too bad but at least you got to see cool stuff. Haha sounds like lots of fun though.
Sie wieder gehen? I'm gonna practice my German on you but I'm not sure its right >.<

Militant Sweetheart

16,650 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
Psychoholic Slag
You can do it! I've been working toward my goal of 15 million for only four months and I'm very nearly there!

Things would go much faster if I weren't a Gaia-slacker xd

Militant Sweetheart

16,650 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
Tokyo Seoul
Simplyfied
Tokyo Seoul

Aww thats too bad but at least you got to see cool stuff. Haha sounds like lots of fun though.
Sie wieder gehen? I'm gonna practice my German on you but I'm not sure its right >.<

At times it was a little stressful, because on Cyprus you have to drive on the left and we had some bad experiences with local guys having a very conservative opinion of women..... stare

You're very welcome to practice your German on me! =3
I think what you wanted to ask was "Wirst du nochmal hingehen?" ("Sie" is so formal, we don't really use that in the anonymous parts of the internet xD).
I don't think I'll be going again. We had some good times, but also a lot of stress and the local food as well as the local way of building towns/villages/cities isn't to my taste.
I prefer places I can get to know by walking through - discovering every nook of a town. Neither in Limassol, nor in Nicosia or Larnaka did they have proper sidewalks and there were cars everywhere. x_x
Also, they have too much pollution by cars, cigarette smoke and black chimney smoke for my taste. (Though in that respect I'm pampered around here, I guess.)
Last but not least, I felt a strong dislike from Greek Cypriots toward Turkish Cypriots and going back would be kind of like supporting that way of thinking. I'm a very political tourist emotion_donotwant

In general, I think I'll stick to mainland instead of islands. 3nodding
(This sounds like *everything* was bad, but it wasn't. Just slightly exhausting, because my sister was unhappy all the time and kept nagging about everything. There are many good things to be found on Cyprus emotion_bigheart )
Could you please go rate me a 5! Thank you!
http://www.gaiaonline.com/arena/gaia/original-avatar/vote/?entry_id=102727283#title

& could you please go heart <3 my thread? Thank you!
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.83049711_1/

Dorian_Archer's Partner

Codebreaking Reveler

10,375 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Heroic Shapeshifter

19,250 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Survivor 150
Simplyfied
Psychoholic Slag

Things would go much faster if I weren't a Gaia-slacker xd

I also have tons of items that I've amassed over my many years on Gaia.

altask's Princess

Anxious Conversationalist

19,825 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Simplyfied
KaInu Komaru

Didn't see any Mastiha shops or anything related. Didn't hear about it either. :C
We did learn about the local liquer called Zivana, ate a lot of Halloumi cheese and Baklava (the cypriot-greek version uses walnuts instead of the oriental version, which uses mostly almonds and pistachios). We also had a traditional "Meze" dinner, smoked ham and other traditional dishes.
I must admit though - Cypriotic cuisine isn't really for me. I prefer the western mediterranean food.

Awww that's to bad! But it sounds like you had a great trip! Did you enjoy it?

Militant Sweetheart

16,650 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
KaInu Komaru
Simplyfied
KaInu Komaru

Awww that's to bad! But it sounds like you had a great trip! Did you enjoy it?

Mostly enjoyable, yes. whee

Kiahpup's Secret Admirer

Anxious Phantom

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out